Search
Register
Silk Nog > Egg Nog
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

sparrow

unfortunately the market is flooded with subpar and toxic food choices offered at the most discounted rates, wrapped in plastic carried out the door in plastic, which ends up as a neurotoxin when its incinerated at the waste processing plant or ingested by a form of marine biology around that huge pile of trash between cali and hawaii. in the name of profit.

interesting plan.
Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:14 pm
Oh Daesu

sparrow wrote:
unfortunately the market is flooded with subpar and toxic food choices offered at the most discounted rates, wrapped in plastic carried out the door in plastic, which ends up as a neurotoxin when its incinerated at the waste processing plant or ingested by a form of marine biology around that huge pile of trash between cali and hawaii. in the name of profit.

interesting plan.

Who are you arguing with?
Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:14 pm
codebreaker

typical responses from most of those i would expect to to come out swinging. its the way it is, and its fine. What i think and practice is never something i would force feed to everyone else - it was just a response based on how i have decided to eat over the years. it doesnt make it right. eat whatever the heck u want to. but it is amazing when people come out so quickly guns a blazin' when their lifestyle is questioned at all. certain people get their rocks off by hopping into every conversation and either adding to an argument or tossing off some snide comment. im not gonna play that. didnt mean to come on too strong with my shit
Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:11 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

It's not my lifestyle. I'm not vegan. I do consume a good deal of soy products, but I do it purely because some soy products are delicious.

But if there's one thing I can't stand, it's wacky and pseudoscientific cults that have glommed onto the US progressive/left/radical community. Often these cults get people by exploiting their reasonable distrust (of Frankenfoods, of the medical establishment, of compulsory education) and their values (healthiness, community) and then turn it into some wacky cultural nationalist, anti-scientific garbage. Fuck Steiner. Fuck Weston A. Price. Fuck Nourishing Traditions. Fuck Truthers. And if you wanna be down with Nourishing Traditions, fuck you too. Chino XL, fuck you too.
Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 am
sparrow

I agree with that ic but I get weary of people who hold science up as god in the opposite extreme. and I'm not arguing oh daesu just sayin... it's unfortunate.
Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:46 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

sparrow wrote:
I agree with that ic but I get weary of people who hold science up as god in the opposite extreme. and I'm not arguing oh daesu just sayin... it's unfortunate.

Sigh. Nobody is holding science up as god. I'm saying that if you're going to make scientific claims, you should be able to substantiate them. Codebreaker is on some disingenuous bullshit.
Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:48 am
sparrow

i agree with you again, ic. i think codebreaker just needs to look at different issues than what s/he is putting forth here, cause its not all good, thats known.
Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:55 am
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

icarus502 wrote:
It's not my lifestyle. I'm not vegan. I do consume a good deal of soy products, but I do it purely because some soy products are delicious.

But if there's one thing I can't stand, it's wacky and pseudoscientific cults that have glommed onto the US progressive/left/radical community. Often these cults get people by exploiting their reasonable distrust (of Frankenfoods, of the medical establishment, of compulsory education) and their values (healthiness, community) and then turn it into some wacky cultural nationalist, anti-scientific garbage. Fuck Steiner. Fuck Weston A. Price. Fuck Nourishing Traditions. Fuck Truthers. And if you wanna be down with Nourishing Traditions, fuck you too. Chino XL, fuck you too.

this is a great post.
Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:00 am
codebreaker

e  Reply with quote  

what can i say? i hold some things to be true not universally speaking, but as most people who want to be proactively aware of what i eat, i have certain beliefs that may go against the grain - ONCE again - not saying i was "right" (which i mentioned several times) but was simply issuing an opinion and real life scenario that has personally affected me that could have at least possibly been contributed to by years of soy ingestion. i am not who you say i am - i am not the anti industry wack wishing death upon the modern food industry. I am Not riding some false wave of self superiority because I shy away from soy. i DO think there are major flaws with the mass production/resulting consumption of food today - esp in westernized societies - but am no means above anyone else or absolving myself of having a guilty pleasure here and there. I Do know that many doctirs will tell you at the very least that soy proteins are very hard to digest in most people. If i came on too strong as a leftist lunatic, then for that, i do apologize. disingenuos i am not - if anything, i picked the wrong thread to spout off on. drink soy milk, or whatever u like, by the gallon. Ill have a jamo on the rocks -and i wont be eating a meal of kitcheri tonight either.
Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:53 pm
Raoul DeGroot

Step your game up. Your game is pudding.
Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:10 pm
Bandini
WIZARD APPRENTICE

i've been drinking this stuff like a madman. i mix it with evan williams single barrel vintage and lap it up like a dog. it's a delicious drink for cold times.
Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:42 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dri

i'm a raw vegan [for health purposes and temporarily] but i am totes going to sneaksies me some nog this holiday season. i will probably go with silk nog to be on the safer side.

also, boca chickenless patties are delicious.

more importantly, the best hot dog to eat is a veggiedog. i dont bite into it wondering what parts of what im ingesting.

better yet, last night i put four different types of meat on a stick - made a song about it and sang/ate it in front of my friend who has been a vegetarian since she was 5. she loved the harmony.

win-win.
Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:08 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15