Register
The REST of the SFR Roster discussion
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

adic wrote:
</object>

I absolutely love this song. A whole lot.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:36 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Shinigami wrote:
lol, that's a pretty big and hairy basketball team. might need Trav on the team just to get some dunks in.

Well I forgot about Jared Paul. Who is the classic "energy guy." Here's what he's not. He's no technician. He's no superstar. His fundamentals, as they are, are questionable. He didn't go to Duke. He's a foreigner. Maybe he didn't go anywhere. Or if he did, they didn't teach him what he does. Some might dislike his technique but you can't knock the guy's heart. He's willing to step in front of a bulldozer, set his feet, and take the charge. Charge! Half a league onward! See: Anderson Varejao
Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:27 pm
mattrego

Oh shit, Verajo is good for Jared. I was thinking more in line with the Birdman. Without the Meth problem, of course.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:34 pm
PoetryBox

ugly truth is probably one of my fav album production wise...I go back to listening to the album every now and then and im always blown away from the production from every song on it...i specially love the track born alone...prolyphic is awesome as he is on the album but reanimator just cements it as a classic

ive been also been listening to bucks radio show for a bit now, since my car doesnt have a cd player anymore so im stuck with the radio..its shitt, the show is pretty good...ive been turned on to some good music from listening to show..good stuff
Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:51 pm
smake

Two Track Mind is amazing, love the lyrics and the acoustic guitar beat. "I'm halfway through Afro Blue, and i'm halfway home knowing I can't have you". Great storytelling.

Other favorites are Survived Another Winter, On The Side, Artist Goes Pop and The Way That I See It, but basically the entire record is great from track one to fifteen and that is an amazing accomplishment.
Post Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:45 am
Travadone

only sage matters.
Post Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:28 pm
MYOWNCLICHE

adic wrote:
</object>

This song makes my heart sad.
Post Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:29 pm
iammessage

Sage Francis wrote:

Oh, and I'm not sure if anyone noticed this on the homepage, but we just unearthed 14 copies of Prolyphic's "Times Table Scraps" CD which was limited to 1000 copies. After those sell out its gone forever. That was a tour CD that was put together when he hit the road with Solilla a couple years back.

i wondered about that...i bought it on the Quit your dead end job tour...GREAT ALBUM if anyone is considering it, i recommend it.
Post Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:46 pm
prolyphic81

If I had to choose, I would have to say that my music persona would probably be comparable to Jeff Hornacek.

I am engaged to a great woman.

I do great things all the time outside of SFF and my music.

SFR is NOT Duke University and I'm not JJ Reddick or any other former player from Duke. Not to say that SFR hasn't been good to me because it has. My desire to push rap/hip-hop music as a career has never been first priority in my life. I also have a life outside of music that you never see or hear about.

I am working on music with Buddy Peace, we have a lot of songs. They're fucking awesome and he's awesome.

I am working on a short film that will be released in June. It's funny.

My dad's business was almost destroyed by the flooding in RI. He has received no help from the government, so a lot of my time and energy has been with him trying to fix the mess him and my mom are in. I am putting out a video of the damage tomorrow if anyone is interested. Please spread the word if you can about it.

Jeff Hornacek
Post Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:40 pm
TheDude

I Didn't Mean To Touch Your Hand by 2Mex
is my muthafuckin anthem

2MEX is way slept on
and has put in so much work
over the years, it's ridiculous
Post Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:52 pm
Jared Paul

icarus502 wrote:
Shinigami wrote:
lol, that's a pretty big and hairy basketball team. might need Trav on the team just to get some dunks in.

Well I forgot about Jared Paul. Who is the classic "energy guy." Here's what he's not. He's no technician. He's no superstar. His fundamentals, as they are, are questionable. He didn't go to Duke. He's a foreigner. Maybe he didn't go anywhere. Or if he did, they didn't teach him what he does. Some might dislike his technique but you can't knock the guy's heart. He's willing to step in front of a bulldozer, set his feet, and take the charge. Charge! Half a league onward! See: Anderson Varejao

hahahhahahahahaha

This is awesome.

And I see it.

Except, I play a different game, in a different league, and my writing would smash a Duke grad's into dust.

PFA is the new Voltron cyborg:

Wrong Horse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vRu54m7K9A&feature=related

Patriarchy Presents
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDPg7xiNVcU&feature=related

I got Alan Hague at Quarterback and Mr. Francis in the front office. We're headed for the End Zone, homehhh. WATCH ME.
Post Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:38 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
smake

prolyphic81 wrote:

I am working on music with Buddy Peace, we have a lot of songs. They're fucking awesome and he's awesome.

That sounds awesome, are there plans for a full record? Flu Shot and NY Jets sounded great (those were produced by Buddy if I remember correctly).

prolyphic81 wrote:

My dad's business was almost destroyed by the flooding in RI. He has received no help from the government, so a lot of my time and energy has been with him trying to fix the mess him and my mom are in. I am putting out a video of the damage tomorrow if anyone is interested. Please spread the word if you can about it.

Good luck, sounds like a horrible situation, hope everything will be ok in the end.
Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:53 am
xxdr. mad69xx

prolyphic81 wrote:
If I had to choose, I would have to say that my music persona would probably be comparable to Jeff Hornacek.

I am engaged to a great woman.

I do great things all the time outside of SFF and my music.

SFR is NOT Duke University and I'm not JJ Reddick or any other former player from Duke. Not to say that SFR hasn't been good to me because it has. My desire to push rap/hip-hop music as a career has never been first priority in my life. I also have a life outside of music that you never see or hear about.

I am working on a short film that will be released in June. It's funny.

Jeff Hornacek

Jeff Hornacek is my man!
Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:04 am
bbreakz

Hornacek for THREEEEE!!

The Ugly Truth is one of my favorite albums of any kind of music that last few years. The production is so good. It is truly one of those albums where I think of the MC and the Producer as two separate entities coming together. Reanimator's production is unique in general and it shines here. Prolyphic is so full of angst. Box Within A Box is probably my fave but I love every song.

Sorry Alias, but Reanimators Version of 50 Ways is over taking yours lately, not to slight the original in any way, but I just love that hook in the background.

I have a lot of electronic music leanings so Dan Le Sac Vs Scroob is right up my alley. I love Angles, As I love Bike For Three. I pumped that album all last summer.

I think people who sleep on Cecil Otter are out of their minds. I love Doomtree and for the longest time he was my least fav MC in there, then I saw them live and Cecil's delivery is so laid back yet infectious it won me over. Rebel Yellow is genius to me, especially Down Beast. Score extra points for producing the album when you have top notch producers already in your crew.

Listen closely to Sleep's albums and they will grow on you. Kind of like Curtis Plum.

I have seen 2Mex Live and he was awesome. I haven't gotten into many of his releases but I haven't really purchased any either. My bad.
Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:11 am
sonsofe.d.

I love the amount of attention Reanimator is getting on this thread, he is amazing!

Haven't seen much posted about Buddy Peace, but that man is really good. I love listening to his stuff while doing the commute to and from work, it makes public transit far more bearible.

Angels is an amazing album and looking to find a way to get a copy of their new album
Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:40 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next