Search
Register
NFL Football 2010
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

NME

adic wrote:
Eric B wrote:
Tebow to the broncos!? Mcdaniels is nuts.

Ha, I'm loving this... On top of my natural hatred for the Broncos, Mcdaniels has managed to trade away all the good players, then draft Tebow way too early to top things off, way to go guy... ...It's like he's playing fantasy football... foreal...

Also, almost forgot about the first pick, he drafted that receiver that wasn't Dez Bryant earlier in the first round because he "reminded him of Brandon Marshal"
on the WR is sounds like he wants a Brandon Marshall with a better attitude. Probably explains passing on Bryant.

Lovin that Tebow went to the hated Broncos. I can root against both simultaneously now. :)
Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:07 am
box johnson

McD just hit every branch as he fell out of the Belichik coaching tree. He wants to find his own Tom Brady to be his franchise guy and build from there.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:08 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Jahvid Best's Sport Science segment...
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5120419

Look at those cuts.
0 to 9mpg in 0.2 seconds.

I predicted Tebow to Denver weeks ago...
...just because of the tinfoil hat I keep on my bookcase.

I saw a conspiracy theory about the Denver International Airport and surrounding neighborhoods being ground zero for Christianity when WWIII starts... Queen Elizabeth has a bunch of property in the area.

And the Colorado Rockies are a Christian baseball club..
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/nl/rockies/2006-05-30-rockies-cover_x.htm

You should see the church our taxes built for the Air Force in Colorado..

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:48 pm
Captiv8

^^^ That is definitely on some cult shit.

Tebow going to the Broncos was a really bizarre pick, but it will still be interesting to see how they work him into their system.

I'm also excited about the Lions picks so far. Suh was a no-brainer, and I'm glad to see that even the Lions didn't fuck that one up. Jahvid Best is a great RB, certainly better than Kevin Smith, but the question, as always, is how the o-line will do. Hopefully the second round yields a decent linesman.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:44 pm
Captiv8

box johnson wrote:
McD just hit every branch as he fell out of the Belichik coaching tree. He wants to find his own Tom Brady to be his franchise guy and build from there.

Also, to be fair, I don't think that McDaniel's is necessarily the one making the drafting decisions. Isn't that what the rest of the front office is for?
Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:46 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Captiv8 wrote:

Tebow going to the Broncos was a really bizarre pick, but it will still be interesting to see how they work him into their system.

I'm also excited about the Lions picks so far. Suh was a no-brainer, and I'm glad to see that even the Lions didn't fuck that one up. Jahvid Best is a great RB, certainly better than Kevin Smith, but the question, as always, is how the o-line will do. Hopefully the second round yields a decent linesman.

We don't have a 2nd round pick. We used it to move up to take Jahvid The Jet.
We also swapped 4ths and surrendered one of our 3 7th round picks.
Our next pick is 66th. 2nd in the 3rd.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:59 pm
redball

You Lions fans are so upbeat. I think, were I a Lions fan, watching my cat die a slow painful death from renal failure would be a more promising endeavor than the start of the NFL football season. Though I can't argue that your team made some decent picks.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:29 pm
NME

redball wrote:
You Lions fans are so upbeat. I think, were I a Lions fan, watching my cat die a slow painful death from renal failure would be a more promising endeavor than the start of the NFL football season. Though I can't argue that your team made some decent picks.
they're starting to put together a decent team, and they can really only go up.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:20 pm
redball

I'm going to be honest... I just wanted to post something about how I'm going to spend my weekend. Sorry, it's totally irrelevant and uncalled for. Though, it is interesting how upbeat you guys can be.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:25 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Sorry to hear about your cat.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:26 pm
Captiv8

T-Wrex wrote:
Captiv8 wrote:

We don't have a 2nd round pick. We used it to move up to take Jahvid The Jet.
We also swapped 4ths and surrendered one of our 3 7th round picks.
Our next pick is 66th. 2nd in the 3rd.

I see. Well, hopefully Best will earn his namesake then. If he can do a halfway decent job of things that will take a little heat off of Stafford, which means Calvin Johnson can sprint for the long ball. I'd love if Suh came up and demonstrated a little defensive leadership as well.

Redball, we have to be upbeat. The Lions have been a non-factor in the NFL since Barry Sanders decided the leisurely pace of golf was more his style. All times come around eventually; it's just a matter of when.

I am also sorry to hear about your cat.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:34 pm
Eric B

Why did the Chiefs pick Dexter McCluster? He's just a smaller version of Jamaal Charles.

Sorry vintge they didn't even take Claussen in the second round!
Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:12 pm
phataccino

Where's Shamb? Wasn't he on here all year talking about how Colt McCoy was going to be the first overall pick? Or am I thinking of someone else?
Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:20 pm
Eric B

Eric B wrote:
Why did the Chiefs pick Dexter McCluster? He's just a smaller version of Jamaal Charles.

Sorry vintge they didn't even take Claussen in the second round!

Nevermind, just found out they want McCluster to play slot receiver and return kicks. A 5'8 receiver though? Thats going to be tricky
Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:14 pm
Jared Paul

I just read multiple articles on the big Ben sexual assault case(s). I had no idea. I haven't been up on sports over the past couple months. Holy fuck. That dude needs help. Life can be so shitty.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:38 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49, 50, 51  Next