Search
Register
Brother Ali - "Us" and tour dates
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

ROTTY

mancabbage wrote:
or maybe a bit down toward the canal?

yeah the weather being good and all.
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:35 am
Asterax

Look out Europe, Brother Ali is coming for ya!

http://www.rhymesayers.com/tours/us_tour_europe
Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:48 pm
mancabbage

ROTTY wrote:
mancabbage wrote:
or maybe a bit down toward the canal?

yeah the weather being good and all.

haha reading this and then remembering the weather we had on that day :'(.... you cursed it man. soaked. I already got my ticket for london
Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:58 am
mattrego

Anybody going to the show tonite in Providence? I can't go. Gotta work. I know Storm and his crew are opening. Just curious to see how this goes.
Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:20 pm
Jesse

Saw Ali last weekend in Montreal and he slaughtered it. What a professional! One of only a few contemporary MCs who bring a tear to my eye and make me feel like rap is amazing no matter what.

So glad I took that train.
Post Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:42 pm
seandaley
passive aggressifist

Jesse wrote:
Saw Ali last weekend in Montreal and he slaughtered it. What a professional! One of only a few contemporary MCs who bring a tear to my eye and make me feel like rap is amazing no matter what.

right on.
i heard it was a great show.
did you catch fashawn as well?
Post Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:00 pm
Jesse

seandaley wrote:
Jesse wrote:

right on.
i heard it was a great show.
did you catch fashawn as well?
Yeah, it was my first time hearing his stuff at all. My boy Kils wanted to see him when we were down at SXSW, but I guess he was the only one of us with the scoop because the rest of us stuck with whatever it was we were already trying to catch that night (I had also wanted to check Freeway, but something else won out - I only saw him do his a capella at the Duck Down night). I thought very highly of a few tracks of his... I think the one I felt the most on a rap level was the one with Ali (which is from BK-One's record, right?), but the track about his friend's death was really compelling, too, even if I think I owe it a few more listens before I totally get it from all angles.

My homegirl K-L went and spoke to him for a minute by the merch table, taking a breather from the dude-circus in the front of the crowd during Ali's set, and he told her he was down to his last copy of "Boy Meets World." That was about twenty minutes before Ali started bigging him up from the stage, and encouraging everyone to cop it.

Is he on Rhymesayers? I thought he was, I guess because of his showcase placement @ SXSW and association with Ali on this tour, but I just now discovered his name isn't on the artist list at the website. I assumed "Boy Meets World" was a Rhymesayers release, I guess just because it's his newest shit? Or I'm just makin' mistakes.

Anyway yeah, he was great. The other openers... less so.
Post Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:03 pm
remind

I'm annoyed that I missed Ali at the Knitting Factory in Brooklyn. Didn't even know he was coming through. Anyone go?
Post Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:06 pm
seandaley
passive aggressifist

Jesse wrote:
Is he on Rhymesayers? I thought he was, I guess because of his showcase placement @ SXSW and association with Ali on this tour, but I just now discovered his name isn't on the artist list at the website. I assumed "Boy Meets World" was a Rhymesayers release, I guess just because it's his newest shit? Or I'm just makin' mistakes.

Anyway yeah, he was great. The other openers... less so.

i think he'd fit well, and i think he would enjoy working with our label, but he's not currently part of the roster. i think he has a really dope voice, and i'm a fan of his raps.

who were the other openers that were "less so?"
do you remember their names?
Post Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:21 pm
Jesse

seandaley wrote:
Yeah some rookie-seeming religious dude called Visionz or something, and another Canadian called Narcisyst who wasn't terrible by any means but rubbed me wrong somehow.
Post Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:38 pm
medicineman
HALFLING

So, I've been listening to US again. Are Ali and Freeway taking shots at Joell Ortiz on "best@it"? I didn't notice before that Freeway parrots Ortiz's signature "yaowa" or whatever-the-fuck in his verse in a derisive line. Taking that into consideration it seems to add some subtext to lines like Ali saying "I don't compare myself to dead rappers" (Ortiz DOES mention Pun near-incessantly) and a few other lines in there. Was lost on me before but seems to be in there. Anyone have any sauce on that? Just curious.
Post Mon May 10, 2010 4:11 pm
firefly

Jesse wrote:
seandaley wrote:
Yeah some rookie-seeming religious dude called Visionz or something, and another Canadian called Narcisyst who wasn't terrible by any means but rubbed me wrong somehow.

The Narcicyst's latest album is real nice I thought. Haven't seen him live though yet somehow. I'm sure you can imagine how disappointed I am that I missed that show (I had booked a flight to Mexico that week). And Premiere was playing the night before. Bad time to go away on vacation.
Post Mon May 10, 2010 4:51 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6