Search
Register
"The Bad Apple" restaurant in Chi. SFR burger!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

sewer samuel

having a burger named after you is sick, i think thats when you know you've made it.
Post Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:54 am
Dyss

How did the poker go?
Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:32 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

There was no poker game. There was a meal, and it was wonderful. I stepped into the place and it was like I was Norm from Cheers. Everyone knew my name. The only difference is that I didn't know anyone else's name. Well...that's not entirely true. I knew my lawyer's name. He was there to make sure the food was good enough. If the food was bad we were planning a defamation lawsuit. Reanimator, his wife and child also showed up. A bunch of people came through and it was a wonderful night.

After the meal I was given a ride back to my pad where I crashed hard.

Here is Mandy. She's the one who made contact and helped work out the burger ingredients with me.

Here is Ed. He is the co-owner of the Bad Apple with Mandy and he helped spread my music to his friends in the Chi area.

Here's the only shot I've been able to find of the inside, but it really does this establishment no justice.

Thank you Ed, Mandy and chef whose name I don't remember. Thank you for treating me to a free meal and being super nice to me.
Post Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:46 am
ADhere
n3wb 4 life

Just about to start a thread about this (thanks Google)...

Walked into this place last night after going to a haunted house unknowing of this Sage burger. Had to get it. It was deeeelicious. Even my mostly carnivorous girlfriend was super impressed. Good food all around at the Bad Apple.

Also, I asked the waitress what was the connection and she mumbled something like "I think he's friends with the owners or something, mumble"

Pretty random.

Icarus, Kuma's Corner is still going strong and the metal theme is still in full effect. They actually started throwing a customer appreciation metal fest in the street next door the past couple of summers.
Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:44 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3