Search
Register
Hooker with a Penis (revisted, because it owns)
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

poisonfree

I love tool, their music is spot on, and the lyrics aren't garbage so you don't have to put up with too much crap to hear technically sound jams. Actually I like the lyrics a lot.

Maynard is the man, Seen them a few times, and it was always amazing.

I think I even have tool poster behind my door still.

what a dork.

This is one of my favorite songs:
Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:34 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

ive always liked tool for their music videos

i like the two newest tool albums the most of their albums

those two records when played create an atmosphere around you then you start to see lil people commin out the crack of walls and dripping from the ceilings and then cubes and trianlgles morph into old people and ...whoa
Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:55 am
poisonfree

Neuro wrote:
ive always liked tool for their music videos

i like the two newest tool albums the most of their albums

those two records when played create an atmosphere around you then you start to see lil people commin out the crack of walls and dripping from the ceilings and then cubes and trianlgles morph into old people and ...whoa

I don't like their 2 newest albums that much.

they are not bad but I doubt I'd be able to handle listening to more than one song off of either of those in one sitting.
Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:43 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sequence

Jared Paul wrote:

But The Bends is the best Radiohead album.

Sorry, but it is.

Silly, nonsense, crazy talk. It's a great record, but it isn't even top 3 material.
Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:48 am
Captiv8

sequence wrote:
Jared Paul wrote:

But The Bends is the best Radiohead album.

Sorry, but it is.

Silly, nonsense, crazy talk. It's a great record, but it isn't even top 3 material.

This is preposterous. The Bends hits at every level, and displays all the goodness of Radiohead for the entire record, which is of course key in establishing the definitive album. OK Computer retained the majority of The Bends' awesomeness, but you could tell Radiohead was trying to move things in a slightly new direction and that detracted, ever so slightly, from the final product. Kid A is a continuation of that shift, Amnesiac is their weakest, Hail to the Thief is moving back to form, and In Rainbows shows the world once again Radiohead ain't nuthin to fuck with.
Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:10 pm
futuristxen

ugh. radiohead. That's one of those bands you have to act like you like sometimes just so you can get along with otherwise nice and decent people.
Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:22 pm
AdamBomb

futuristxen wrote:
ugh. radiohead. That's one of those bands you have to act like you like sometimes just so you can get along with otherwise nice and decent people.

Hahaha. Sometimes I feel like either people don't like Radiohead and don't listen to them or people that don't listen to them but name drop them so people will think they are all indie and cool.

I don't know though....there are a lot of smug Radiohead fans. They are almost as annoying as DMB fans.
Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:34 pm
the mean
Certified O.G.

Order of Radiohead goodness:

OK Computer
Kid A
The Bends
In Rainbows
Amnesiac
Pablo Honey
Hail To The Thief
Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:49 pm
shambhala

futuristxen wrote:

I can vouch for this. In India I was talking music with a guy from London that I otherwise liked, and I mentioned that I fucking hate Radiohead but am always afraid to say it out loud because somebody generally freaks out when they hear me say it. He promptly pulled his sleeve up and revealed a Radiohead tattoo.
Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:50 pm
laurapalmer

shambhala wrote:
futuristxen wrote:

I can vouch for this. In India I was talking music with a guy from London that I otherwise liked, and I mentioned that I fucking hate Radiohead but am always afraid to say it out loud because somebody generally freaks out when they hear me say it. He promptly pulled his sleeve up and revealed a Radiohead tattoo.

Exactly why i put radiohead right there with tool in the unholy quadrangle. Fuckers get emotional.
Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:55 pm
tommi teardrop

I agree with mean's list except I've never heard In Rainbows and though I've barely heard Hail to the Thief, it has to be better than Pablo Honey. Has to be. I challenge anyone to not like at least one of these songs:

Did you just hear that fucking bridge?

Either you suck at liking music or you are just lying to yourself so as not to go along with the crowd. These are two of the best songs ever written. It's just too good for me to accept that you might not like it. So yes, I guess I am getting emotional about it. That's a good thing though right? To care about art?
Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:00 pm
marshall84

AdamBomb wrote:
futuristxen wrote:

Hahaha. Sometimes I feel like either people don't like Radiohead and don't listen to them or people that don't listen to them but name drop them so people will think they are all indie and cool.

I don't know though....there are a lot of smug Radiohead fans. They are almost as annoying as DMB fans.

Radiohead is a complex issue. If I may, I'd like to proceed with some lay Radioheadology...

Radiohead may connote the vaguely-defined aesthetics of 'indie' and 'cool,' but people forget that they are one of the biggest rock bands in the world. (All of their albums have went platinum, if not multi-platinum, except Amnesiac.) Name-dropping Radiohead will not make you seem 'indie' or 'cool' in any social circle that prides itself on being 'indie' and 'cool.' I think a lot of the Radiohead hate derives from the fact that they are so popular and easy-to-like, not that they are abstruse. They are a fucking arena rock band. To not like Radiohead because their fans are pretentious is to commit the sin of pretension oneself, to not like Radiohead because they are well-liked is to be a hater. It's revealing that you mentioned DMB, because I think this analysis would apply homologously to that band, as well.

But seriously, Radiohead is a pretty good band. It's okay to not like them, but the absolute rejection by some people seems to be a case of haterism.

Last edited by marshall84 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:12 pm
boodah

going back to the beginning; did maynard just put some dude in the rear naked choke hold, continue signing, roll him over to avoid swallowing his tongue b/c of a seizure? i mean, i've seen him live a few times, and he was always entertaining, but god damn.
Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:14 pm
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

marshall84 wrote:
AdamBomb wrote:
futuristxen wrote:

Radiohead is a complex issue. If I may, I'd like to proceed with some lay Radioheadology...

Radiohead may connote the vaguely-defined aesthetics of 'indie' and 'cool,' but people forget that they are one of the biggest rock bands in the world. (All of their albums have went platinum, if not multi-platinum, except Amnesiac.) Name-dropping Radiohead will not make you seem 'indie' or 'cool' in any social circle that prides itself on being 'indie' and 'cool.' I think a lot of the Radiohead hate derives from the fact that they are so popular and easy-to-like, not that they are abstruse. They are a fucking arena rock band. To not like Radiohead because their fans are pretentious is to commit the sin of pretension oneself, to not like Radiohead because they are well-liked is to be a hater. It's revealing that you mentioned DMB, because I think this analysis would apply homologously to that band, as well.

But seriously, Radiohead is a pretty good band. It's okay to not like them, but the absolute rejection by some people seems to be a case of haterism.

You could substitute Tool in for Radiohead here in this paragraph and substitute Amnesiac for Opiate and you're be spot on as well (as demonstrated itt).

This entire week I've been reading the thread title as "revised" not "revisited" and I kept reading it over to find the revision. I can read real gud.
Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:34 pm
futuristxen

marshall84 wrote:
AdamBomb wrote:
futuristxen wrote:

No one really hates Radiohead. I don't dislike Radiohead. They are just vanilla to me. And it's not about saying you like them to be cool or indie. It's about biting your tongue when a friend or loved one brings them up, because it's not worth the arguement.

If you don't believe that Radiohead is the greatest band of all time, or don't like the right Radiohead albums, you've invited yourself into a world of bad mix-cds, and annoying condescension. Tell a Radiohead fan you don't like them that much, and they assume you haven't listened hard enough, and basically force you to listen to the albums, which you have to do because most radiohead fans are okay people and you want to get along with them and you think, you know usually their taste is on point, maybe I AM missing something, but no...you're not, and you end up wasting however many hours re listening to music you already knew you didn't care about just so that your relationship with said person can continue.

Tool fans on the other hand tend to be a lot like Jehovah's Witnesses. Annoying. Fervent. And full of pushy judgmental junk philosophies. They don't have fans. They have converts.
Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:43 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next