Search
Register
Lupe Fiasco is an idiot.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

seandaley
passive aggressifist

it's wild to me that people are hating on him for voicing his opinion on his own interests.

it's not the end of the world, no, but let the guy kneejerk, his feeling are hurt.

you guys would change your tune if this was an artist that you revered.

ever have a sibling ruin the surprise, by telling mom what you bought her for her birthday?
that's what he should have used as a metaphor for this.
Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:37 am
desert penguin

i can't hate on him for it.

no one wants the shit they sell to be given away for free.

the words he has chosen to express his disdain do seem like a bit of an overreaction, though.
Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:20 am
Ardamus315

desert penguin wrote:
i can't hate on him for it.

no one wants the shit they sell to be given away for free.

the words he has chosen to express his disdain do seem like a bit of an overreaction, though.

people are fuming more so about that comparison he made to downloading piracy and kidnapping.

my overall feeling is that he should look at where he recorded the track and who got a hold of the track either within his circle or a promo that was sent out to bloggers and etc.
Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:28 am
sparrow

ive always been curious why pop stars and pro sports players get paid so much money and factory workers can barely hang on to their jobs and put food on the table. gosh i feel so bad for this guy he probably cant buy his 5th jaguar now. poor fella.
Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:40 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

sparrow wrote:
ive always been curious why pop stars and pro sports players get paid so much money and factory workers can barely hang on to their jobs and put food on the table. gosh i feel so bad for this guy he probably cant buy his 5th jaguar now. poor fella.

Jesus Christ!

Give it a rest, man. Don't you realize what you're doing?
Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:45 am
Sarcastro

sparrow wrote:

hahahahaha pump your breaks Karl Marx

We're all just here to have some fun

and a Jay-Z song was on
and a Jay-Z song was on
and a Jay-Z song was on
Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:52 am
sparrow

hey hey hey cmon, i like lil wayne, does that count for anything?

but yea i agree that downloading isnt helping music, its a damn shame. i was just trying to be funny. sorry ic, i know im a fool. sorry guys.
Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:59 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

you're trivializing the skill it takes to be an athlete or recording artist..

Ocho Cinco could probably easily polish nuts and bolts in a tool and die factory and do a great job at it.... but Joe Sixpack couldn't go up against Ed Reed or Troy Polamatu and hold onto a under-thrown pass while getting laid out..

c'mon dude..

do you only read books written by yourself, only watch movies that only you star in, only cheer for yourself when you play a sport against yourself and only listen to music you've recorded?

you're no fucking king and people aren't here to entertain you for free.... (unless they're attention whores. which is why it is always OK to download Kanye's music for free.)

i like lil wayne, too.
Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:31 pm
sparrow

sarcasto, marx has some useful ideas but he is majorly flawed in that he constantly advocates for the state system and me no be down with that. fuck marx and the commies (but he can be cool at times). plus he was funded by capitalists and that is relevant. boom chika chik

entertainment doesnt serve any utilitarian purpose p00ny tanger.

i kill kings in my imagination every 10 seconds. im having trouble with all of this, i will try to shed a tear for the upper class tonight before bed. just know that i dont know. and that maybe the way for now. im just trying to feed my kids. im going to read up on how to cheerlead for domination. i want to snuggle.

i still truly agree that i am a fool. whatever my thoughts are they are for sure wrong because they were given to me by it.

the zombie militia will continue to be televised. im just standing by the door with a kick me sign and your mad like a truck. what up ic, just say what you mean, pal. dont hold back, let it reign.

hey lupe fiasco.. boo fucking hoo. guess what??? everything is going to shit, welcome to the club asshole. what the fuck you think WE dealing with, chump.
Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:15 pm
jehu

ecapataz wrote:
Mikal kHill wrote:
DLing -kHill's music is like scooping shit out of his toilet is more like it.

-kHill

WTF?!?
Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:42 pm
marshall84

Sarcastro wrote:
sparrow wrote:

hahahahaha pump your breaks Karl Marx

We're all just here to have some fun

and a Jay-Z song was on
and a Jay-Z song was on
and a Jay-Z song was on

Yes! I love that that Miley Cyrus song namedrops Jay-Z. I love that the song is called fucking "Party In The U.S.A." Party in the USA, indeed.
Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:11 pm
bakemosphere

Lupe's prob in my top 5 fav artists right now, so no I don't think my opinions gonna change if it was an artist I "revered." My opinion isn't going to change because by him writing that blog post he opened up a can of worms.

Trying to suppress information/content on the internet only leads to people wanting to spread/share it more, especially people who are sticklers about the openness of the internet. They probably don't even like Lupe, but they would upload it to 10 different music sharing sites just because he told them not to.

Then again, like en someone else in this thread said, he might be doing it on purpose to hype his new album up even further.

Just look at what they did to Scientology.
Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:17 am
Jesse

I love the mixtape Lupe dropped in November, but I'm weirdly not psyched for whatever his new record is. Haven't found him to be a super-slamming album artist.

It is dismaying when you have a plan and it gets switched out from under you. It may not be as dismaying as a kidnapping, but uh who cares?
Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:03 am
AdamBomb

He's an idiot but not for trying to combat bootlegging. Imagine how much cheese was dropped to have Neptunes produce a track for him, followed by recording/mixing/mastering just to have it pissed away as a download. At this point the damage has been done so he might as well try to ride off of it but I could see how he would be mad.

I just think he is an idiot based off the music alone. I've almost come to the conclusion that when you try to make "conscious" music you are rolling the dice. If you make dumb, entertaining music that cool, because you aren't trying to sugarcoat it and you reach what your audience wants. If you try to be the "consious" artist, but you lyrics are corny as hell you can take your self-righteous BS and kick push it on down the road. He's had a few moments, but in general it has bene straight garbage. Pupe
Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:59 am
mzehe916

I've given birth to a song before. It hurt like a bitch. Then when it was a teenager I often prayed that it would get kidnapped. I never was a good father to my song.
Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:19 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next