Search
Register
New Non-Prophecy part 2
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

JOEYBEATS

New Non-Prophecy part 2  Reply with quote  

Ghetto Celeb Samba

By popular demand the non-prophecy is back. FYI: I'm not gassed; I understand this is not in accordance with a new wave of demand to hear from the one and only guy behind the guy. Our message board has suffered of recent and I'll do my best to spark some conversation with the latest installment. There are a lot of little things I feel the need to address that all fall into the facets of one main category: Ghetto Celebrity. In other words, the world through the eyes of Joe Beats since my last addition to the archive.

Part 2

Anytime I hear a song title, line, or verse with the word "hate" in it, I pretty much know what the material will be like before listening. Most times, the word is a manifestation of that particular artist's guilty conscious. They've conformed to a trend and know they'll hear a ton of shit about it. At this point they fire first and set up the indefenseable wall of "if you don't like this, you're a hater." Or normally I would think of the term as those that doubt a given contributor out of pure jealousy. Meaning, they feel as if they could do a better job had they the same stage. Hence the word "jealousy" of the other's opportunity to spread whatever it is they do. Of recent though I've experienced a new form of hate; still in the Puff Daddy sense. This kind falls somewhere in between the "build you up to break you down" option and "I know those guys" aspect. It's best to follow up with some examples.
This all started after the Lupo's show in Providence. That night I got a chance to see a slew of people I hadn't seen for a long time. Normally the conversation would end with me having to find a pen and piece of paper to write my email down. Either that or I would do as I normally do and have an honest conversation with them, no matter how much of an asshole I look or feel like afterward. Sometimes I drift. Sometimes I'll give a harsh opinion on the latest kid you're working with. Sometimes I'll use what you should know against you and be the hero. Sometimes I'll use what you should already know against you and be the bad guy. Sometimes I'm quiet. Sometimes I'll obviously tell you what you want to hear to just to get the hell away. Sometimes I'll slip in really personal stuff about myself to justify my future or past actions. Sometimes I'll play dumb. Scratch that. Most times, I play dumb. For the most part though, my point is to prove I'm pretty open. I want to show people I'm happier, not cockier. That said, I've attempted to extend myself further to those who have showed support. Maybe be the first to say hello or initiate a conversation. What I do get in return?
-"ahhh, that was just Joe Beats on the other line, I let him go." (nice try)
-"ahhh, yeah I saw him the other night and didn't show him any love." (bitch ass)
-"ahhh, he's bipolar." (wooooooo, does that mean I'm genius?)
-"ahhh, I called up Joe Beats and told him to get his ass in gear." (haha)
I just sit back and watch as certain heads will try and dis me publicly or in some political way. This is a local thing. The old supporter or fan will now turn his/her snub their nose up at you, not extend their hand, or turn their back on you. Why? I have my own theories. I want to say it has something to do with people not wanting to share us with the rest of the country or world but that doesn't feel or sound right. The only thing I can come up with is what I feel as it's happening. It seems as if they try and do it to make themselves look better than someone who is apart something not local anymore, someone doing something elsewhere. I don't know about anyone else -like Sage- but I'm thinking it has to do with part one and it's just me. Why? Because in their mind, whenever we went our seperate ways they viewed it as a race to see who could do the most the fastest. One track later on an album distributed worldwide and I guess I'm the winner. Jeez, you people give up too easily.

Joe.
Post Tue Aug 13, 2002 12:10 pm

praton3030

those old fans can be such assholes, just because u give them an honest remark. it either u respect their opinion, or don't be a fucken fan at all, that is bullshit. people go their own seperate ways to express their own views, or in joey beats's case, to work with a different style, that all it is, it not to see who get's more done and that kinda shit.

peace,
Brian aka praton3030
Post Tue Aug 13, 2002 1:56 pm
Reggie

Joe Beats just fucked ya head up  Reply with quote  

Thanks, Joe, this answers a lot of nagging questions I had.

My prediction is that the Non-Prophets lp will be better received by rap fans, as much as Personal Journals was better received by avant 'tard fans. Hate me now.
Post Tue Aug 13, 2002 2:52 pm
pav

I'm somewhat lost by this non prophecy..
I understand what you're getting at.. but i'm at all too familiar with all the shit going on in your local scene..

But I am glad to see you irritated.. (sorry) i think in a way it's good for artists to feel that they're being given the shit end.. and that they're being underrated.. in most cases it only perpetuates the ridiculoid heat to be brought into the onslaught.. that's a good thing..
Post Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:09 pm
barlow

Non-prophecy  Reply with quote  

If you hadn't gone around not being Korean, none of this would have happened.

You can't say that you weren't warned!
Post Wed Aug 14, 2002 3:08 am
Reggie

Incidentally, this makes no sense unless you read Part 1 elsewhere in the forum. I read Part 2 first, because I just refuse to follow the Man's rules, and I was completely lost.
Post Wed Aug 14, 2002 6:45 am
well isnt that special

you whiny little bitch  Reply with quote  

That entire little novel you just wrote was a crock of shit. Complain complain complain. It's very funny that you care so much about your little Rhode Island hip hop scene. Boo Motherfucking Hoo. Joe Beats doesn't get his "respect due". Maybe if you spent half the time on your beats that you do running around being an arrogant shithead you might get love. That little section where you break down how you size people up and invent a different image for yourself everytime you converse with someone at a show is unreal. Are you that self-consious? "sometimes i tell you what you already should have known and be the hero" Wow kid. I didn't know that skinny crackhead looking dudes who resemble a bald Cher recovering from an addiction to OC's could be such a jewel dropper. Get the fuck over yourself. Your shit ain't that hot.
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:16 pm
JOEYBEATS

hahahaha...  Reply with quote  

You must be a victim...

carry on...

hahaha.

Joe.
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:18 pm

nOnamEjameS

hahaha  Reply with quote  

"One track later on an album distributed worldwide and I guess I'm the winner."
Man, that had me on the floor.
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:32 pm
Senorita

Vanishing before my very eyes.  Reply with quote  

Joe wants a pat on the head. You're a good boy, Joey. But, why do you feed off other people's reactions so much? I would think you shouldn't give a rat's ass about other people at this point. This little non-prophecy made me laugh. It showed me the various sides of Joe that are irrelevant to whoever the real Joe is. (Now, my pet, I'm not claiming to know the real you.) And, "fear" you, Joe? (Remember how that made me laugh.) After reading this, I think we all should. You play people and don't even seem to get a real thrill out of it. What's the matter with you, man? I ask because your Joe Beat-ness is vanishing from my memory. The boy who rarely speaks with a serious tone suddenly wants to shout out, once again, what the deal is and wants everyone to pay attention.
You'll get your due. However, relying on the average subidiot for it won't happen.

Signing off.
Senorita
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:44 pm
MOS

Re: Vanishing before my very eyes.  Reply with quote  

am i a prophet?
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:54 pm
Down Since 2001

hahaha  Reply with quote  

"One track later on an album distributed worldwide and I guess I'm the winner."

Hahaha...so you had one beat on a garbage album that a few thousand nerds bought and all of a sudden you're life's biggest winner?

Get the fuck over yourself. 99% of hip-hop fans don't even know who you are. You're nothing without Sage. You sit here all day composing self-righteous essays to look good in front of these little high school faggots who don't know any better.

Write a novel about that, loser.
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:27 pm
Reggie

You missed a bunch of whiny episodes beforehand, this actually clarifies much of his eBehavior to date.

I thought it was good. I like Joe's writing. And above all, it's honest.
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:40 pm
JOEYBEATS

Wooooooo  Reply with quote  

hhahah.

I love it how people automatically assume I'm really being serious with that last comment.

Do I really think I'm something special just because I have one track on one LP?? Or am I cracking on those who do and treat me accordingly?

The idiots.

Carry on.

Joe.
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 3:20 pm

kamereon

damn it...  Reply with quote  

i feel left out joe. what track is this everybody's running mouths about.
"one track on a worldwide album" somebody drop a fuck track name and what album its on.

and explain very slowly how i missed it...

i thought i was on top of things,
adam from pensacola
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 4:49 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next