Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Jesse Custer

Mikal kHill wrote:
MW2 is the most broken game I've ever owned. The glitches on the multiplayer have pretty much rendered it unplayable.

-kHIll

Those sound like the words of someone who sucks at the game.
Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:47 am
Sarcastro

leg.donor wrote:
ive been too busy playing mag and heavy rain.

but none of you would know what im talking about, because xbox has shitty games.

Heavy Rain is out?

ya give us a review, is it worth it?
Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:21 am
NME

futuristxen wrote:
Is Heavy Rain any good?
word. probably the next game i'll buy, just wondering if it's as dope as it looks.

got MAG last night for $20 off a homie that bought it not knowing it's online only heh.
Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:00 am
Travadone

Jesse Custer wrote:
Mikal kHill wrote:
MW2 is the most broken game I've ever owned. The glitches on the multiplayer have pretty much rendered it unplayable.

-kHIll

Those sound like the words of someone who sucks at the game.
co-sign!
Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:06 am
mancabbage

has anyone played through this heavy rain yet, i dont have a console but goddam that looks tempting
Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:15 am
Mikal kHill

I'm good at the first MW, and I'm good at World atWar, but I guess my skills in MW2 are lacking, no shame in my game. It's hard to get better when everyone else in every game just shotgun and care package glitches the whole time.

-kHill
Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:57 am
albeeyap2

mancabbage wrote:
has anyone played through this heavy rain yet, i dont have a console but goddam that looks tempting

There's a demo available for download for ps3. Played it yesterday night and the introduction to the game grabs you quickly into the story. Some scenes in the game are great but overall it's a bit too slow for me. I wish they had a running feature because I have no patience in "walking" throughout the whole game.

Can't wait to play Dante's Inferno, Final Fantasy 13, and God of War 3!!! I'm going isolate myself after work and let these games consume me. I'm not going to leave my room for a couple of weeks esp when I get FFXIII.
Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:14 am
SlickWillyP
HILL GIANT

Mikal kHill wrote:
I'm good at the first MW, and I'm good at World atWar, but I guess my skills in MW2 are lacking, no shame in my game. It's hard to get better when everyone else in every game just shotgun and care package glitches the whole time.

-kHill

they probably aren't glitching. they are likely just changing their killstreak around so they get care packages earlier than the default setting.
Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:59 am
Mikal kHill

No... They're glitching. You just go on a ladder, call in a care package and it doesn't take it away from you, you can just keep doing it over and over unless you get off the ladder.

-kHill
Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:53 pm
Mikal kHill

Looks like the patch released today for MW2 addresses the game ruining glitches I mentioned...

* Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
* Fix for "infinite care package" exploit.
* Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
* Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
* Fixes to prevent various XP hacks (including the prevention of negative XP)

-kHill
Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:41 am
Disharmony

My roomie got Assassins Creed 2 in the mail yesterday from gamefly. Does the game pick up the farther you go along? Because the first two hours are pretty bland. The city is gorgeous though.
Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:42 am
_illness

Disharmony wrote:
My roomie got Assassins Creed 2 in the mail yesterday from gamefly. Does the game pick up the farther you go along? Because the first two hours are pretty bland. The city is gorgeous though.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it picks up. I haven't played it, but I've heard that exactly.

I played the Heavy Rain demo last night and I have to say it was very intriguing. That adds yet another game I want to get. Shit, this is getting out of control.
Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:44 pm
Sarcastro

AC2 def. picks up

doesn't get much harder, but it picks up. And the Davinci code style side quest is really intriguing.

also, played Heavy Rain demo last night............absolutely floored. I have to get this game.
Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:12 am
Disharmony

AC 2 is decent. I like shoving my blades into the faces of the bards who wanna sing dumb shit to me while I'm in the middle of a quest. Gives me a good laugh every time. I got a double kill once on two of them and cried a little.

The game is easy though. Medicine is in abundance, so it is pretty impossible to die so far. Only times I have died is from jumping from high points. I'm glad they broke up the repetitive nature that the first one had. Overall I'm happy so far. Not exactly what I'd hoped for though.
Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:54 am
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

Having read through your post twice, Mark, I think you're spot-on, both in the sense that 1) breaking that final wall--either accidentally (Elder Scrolls goblins displaying strange quantum behavior, for example) or in an intentional manner which I nevertheless find utterly ridiculous (Bioshock's plot twist)--can potentially make a game an unjustifiable, unenjoyable time sink, and 2) that Bioshock's world was just not for me.

Your Dead Space example hit home particularly well for the latter, because well-done space horror has, I feel, some of the most powerful, effective, and enticing power of any genre environment, and I think that game accomplished its intended effect better than any other attempt within the genre so far. So your dislike of the setting and character are strange to think about, but it's fair that other people see my distaste for the Bioshock motif in the same way, regardless of my inclination to see it as a matter of disjunctive storytelling (in which a city striving for realism was created under the ocean in the first half of the 20th century, etc, etc), itself a common irritant of mine.
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:13 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 352, 353, 354  Next