Search
Register
An email exchange inspired by Next Testament. 5/7/03
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Nope

MessiahCarey wrote:

The bible doesn't use the proper inferences for me to think the God that's in it is real.

did anybody actually try to say that the bible proves god's existence? cause that would be silly

a book inspired by god proves god's existence?? one of the great argumentative loops I was talking about
Post Sat May 10, 2003 7:33 am
Lazy Eyed Pea

joking wrote:
there is a wonderful story by arthur c. clarke. The Star i think.
a jesuit preist is on a space ship headed into deep space to investigate an ancient supernova upon arriving they discover the solar system wiped clean save the farthest moon. on the moon they find a vault. in the vault they find the recorded history of a stunningly human like race. They are entertained and saddened by home movies of families enjoying themselves
on pink sandy beaches under green skies, blue skinned children play and laugh just like us. Before they return to earth the jesuit preist calculates the position of the system in relation to the earths position and discovers the
the placement of the supernova in relation to earths history. The Star that went supernova and destroyed an entire civilization of different colored humans just like us is known by us as the Star of Bethlehem.
I think Arthur C.Clarke is a saint.
part of me hopes this story is true.

I'm glad someone opted not to kill the innocent Christian who's following his beliefs no less ignorantly than everyone else here. This above is some nasty shit, now why would someone refrain with a name like 'joking'?
Post Sat May 10, 2003 8:26 am
MC-3p0

yo  Reply with quote  

stop the arguing and live by this credo: live and let live.
Post Sat May 10, 2003 10:24 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daniel Carver

Post Sat May 10, 2003 3:56 pm
Nortled

SneebDotCom wrote:
Shane... don't even attempt to use logic or reasoning around here, it will just drive you insane,

Hey dallasbboy... i just took this huge shit in my toilet. It is a spiritual message from God... this is fact, as I feel it in my heart. You can fact check if you want, I didnt flush yet.

top 5 post.
Post Sat May 10, 2003 11:40 pm
duke_city

MessiahCarey wrote:
Brian - while it may be "fact" TO YOU, it is not as such FACT. A fact is a fact regardless of who believes it.

The qualifying factor of any fact is that it can be proven (of course, these are admittedly within human constructs. Once the big bearded white guy in the sky gets a hold of things, I'm told, reason no longer applies).

- Shane

Lets bust on out the dictionary on this:

7 entries found for fact.
1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy.

a.Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed:
b. A real occurrence; an event: had to prove the facts of the case.
c.Something believed to be true or real

3. A thing that has been done, especially a crime
4.Law. The aspect of a case at law comprising events determined by evidence: The jury made a finding of fact.

I'm using definiton 2c here. Wheather or not anyone else on here considers it fact does not refute its status as fact to me. God has revealed himself to me therefore I have more information than I have as of yet disclosed to you.

The reinforcment of ANY "fact" REQUIRES relative observation and perspective, in the is particular case nobody has it in this thread except me. My faith has become knowledge, not many of you seem to grasp this.

Brian
Post Sun May 11, 2003 12:38 am
Krang
THE ORC BREATH

Just going off on a tangent... it's funny how when i put forward my beliefs to people, that our collective conciousness projects this reality, and we all make up "god" which is everything in existence in our reality, i get laughed at or people think im insane.

Yet the belief that a guy in human form in a kingdom creating the universe with his own two hands like magic is accepted.
Post Sun May 11, 2003 2:21 am
sequence

Don't worry Krang, I think your both insane!
Post Sun May 11, 2003 10:26 am
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

sneeb plug =)  Reply with quote  

Post Sun May 11, 2003 11:45 pm
MessiahCarey

dallasbboy wrote:
MessiahCarey wrote:
Brian - while it may be "fact" TO YOU, it is not as such FACT. A fact is a fact regardless of who believes it.

The qualifying factor of any fact is that it can be proven (of course, these are admittedly within human constructs. Once the big bearded white guy in the sky gets a hold of things, I'm told, reason no longer applies).

- Shane

Lets bust on out the dictionary on this:

7 entries found for fact.
1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy.

a.Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed:
b. A real occurrence; an event: had to prove the facts of the case.
c.Something believed to be true or real

3. A thing that has been done, especially a crime
4.Law. The aspect of a case at law comprising events determined by evidence: The jury made a finding of fact.

I'm using definiton 2c here. Wheather or not anyone else on here considers it fact does not refute its status as fact to me. God has revealed himself to me therefore I have more information than I have as of yet disclosed to you.

The reinforcment of ANY "fact" REQUIRES relative observation and perspective, in the is particular case nobody has it in this thread except me. My faith has become knowledge, not many of you seem to grasp this.

Brian

Your faith has become knowledge? Indeed...I do not grasp this.

Please explain that, if you wouldn't mind. I'm listening.

- Shane
Post Mon May 12, 2003 8:23 am
Lazy Eyed Pea

His faith has become his knowledge, this is respectful.

Your knowledge comes from what? Other people's faiths and knowledges published in books and/or discussed openly and/or accepted by the masses/popular/cool people? Unless your faith is your knowledge, your knowledge isn't yours.
Post Mon May 12, 2003 8:41 am
MessiahCarey

Lazy Eyed Pea wrote:

Your knowledge comes from what? Other people's faiths and knowledges published in books and/or discussed openly and/or accepted by the masses/popular/cool people? Unless your faith is your knowledge, your knowledge isn't yours.

Ummm. Okay.
Post Mon May 12, 2003 9:13 am
Nope

Lazy Eyed Pea wrote:

ever heard of thinking for youself? using your own mind?
Post Mon May 12, 2003 9:15 am
MessiahCarey

This thread is just like the hallucinigenics thread in ways. Heh.
Post Mon May 12, 2003 9:27 am
nonesuchone

I could be wrong.  Reply with quote  

Take a step back, and realize that all of this has no significance what so ever.

Stop taking this shit so seriously, and live your life. Arguing over an imaginary friend's existence is a waste of time. Look around you, look at yourself; there is enough REAL shit going on so that you don't have to have masturbatory internet arguments over deities.

Whether you're right or wrong about god is irrelevant, because if she does exist; do you honestly think she gives a shit about what you think? Last time I checked, god's love was supposed to be infinite; not withstanding what you hold to be true.

Or does your mamma stop loving you because you haven't called?
Post Mon May 12, 2003 1:05 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next