Search
Register
Glenn Beck's "The Christmas Sweater" hits theaters
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Bring that Beat Back

I see some serious Palinesque humor potential in this.
Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:24 am
mancabbage

why is there no dirt on this sack of shit yet? Seriously, how is this guy not fucking choir boys with rolling pins or something - its always these guys, always, i can't believe he's clean. there is no way.
Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:14 am
futuristxen

I enjoy his show when it's on. He doesn't aggravate me like Sean Hannity does. He's wildly entertaining just because his sanity is tightroping so much.

Eventually he's going to go far enough on the air to get himself kicked off TV though. He came close to it with the Obama is a racist stuff. But I suspect he'll eventually say something so abhorrent even his fans turn on him. And it's just kind of watching for that moment.
Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:58 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

mancabbage wrote:
why is there no dirt on this sack of shit yet? Seriously, how is this guy not fucking choir boys with rolling pins or something - its always these guys, always, i can't believe he's clean. there is no way.

Well, he did rape and murder a girl in 1990.
Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:17 am
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

the mean wrote:
mancabbage wrote:

Well, he did rape and murder a girl in 1990?

Fixed it. We're not throwing around accusations here, we're just courageously asking questions.
Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:35 pm
shambhala

sparrow wrote:
looks like a heartwarming holiday adventure for the whole family filled with guilt and shame. this man is someone any average person can relate to because of his good ol boy wisdom and that plad shirt. it shows his humbleness and down to earth character, one who has those good values found in the church and the heat of a recently used missle silo.

ha!
Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:13 pm
AdamBomb

the mean wrote:
mancabbage wrote:

Well, he did rape and murder a girl in 1990.

Yeah, its hard to over look that. Even the rape part. That dirt enough for ya?
Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:20 pm
AdamBomb

UPDATE: Heh, heh.

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/12/04/becks-christmas-sweater-flops-in-major-cities-with-just-17-tickets-sold-in-new-york/

Quote:

Beck’s ‘Christmas Sweater’ flops in major cities, just 17 tickets sold in New York and Boston. By Alex Seitz-Wald on Dec 4th, 2009 at 12:08 pm

Last night, Fox News host Glenn Beck premiered his new live show based on his book The Christmas Sweater, which was simulcast to hundreds of movie theaters across the country. Sponsor Fathom Events called it a “once in a lifetime event,” during which “Glenn will tell you about the real life events that inspired him to write” the book, play clips from his 2008 national tour, and “share stories of the overwhelming response he received.” Despite heavy promotion on Beck’s radio and TV shows, and in-theater trailers, ticket sales were weak in major cities: Beck sold only 17 tickets in Boston, another 17 in New York, and just 30 in Washington, DC. Raw Story reports that, while sales were better in more conservative areas, even Seattle — which is near Beck’s hometown — couldn’t muster a strong crowd:

While it performed better in the south and in rural, more conservative areas, his ability to draw viewers in major US markets was a bust.

“The theater’s almost empty,” a representative at Regal Cinemas in Manhattan told Raw Story moments before it began.

The viewing in Lynnwood, WA — the closest one to Beck’s Mount Vernon hometown — sold out several hours before the show began. Ten miles south, 70 out of 415 seats had been snagged in Seattle, a better turnout than other cities.

Despite purporting to be a champion of the “little guy,” Beck set tickets prices at $20 — more than double the average ticket price. Blogger Joseph Childers reports that the production value looked “cheap,” and “the bulk of the evening consists solely of Glenn Beck acting out every role in his hokey story, with only his limited repertoire of accents and pantomime filling out the ‘cast’.”
Post Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:28 pm
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

FUCK! I should have just went. I'm usually able to fandangle (not fandango) free tickets for events that aren't "sold out special events" and if I had known that nobody went to see it, I'd have been all over that.
Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:39 pm
Coffee Black

Seeing that no one is going it will be nearly impossible to steal this from the internet. i actually like that quite a bit.
Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:07 pm
mancabbage

</object>
Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:12 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

i need to see this.

crackah smiley will perform this by christmas 2010.
Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:33 pm
Captiv8

I'm glad this is flopping. Beck is an idiot, and it's good to see that people are starting to realize that. It pains me that he's from the Seattle area.
Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:16 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2