Search
Register
None of the Bible’s Writers Believed That Jesus is
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

saraja

None of the Bible’s Writers Believed That Jesus is  Reply with quote  

None of the Bible’s Writers Believed That Jesus is God
Christians and Muslims both believe in Jesus, love him, and honor him. They are, however, divided over the question of his divinity. Fortunately, this difference can be resolved if we refer the question to both the Bible and the Quran, because, both the Bible and the Quran teach that Jesus is not God.

To read more please visit this site:

IS THE BIBLE GODS WORD?
http://www.jamaat.net/bible/Bible1-3.html

The Bible - A Closer Look!
http://www.todayislam.com/bible.htm

A List of Biblical Contradictions
http://sultan.org/articles/biblecon.txt
Post Tue May 13, 2003 7:21 am
futuristxen

This is only partially true. This guy named Paul(formerly Saul) was a big proponent of Jesus' divinity and the holy trinity stuff. He influenced all of the thinkers who gave us what we have today.

But in the gospels, yeah this(his divinity) is pretty much right. But there are some apocrayphal gospel texts that also speak to his divinity. I do believe.

My personal belief is that he was a man. And that Christians do a great disservice when they say he was God. Because God is unrelateable. But a man, a teacher, well there's a more immediate connection...I think Jung expounded on this point somewheres if that matters at all.

Last edited by futuristxen on Wed May 14, 2003 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue May 13, 2003 12:10 pm
scribble

as in saul williams

he kicks ass
Post Tue May 13, 2003 1:12 pm
The_Human

scribble wrote:
as in saul williams

he kicks ass

Are you 12??
Post Tue May 13, 2003 1:15 pm
The Dead Poet

I don't know what Bible you've been reading but the Holy Bible does teach that Jesus was God in human form...

read John 1 it talks about the word becoming flesh...

read about the crucifiction... it talks about the curtain in the temple being torn that no one was aloud to see except the high priest and he was only aloud to see it once a year. Read about the resurection.

read Matthew 28: 18-20 where it begins "all authority on Earth and on Heaven have been given to me"

research on your own instead of posting idiotic teachings by a moron that knows html coding and creates a bogus web page
Post Tue May 13, 2003 1:26 pm
The Dead Poet

This is from that page.

Quote:

JESUS DENIED DIVINITY
Mark 10:17-18 and Luke 18:18-19
These verses are highlighted because they are most indicative of Jesus' position and real nature. The verse in Mark reads: "As he [Jesus] was setting out on a journey, a man ran up and knelt before him, and asked him, 'Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?' Jesus said to him, 'Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone." If you analyze this verse in truth you will see that Jesus, quite simply, is not God. If he was, why then would he say "No one is good but God alone"? Jesus did not want to be called "good" because he was not God. That title, as Jesus admits, belongs to none but God.

The person who wrote this is wrong... Jesus said that statement because in order for the rich young man to say that... he would have had to think of Jesus as God.

Jesus said "no one is good but God alone" so if Jesus is "good teacher" than he must be God.
Post Tue May 13, 2003 1:30 pm
MessiahCarey

The Dead Poet wrote:
This is from that page.

Quote:

JESUS DENIED DIVINITY
Mark 10:17-18 and Luke 18:18-19
These verses are highlighted because they are most indicative of Jesus' position and real nature. The verse in Mark reads: "As he [Jesus] was setting out on a journey, a man ran up and knelt before him, and asked him, 'Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?' Jesus said to him, 'Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone." If you analyze this verse in truth you will see that Jesus, quite simply, is not God. If he was, why then would he say "No one is good but God alone"? Jesus did not want to be called "good" because he was not God. That title, as Jesus admits, belongs to none but God.

The person who wrote this is wrong... Jesus said that statement because in order for the rich young man to say that... he would have had to think of Jesus as God.

Jesus said "no one is good but God alone" so if Jesus is "good teacher" than he must be God.

Umm...What are you saying - am I missing something?

Jesus didn't say he was "good teacher" but rather corrected someone for referring to him as good when he doesn't hold that title (it must be reserved for God, evidently)...so...umm....are we supposed to think that this non-God guy has a better idea what's going on than Jesus? You're confusing me.
Post Tue May 13, 2003 1:36 pm
The Dead Poet

Quote:

Jesus didn't say he was "good teacher" but rather corrected someone for referring to him as good when he doesn't hold that title (it must be reserved for God, evidently)...so...umm....are we supposed to think that this non-God guy has a better idea what's going on than Jesus? You're confusing me.

No the man called him "good teacher". at the time there were many mixed feeling if Jesus was God or not. So when this guy came up and called him "good teacher" jesus told him that only God is Good. He wasn't correcting him he was trying to make him see that for him to call him Good he must mean that he was God, because only God is good.
Post Tue May 13, 2003 1:39 pm
MessiahCarey

The Dead Poet wrote:

Quote:

No the man called him "good teacher". at the time there were many mixed feeling if Jesus was God or not. So when this guy came up and called him "good teacher" jesus told him that only God is Good. He wasn't correcting him he was trying to make him see that for him to call him Good he must mean that he was God, because only God is good.

I think your interpretation is insane.

He did NOT call himself GOOD...someone else did. He merely said that "only God is good" - which, in MY interpretation implies a correction not an admission. It's so ambigious you could easily argue either way and be pretty convincing. The author didn't give us enough info here. I'm sure your case could be made in another passage...but I think you're scraping the bottom of the barrel on this one...it's ambigious at best.
Post Tue May 13, 2003 2:02 pm
Reggie

Keep their heads ringing, Shane!

You know, there was a time that I would have become embroiled in this discussion right away. However, I notice that I don't even check topics like this unless they grow to several pages, or if I am bored and I see that a fresh person responded to it most recently. Let it be known that I have many deep and intriguing thoughts on religion in general, and Christianity specifically...I guess I can't be bothered to argue as much anymore.

Too bad.
Post Tue May 13, 2003 2:46 pm
hugh grants hooker

i wish i had more time right now.

check your bible again.

in the beginning the word was with god and the word was god... and jesus sat at the right hand of his father.

...jesus was with god in the beginning. jesus was never 'just a man'. he has existed since 'the beginning'.

the 'word' or holy spirit is/was jesus. they are referred to together so many times in the bible. its part of the 'trinity'. god the father, the son, and the holy spirit. they are 1 in the same ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE.

get back later when i'm at home. gotta run.
Post Tue May 13, 2003 4:05 pm

firefly

Just out of reason and common sense I would argue that Jesus was not God or Gods son. He was a great teacher and perhaps a physical manifestation of a diety of some kind. The problem is that any evidence that once existed that he was not a God would have been destroyed a long time ago.
Post Tue May 13, 2003 4:18 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

my opionon.......jesus was a man just like everyone else on the planet and had his own opionons , morals , ethics and for whatever reason<NOBODY KNOWS FOR SURE> spread the word.....
Post Tue May 13, 2003 4:20 pm
Lazy Eyed Pea

The_Human wrote:
scribble wrote:
as in saul williams

he kicks ass

Are you 12??

Are you twelve and a half? Cause I'm almost thirteen.
Post Tue May 13, 2003 4:36 pm
anaheim13

anybody ever read the gospels of thomas? some weird shit, i guess its supposed to make up for the 30 or so missing years of jesus that arent mentioned in the bible...makes jesus seem like he was an evil child...

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0846.htm

theres probably alot of other sites with different information...
Post Tue May 13, 2003 4:38 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next