Search
Register
PFA Summer Tour: LAST SHOW IN PROV TONIGHT!!! 8/20
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Jared Paul

PFA Summer Tour: LAST SHOW IN PROV TONIGHT!!! 8/20  Reply with quote  

PRAYERS FOR ATHEISTS SUMMER TOUR

6/24 - thu Brooklyn @ Bushwick Studios w/ Metermaids & People With Teeth
6/25 - fri Philadelphia @ CANCELED
6/26 - sat Pittsburgh @ The Fallout Shelter w/ The Fuzz & Grab Your Gun Metal
6/28 - mon Toledo @ Black Cherry Info Shop w/ Am Rev (Early Show!! 7p/$5)
6/29 - tue Detroit @ CANCELED
6/30 -wed Columbus @ Thunder-Pussy Record Shop w/ Matter Of Planets (Early Show!! 6p/$5)
7/1 - thu Bloomington@ Rachael's Cafe w/ TBA
7/2 - fri St. Louis @ 10 Mile House w/ Phamily Business & Agents of Change
7/3 - sat Chicago @ Locked Out Collective with Agents of Change
7/5 - mon Iowa City @ Public Space 1 with Rolling Blackout
7/6 - tue Minneapolis @ 7th Street w/ Marijuana Death Squads
7/7 - wed Omaha @ The Hole w/ Idle Minds and Youth & Tear Gas
7/8 - thu Colorado Springs @ Black Sheep w/ TBA (Early Show: 7:30pm/$5)
7/9 - fri Denver @ Summit Music Hall w/ The Pirate Signal
7/10 - sat Salt Lake City @ Utah Arts Alliance w/ Babble Rabbit
7/11 - sun Salt Lake City @ the Green House Effect - (Jared Paul Poetry Set!)
7/13 - tue Boise @ VISUAL ARTS COLLECTIVE
7/14 - wed Spokane @ The Empyrean
7/16 - fri Bainbridge Island @ TBA
7/17 - sat Portland @ Union Hall w/ The Eiger Sanction & Start Fires
7/18 - sun Tacoma @ The New Frontier w/ Revengers
7/20 - tue Corvallis @ TBA w/ Target For Tomorrow & The Horns of Destruction
7/21 - wed Sacramento @ Off Broadway with Aquifer & more! - Doors 7pm
7/22 - thu South Lake Tahoe @ Whiskey Dicks w/ Aquifer & Fair Weather Sky
7/23 - fri Reno @ Studio On 4th w/ Aquifer & Fair Weather Sky
7/24 - Sat Ione @ Clark's Corner w/ Aquifer
7/25 - Sun Stockton @ Plea For Peace Center w/ Final Summation & more
7/27 - Tue San Francisco @ Thee Parkside w/ Ordstro & Aquifer
7/28 - wed Santa Cruz @ TBA
7/29: - Thu Cuppertino @ Britannia Arms with Anonymity, Aquifer, & more
7/30 - fri Los Angeles @ {Open} with Aquifer
7/31 - sat Orange County @ TBA
8/1 - sun San Diego @ Kava Lounge w/ Aquifer, In Transit Audio, & more
8/3 - tue Phoenix @ The Firehouse
8/4 - wed Tucson @ Dry River Collective
8/5 - thu El Paso@The Gym(HouseShow:11968 Manuel Acosta Drive) 8p/$5
8/6 - fri Austin @ Red 7 w/Blacklisted Individuals - 9p/$7
8/7 - sat San Marcus @ DBlazio's - 8p
8/8 - sun New Orleans @ Dragon's Den w/FSUP & Mars - 10p/$5
8/10 - tue Orlando @ Will's Pub - 8p/$10
8/11 - wed Jacksonville @ (House Show! Secret location: shhhhh!)
8/12 - thu Asheville @ Kava Bar - 8p/$5
8/13 - fri Charlotte @ The Milestone Club w/ Thought Criminals - 8/$7
8/14 - sat Baltimore @ The Bell Foundry - 9p/$5
8/15 - sun Brooklyn @ The Party Xpo w/ People With Teeth - 9p/$5
8/20 - fri PROVIDENCE - HOME COMING/VAN REPAIR FUNDRAISER SHOW!!
@ Firehouse 13 - 9p/$7/ with Special guests TBA!!

*Full info at: www.Myspace.com/PrayersForAtheists

*Table space open to all community action groups; Knowmore.org volunteers welcome to come and table/distribute info!

*We're perpetually down to discuss possible openers and always need help spreading the word for shows. Email: Jaredpaul1@gmail.com for questions, band suggestions, or ideas for venues/promotional channels in respective cities.

Thanks!

Last edited by Jared Paul on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:22 am; edited 26 times in total
Post Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:22 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
poopsnack

I believe cafe bouron st. on summit in Columbus, OH would be appropriate. I don't set show up there or anything but they are friendly to good underground acts.
http://www.myspace.com/cafebourbonstreet
Safe travels!
Post Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:32 pm
Jared Paul

Thanks man! we got some good help there. mad bike kids in Columbus. if shit doesn't lock down soon though I'll def hit this place up.

What's good in Cincy? are there punk shows there?
Post Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:40 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
poopsnack

Honestly, I don't know much about the Cincy scene. They should have something suitable, but I'm not the right person to ask. Cincy is a good 1 1/2 hours + from Columbus and I don't go to shows very often over there much. Good luck!
Post Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:56 pm
iammessage

cafe bourbon street would be perfect...id be there.
Post Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:35 pm
Jared Paul

18+ too.

nice.

do you know if they charge under 21 more?

i'm definitely gonna hit them up!

what's the stage like?
Post Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:12 am
Alan Hague

poopsnack wrote:
I believe cafe bouron st. on summit in Columbus, OH would be appropriate. I don't set show up there or anything but they are friendly to good underground acts.
http://www.myspace.com/cafebourbonstreet
Safe travels!

Spot looks awesome; thanks for the heads-up!
Post Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:49 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

Been to Cafe Bourbon Street a couple times.

Stage is about 6-12" inches, room holds 75 at max. Looks like a typical dive bar.

They sold vegan tacos there at one point, not sure if they still do.

18+ is better than 21+, but what about the kids?

edit: Looks like they may have remodeled since the last time I was there.
Post Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:57 am
selfworth

for dc/balt. i would say check out dc9, rock n roll hotel, black cat backstage, ottobar, 8x10 club, talking head (sonar's smaller room), or the sidebar
Post Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:32 am
Jared Paul

Thanks Self!

Mean, like 65 of our 70+ shows have been all ages. We'd prefer to never play a show that wasn't all ages. We're working on Monster House or Skylab in Columbus... if they don't work out though, we gotta have something lined up.

Any ideas?
Post Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:41 pm
medicineman
HALFLING

I don't know how interested you are in playing Iowa City, but if you think about it I would recommend the Blue Moose Tap House...they seem to be the new spot right now, also they can and seem to be willing to slate two shows any given night between the upstairs/downstairs - upstairs is a pretty average smallish bar stage, the downstairs is like a huge open room with a much bigger stage...also, Gabe's is Gabe's again. I don't know if that means anything to you but if you had worked the Midwest circuit in years past it would...it's grimy as hell but live shows there can be way fun.
I've never helped a traveling act make their arrangements before, but I would be down to do what I can to promote or whatever's necessary, and definitely to open (Also I think my band would make a lot of sense with you guys musically and kind of be your crowd). Most of the SFR 'undercard' if you will has yet to blow here but I think we could get a nice mix between the indy heads and gutter punks and college kids. Bottom line I guess is we'd be excited to have you come through, but I'd want to it to be worth you time...I know coming here sometimes isn't...I feel like I can see Sage sneering right now...
Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:07 am
Jared Paul

medicineman wrote:
I don't know how interested you are in playing Iowa City, but if you think about it I would recommend the Blue Moose Tap House...they seem to be the new spot right now, also they can and seem to be willing to slate two shows any given night between the upstairs/downstairs - upstairs is a pretty average smallish bar stage, the downstairs is like a huge open room with a much bigger stage...also, Gabe's is Gabe's again. I don't know if that means anything to you but if you had worked the Midwest circuit in years past it would...it's grimy as hell but live shows there can be way fun.
I've never helped a traveling act make their arrangements before, but I would be down to do what I can to promote or whatever's necessary, and definitely to open (Also I think my band would make a lot of sense with you guys musically and kind of be your crowd). Most of the SFR 'undercard' if you will has yet to blow here but I think we could get a nice mix between the indy heads and gutter punks and college kids. Bottom line I guess is we'd be excited to have you come through, but I'd want to it to be worth you time...I know coming here sometimes isn't...I feel like I can see Sage sneering right now...

Yeah man, we could definitely fuck with Iowa City. And we're ALLL ABOUT collaborating with Forum musicians. We're playing with Khill & Thought Criminals in Charlotte!! Also, PFA can rock Hip Hop shows if necessary, but we mostly play punk, rock, indy, hardcore, and mixed genre events. So kicking it with bands is actually better for us.

We were gonna go from Chi to Milwaukee to Minneap... but I just checked the map and Iowa City to Minneap is actually shorter than MIL to MIN. All told it's about the same time/distance for either routing in total.

The date we need is: Monday, July 5th.

Do you have contacts for Blue Moose or Gabes?

I can definitely myspace them now...

Also, any ideas on Lincoln, NE?
Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:32 pm
Bob_ptmfus

For St. Louis, I would try to hook up with a band playing at www.firebirdstl.com www.fubarstl.com or http://www.myspace.com/foxholestl Those are places that usually book punk shows. I'm pretty sure Grand Buffet has had a good relationship with the Firebird, so you might want to talk to them.
Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:48 pm
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

selfworth wrote:
for dc/balt. i would say check out dc9, rock n roll hotel, black cat backstage, ottobar, 8x10 club, talking head (sonar's smaller room), or the sidebar

dc:
i've heard bad things about booking at dc9 and the hotel - i think asylum or the velvet lounge might be more your style. ardamus could speak with more authority on this issue. wonderland ballroom and the red and the black are also cool spots.

bmore:
the sidebar is awesome.
Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:36 pm
Jared Paul

Thanks Bob! That's real helpful. St. Louis, Philly, Atlanta, and San Diego are the big 4 U.S. cities that I want to build in and get to know better-but haven't really been able to manage yet. Philly's all set for this round but we're strugglin' with STL. I'll get at these places ASAP.

Appreciate it Crash. Definitely locking in almost whatever we can get our hands on, but it's a good to have a heads up on which spots are more willing to kickass for DIY collaborations than others. I'm working without a light here in a lot of regards.

Prayers For Atheists has gotten almost no mention at all at the:
"the REST of the SFR Roster" thread
http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48964

*I don't know whether to be honored or feel lame that folks might not be that into the songs but are still willing to help a brotha out with the hell of DIY tour booking!

It's all good. I got a good feelin' bout 2010. And an even better one bout 2011...

Wrong Horse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vRu54m7K9A
Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:02 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next