Search
Register
Sarah Palin 2012
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

phataccino

haha...that pic is great. I had a friend who went to a Tom Petty concert dressed up as Tom Petty once, but he didn't pull it off quite that well.
Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:53 am
sparrow

sarah palin will so not be transending when the mayan oracle alligns our physical beings with our higherselves into the cosmos in 2012.
Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:06 pm
benjy compson

Stumbleweed wrote:

no no no. this isn't right...
Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:26 pm
shambhala

is that the one from nailin' palin?
Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:46 pm
AdamBomb

icarus502 wrote:
AdamBomb wrote:
The Count wrote:
Sham's on point here.

People are people. They follow, they do stuff. Most people I know don't know shit from shinola about politics. Are they idiots, too?

I don't ride for any politician/party 100% to call supporters of their opposition idiots or hate them. I also don't validate people on their political views, either. For a lot of people their views are a culmination of geographics, how they were raised, life experience, etc.

We are all idiots for putting up with the party system.

How vacuous... oops, I mean, 'how open-minded'!

So you ride 100% for all the beliefs of the democratic party? I'm sure all the elected leaders pander to... oops I mean "care about" the people that vote for them.
Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:47 pm
AdamBomb

Stumbleweed wrote:
The fuck? A Palin clone meets the real thing at a book signing.

There are more of them???

That is on some "Single White Female" steez. Creepy.
Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:48 pm
sakredchao

i like the "history and politics" sign in the background.

democrats are stuck in the wallet just as much as the republicans. the republicans are just not as good at lying about it.

kim
Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:28 pm
The Count

icarus502 wrote:
AdamBomb wrote:
The Count wrote:
Sham's on point here.

People are people. They follow, they do stuff. Most people I know don't know shit from shinola about politics. Are they idiots, too?

I don't ride for any politician/party 100% to call supporters of their opposition idiots or hate them. I also don't validate people on their political views, either. For a lot of people their views are a culmination of geographics, how they were raised, life experience, etc.

We are all idiots for putting up with the party system.

How vacuous... oops, I mean, 'how open-minded'!

No, it's not about being open-minded or dithering. It's about being pragmatic. This "we need to move on without them" shit is just plain stupid because these people are part of the country like it or not. I'm not involved in my community (and thus politics) to make myself feel better or righteous, but rather to improve the community and the lives of the people within. To get things done, we're not going to be able to just ignore 25% of the people in this country. To move forward, we can't just point and laugh and hope they go away.

I fully understand how stubborn these people are. I grew up with them, I'm friends with them, hell, I used to BE one of them. I know that they're not hateful people at heart. They're simple people, who feel threatened because the things that have come to understand as good and right are under attack and they instinctively circle the wagons and start to spit venom at any outsiders.

I'm as frustrated as anyone, but this isn't constructive. We have stupid people on our side, and we get pissed when the right points it out? So what are we going to do, just go back and forth with snarky videos?
Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:44 pm
Dr Sagacious

While your approach is admirable, I just simply don't see it working. These people are entrenching themselves in their beliefs, and will not budge. Not for progress. Not for peace (Civil peace). Not for anything. They feel threatened because of Liberalism or Progress, or anything that's moving away from prehistoric government. That's fine, and it's okay if they don't want things to change. But if they put a hamper on things because of their beliefs, there's absolutely no need for them. They do more harm than good.

Don't block up the doorway, pal.
Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:47 pm
The Count

Dr Sagacious wrote:
While your approach is admirable, I just simply don't see it working. These people are entrenching themselves in their beliefs, and will not budge. Not for progress. Not for peace (Civil peace). Not for anything. They feel threatened because of Liberalism or Progress, or anything that's moving away from prehistoric government. That's fine, and it's okay if they don't want things to change. But if they put a hamper on things because of their beliefs, there's absolutely no need for them. They do more harm than good.

Don't block up the doorway, pal.

I understand what you're saying, but what I'm trying to convey is that it isn't possible to just "move on without them" unless they all migrate to the moon (please lord let this happen) or die.
Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:46 pm
Dr Sagacious

Haha. I know, we can't "physically" move on without them. But, I think most everyone else who aren't completely opinionated with that, can. Move on as, just brush aside and keep walking as a country. Just keep going.

If only NASA made transport ships to the moon instead of warheads to the moon.
Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:09 pm
The Count

That's honestly why I want us to colonize the moon. So the puritans can get the fuck outta here and set up colonies where they can be crazy all by themselves.
Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:52 pm
xGasPricesx

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:57 pm
mancabbage

teh word idiot exists, if it aint fitting for these fucking muppets that support this vapid beacon of wank then i dont know wtf is going on. i hope she ends up like mr hands
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:12 pm
shambhala

Christopher Hitchens wrote:
At least Richard Nixon had the ill fortune to look like what he was: a haunted scoundrel and repressed psychopath. Whereas the usefulness of Sarah Palin to the right-wing party managers is that she combines a certain knowingness with a feigned innocence and a still-palpable blush of sex. But she should take care to read her Alexander Pope: That bloom will soon enough fade, and it will fade really quickly if she uses it to prostitute herself to the Nixonites on one day and then to cock-tease the rabble on the next.

http://www.slate.com/id/2237638/pagenum/2
Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:09 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next