Search
Register
New unmanned US stealth jet gathers data in iran
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

AdamBomb

marshall84 wrote:
I read somewhere that the Woodward thing was holographic technology that allows us to project giant 3D images of Muhammad and have him command people to surrender.

Yes! Hahaha...oh shit. Too funny.

We should be having holograms all over the place. We peaked with those mall galleries in the mid 90's.

Or this:
Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:45 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

hmmmm

i think i have that card!
Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:50 pm
AdamBomb

Neuro wrote:
hmmmm

i think i have that card!

I have it. I spent my childhood money (from mowing lawns, birthday cards, beating up kids for lunch money, etc) and all I got was a pile of useless cardboard.

I think in the future when they analyze the collapse of the empire of America, they will discover that the seeds of our economic system's failure began with the bottoming out of the sports card market. FTW...
Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:11 pm
Joshua Kane

This thing is likely a drone flying saucer (look at it) with the capability to track humans from near-space based on some sort of genetic signature. I wonder what else it may be able to pick up - intelligence of all sorts no doubt. So say the CIA has Ahmidinejad's fingerprint or DNA or whatever they need to track him, gather incredible amounts of intelligence unbeknownst to him, possibly conversations, you get the point.

Also, if not this version, then some other near finished version, almost certainly has the potential to carry a massive bunker busting bomb. In fact, probably this one:
http://trendsupdates.com/super-bunker-buster-bombs-on-fast-track-for-u-s-military/

It's silly to compare anythng to the Manhattan Project... add flowery prose here. Regardless it seems to me this weapon is actually a significant game changer.
Post Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:17 am
breakfast

Joshua Kane wrote:
This thing is likely a drone flying saucer (look at it) with the capability to track humans from near-space based on some sort of genetic signature. I wonder what else it may be able to pick up - intelligence of all sorts no doubt. So say the CIA has Ahmidinejad's fingerprint or DNA or whatever they need to track him, gather incredible amounts of intelligence unbeknownst to him, possibly conversations, you get the point.

I don't see a way that you could feasibly implement a system for tracking based on any sort of molecular biological information. It's equivalent to waiting for the person to to spit out chewing gum, and then approximating their location based on how warm the gum is.
Post Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:34 pm
Joshua Kane

breakfast wrote:
Joshua Kane wrote:

I don't see a way that you could feasibly implement a system for tracking based on any sort of molecular biological information. It's equivalent to waiting for the person to to spit out chewing gum, and then approximating their location based on how warm the gum is.

Well its clearly meant to hover in near-space, and I would imagine that the information retrieving capabilities of this stealth sorta saucer would absolutely shock everyone on this forum, me included. What those capabilities actually are I have no idea and am only guessing, but guessing about classified technologies is fun to me. And yes, i do find that a bit disturbing. Btw, hologram images of Allah causing Muslims to run is an American General's worst PR nightmare, the Pentagon is spending their money elsewhere, more and more reconnaisance realted.
Post Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:43 pm
ander

that's mad stealthy. but now i know this exists. not a good look.
Post Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:04 am
Raoul DeGroot

Bob Woodward is clearly the confused grandpa who is amazed by barcode scanners and videoconferencing.
DARPA contractors love to big up the effectiveness of their wares, and military brass and old reporters are all of that same Bay Rum wearing naivety to eat it up.

A smarter way of real-time collating a buffet of location and identity cues along with stealthier reconaissance planes is about all this is. Including up to - but not beyond - rudimentary thermal signature tech.
The thermal i.d. stuff would be very lucky to work with any accuracy near the mid range of the troposphere (10km)
Oh yeah, possibly they got some smaller, more durable, lower power tags that can be tracked by satellite.

The skonk works are maybe 10 yrs ahead in some respects, but the idea that they're on some scifi shit while private tech companies play with mud is just fun fantasy.

These are neat to read about-
http://www.securitysa.com/article.aspx?pklArticleId=5227&pklCategoryId=3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermography

PS Josh Kane... you CRAZY

Last edited by Raoul DeGroot on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:52 am
Joshua Kane

Raoul DeGroot wrote:
Bob Woodward is clearly the confused grandpa who is amazed by barcode scanners and videoconferencing.
DARPA contractors love to big up the effectiveness of their wares, and military brass and old reporters are all of that same Bay Rum wearing naivety.

A smarter way of real-time collating a buffet of location and identity cues along with stealthier reconaissance planes is about all this is. Including up to - but not beyond - rudimentary thermal signature tech.
The thermal i.d. stuff would be very lucky to work with any accuracy near the mid range of the troposphere (10km)

The skonk works are maybe 10 yrs ahead in some respects, but the idea that they're on some scifi shit while private tech companies play with mud is just fun fantasy.

These are neat to read about-
http://www.securitysa.com/article.aspx?pklArticleId=5227&pklCategoryId=3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermography

PS Josh Kane... you CRAZY

AND U KNOW THIS. Hey, thanx for bringing us back down to earth here Raoul. I was enjoying my genetic signature UFO pipe dream, until you turned on the lights, bastaaaaaaard!!!!!!!
Post Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:02 am
Joshua Kane

breakfast wrote:
Joshua Kane wrote:

Ya, after reading that thermal imaging article, projection genetic identification from space does seem very farfetched. But I was only poorly summarizing what other articles had already suggested, so there. ;)
Post Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:11 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2