Search
Register
NFL Football 2010
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

redball

NFL Football 2010  Reply with quote  

It pained me so much to post 2010 stuff in the 2009 thread. The draft starts tomorrow. Time for a new thread.

I'll start things off with Tebow: Does he actually make the first round? I hope not. Maybe he makes it as a QB in the NFL, maybe not, but I'd rather this guy not have a platform. This NPR commentator feels differently, though:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126133907

Can Suh stop the terrible sucking sound that the Lions make year after year?
Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:23 am
FranktheP

Re: NFL Football 2010  Reply with quote  

redball wrote:

I'll start things off with Tebow: Does he actually make the first round? I hope not. Maybe he makes it as a QB in the NFL, maybe not, but I'd rather this guy not have a platform.

Why because you do not agree with him? Can his platform be any worse than the embarassment and crime commited by Rothleisberger, Holmes, Stallworth, etc.? I tend not to root or care about what someone's politics may happen to be especially since it does not necessarily make him a bad guy (how many republicans do you think the NFL may have). I root for my squad (Eagles) and will boo anyone with an opposing jersey. And if one of "my" guys is a dirtbag, I will not root for him but I will root for the team.

As for Tebow, I think he will go low 1st or high 2nd. The kid is a winner and has skills and someone will take a chance on him.

What really has me cheesed is that the damn draft is on Thursday and Friday NIGHT. For the love of Jeebus go back to the Saturday draft--it was like a holiday in between seasons.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:29 am
redball

I don't think Roethlisberger is out there advocating rape. There is a difference between actions and words. I don't particularly care for such politicking as Tebow promises to do (and has already done). I'm not a fan of politicking on either side and using the NFL as a platform, but I find Tebow's worldview to be particularly reprehensible. Nothing comes to mind when I try to think of anyone else who has expressly stated that they want to use the NFL as a platform for their political and religious views.

Also, due to Roethlisberger's actions and the way the NFL/Steelers have reacted I'm seriously questioning my ability to associate myself with that organization. This isn't a Vick thing where the guy is being punished. The drawn-out process of the rumored 4-6 week suspension is disgusting, has more than a hint of racism, and doesn't seem at all like it will result in a reasonable punishment for his crime.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:45 am
adic

I doubt Tebow goes in the first, but who knows, someone might take a chance on him... I'm with Redball on my opinion of him and the Big Ben situation...

And yeah, I liked the all weekend draft event better then splitting it up like they did. It may make for more deals though, we'll see..

The real question is what kind of shananigans will Al pull? I have know idea who we draft this year, hopefully a lineman at the 8 spot that's not a "project", or we just trade down and get some more picks...
Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:49 am
remind

C'mon, guys, it's baseball season. Baseball gets no love on this forum.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:41 am
NME

adic wrote:
I doubt Tebow goes in the first, but who knows, someone might take a chance on him... I'm with Redball on my opinion of him and the Big Ben situation...

And yeah, I liked the all weekend draft event better then splitting it up like they did. It may make for more deals though, we'll see..

The real question is what kind of shananigans will Al pull? I have know idea who we draft this year, hopefully a lineman at the 8 spot that's not a "project", or we just trade down and get some more picks...
I'm hopign Kiper is right and we take Clausen and lose Bumarcus. Not counting on it but one can dream...
Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:59 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Big Ben suspended for six games! A little on the low side, wouldn't you say.

I mean, if he were black (or if he'd raped a dog) it would have been a longer sentence.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:11 pm
Sarcastro

icarus502 wrote:

I mean, if he were black (or if he'd raped a dog) it would have been a longer sentence.

do you actually think it would be more if they were black and also a two time superbowl qb, and perennial probowler? I agree that the NFL is tougher on black players, but in this case I'm not so sure. Of course that'll change if they decide to knock it down to 4 just because he attends some classes.

rumor is the Steelers are looking at trading him if they can get a top 10 pick out of it.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:18 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Sarcastro wrote:
icarus502 wrote:

do you actually think it would be more if they were black and also a two time superbowl qb, and perennial probowler?

Of course I do.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:21 pm
NME

icarus502 wrote:
Sarcastro wrote:
icarus502 wrote:

do you actually think it would be more if they were black and also a two time superbowl qb, and perennial probowler?

Of course I do.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:24 pm
redball

remind wrote:
C'mon, guys, it's baseball season. Baseball gets no love on this forum.

There's a high percentage of members here who are far less interested when the Yankees win percentage is more than double that of the Red Sox. However, there's nothing stopping you from starting the thread or bumping one if it's already there.

Also, football is the better sport.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:34 pm
phataccino

NME wrote:
icarus502 wrote:
Sarcastro wrote:
icarus502 wrote:

Of course I do.

Definitely. Also, there's no way the Steelers deal him. Maybe if they can get a top 3 pick, but even then, I doubt it. Tebow will probably go late 2nd to early 3rd, he'll be a third stringer or backup for a few years before finally switching positions to H-back or something, retiring after an unimpressive six-year career, and becoming one of the most well known and obnoxious Congressmen in the nation.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:34 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

The best case scenario for Tebow, for the rest of us, is that he's picked WAY too high, becomes a starting QB, gets concussed, sinks the franchise, and goes down as an all-time goat of Leaf-ian proportions. In the meantime, he makes some sort of anti-gay remark or something and everybody turns on him. That would make me very happy.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:49 pm
Captiv8

Glad to see Roethlisberger suspended for six games, though I'm pissed that the Steelers picked up Leftwich over using Dixon? What the fuck? Give the young gun a little room to learn the system and make some plays. Apparently this is going to cost Roethlisberger about $2.8 million. Take that.

I'm really hoping the Lions take Suh. It would be the first intelligent draft choice they've made in some time, save Calvin Johnson.

For some reason I'm actually hoping that McNabb does well in Washington, despite that fact that I never liked him in Philly and I hate that there is a team called the Redskins.

Because I have residual love for the Seahawks I'm also hoping that Pete Carroll can get something done.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:58 pm
adic

Pretty sure Phat's scenerio on Tebow is more likely...

Also, on the Big Ben punishment... Personally I think 6 games is a light, especially if it gets cut down if he stays out of trouble again. It's obvious the guys an asshole at best, and probably guilty of repeated sex crimes...But.... technically he wasn't actually convicted of a crime, which is hard to factor in to the punishment debate...
Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:01 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51  Next