Search
Register
Tired of being judged, does it happen to any of you?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

mzehe916

AdamBomb wrote:
Seamus Ignoramus wrote:
futuristxen wrote:
Reggie wrote:
Come on.

Did he really say you've got to keep your "Irish blood pure"?

In Florida?

You don't think there's Irish people in Florida?
Who is being the racist, now?

Irish people are serious about two things: being useless drunks, and keeping the bloodline pure.

Huh?

I heard that you should never kiss the Blarney Stone when you go to Ireland, because the locals get a kick out of pissing on it/watching tourists kiss it later.

I heard the same thing when I was in Ireland. I watched the people kiss it and decided that I wouldn't because I wasn't down with going ninja to kiss something everyone else had already kisses. But it did appear to be in a position which would make pissing on it a bit difficult.
Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:47 am
Reggie

I think redball has articulated how a lot of us are feeling towards memorie. That and, not for nothing, I have known plenty of pathological liars who fabricated increasingly outlandish tales of victimization to get attention. I mean, even the title of this thread, about "being judged"...to me the story is more "wow I just interacted with an uncomfortably vociferous racist," not "people make fun of me because of my dreads."

redball's advice about connecting to be a few people on the forum on a personal level to enhance credibility is great. And luckily, there are some very good people that post here.
Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:13 am
cakes

as always, redball has wise words worth listening to.

prolific memorie wrote:
read my blogs..see the sadness..its more than real. I'm in more pain than i thought any human could or should feel.

it goes without saying that ideally no one should have to feel this way, but you may be surprised at how many people here can relate if you give them a chance to.

it's easy to feel sorry for yourself, we've all done it, but i haven't met anyone form this forum who doesn't have a shitty story or three or ten to share. however, they have just as many stories about how they've been able to overcome that or turn it into something positive in their lives. it's fucking hard to do, and you probably hate hearing it, but i suggest looking into how you can start to work on doing that for yourself.
Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:51 am

I was judged in courtroom by a judge. I'm guilty but it still didn't feel good. I almost went to D.O.C.

The only reason I didn't was because the day I was going to accept my plea, my shitty ass public defender wasn't there and I randomly got one that actually gave a shit.

Luck and time.
Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:26 am
NeverWinter

prolific memorie wrote:
myspace.com/prolificmemorie

I just noticed you know Alex Pardee? Shit, you know Dave Correia too?

My best friend was their College roommate, we used to get fucking silly in those apartments way back, I still kick with with both them in Walnut Creek all the time.... small world
Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:47 am
prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.

NeverWinter wrote:
prolific memorie wrote:
myspace.com/prolificmemorie

I just noticed you know Alex Pardee? Shit, you know Dave Correia too?

My best friend was their College roommate, we used to get fucking silly in those apartments way back, I still kick with with both them in Walnut Creek all the time.... small world

Yea, and he's sort of my hero in the artist community.

And by the way guys my comment on some other thread about being raped and shooting the guy...I didnt kill him, he moved away and then i saw him again when i was 19 and threw a knife at him and missed. it was my first day on a new job, cooking at a seafood restaurant and he apparently was the dish washer there..needless to say he quit.And i later apologized for ever posting any of that story..I have had one of the strangest lives on the planet.Trust me it gets weirder.
On a good note i see where you are coming from totally Redball.And will be heeding your advice. Thank you.

pieces of later,
mem

aka Trav's nightmare.
Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:06 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
DeadAwake

Thats not so much being judged as being flat out verbally abused. Its pretty normal to judge people at least on a sub conscious level.

If you wanted to throw him off guard you could have told him something like "you are too kind, sir". Pretty hard to do in a situation where you'd feel threatened though.
Post Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:44 am
cakes

prolific memorie wrote:
I have had one of the strangest lives on the planet.Trust me it gets weirder.
i don't mean to sound like an ass, because i do believe that you've got shit going on (or else you wouldn't be in this position in the first place), but i think people are less likely to be cool with you if you make egotistical assumptions that your life is the only one of its kind, even if it is, and that no one would ever "get" that. because we all live a perfect, balanced existance here... obviously...

i think what helps a lot of people going through something tragic is to realize that they're not the only ones who have been, or are, in the same boat. it's hard to see that sometimes, and it might not be any help to talk to people who have been there, but it's worth thinking about.

to be clear, i don't mean to say you shouldn't continue to share your stories, because every specific story is unique, especially if it helps. though, these responses wouldn't help me feel better at all. when i'm going through shit, i have no room for bullshit from people like trav (though, that can help me feel better about the fact that i'm me and not him). and i don't think you're a "bad" person by any means. you seem kind. i think you've got lots of shit to figure out, and hope that we can help. but in the end, who doesn't? it's give and take here.

i don't think the conversation is really worth continuing, i just wanted to add that because it's a general tone that i don't think comes across well in your posts, intended or not.
Post Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:19 am
penchant 4

B s

Last edited by penchant 4 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:23 am
Travadone

cakes wrote:
prolific memorie wrote:
I have had one of the strangest lives on the planet.Trust me it gets weirder.
i don't mean to sound like an ass, because i do believe that you've got shit going on (or else you wouldn't be in this position in the first place), but i think people are less likely to be cool with you if you make egotistical assumptions that your life is the only one of its kind, even if it is, and that no one would ever "get" that. because we all live a perfect, balanced existance here... obviously...

i think what helps a lot of people going through something tragic is to realize that they're not the only ones who have been, or are, in the same boat. it's hard to see that sometimes, and it might not be any help to talk to people who have been there, but it's worth thinking about.

to be clear, i don't mean to say you shouldn't continue to share your stories, because every specific story is unique, especially if it helps. though, these responses wouldn't help me feel better at all. when i'm going through shit, i have no room for bullshit from people like trav (though, that can help me feel better about the fact that i'm me and not him). and i don't think you're a "bad" person by any means. you seem kind. i think you've got lots of shit to figure out, and hope that we can help. but in the end, who doesn't? it's give and take here.

i don't think the conversation is really worth continuing, i just wanted to add that because it's a general tone that i don't think comes across well in your posts, intended or not.
cakes,youre a forum whore. dont think i knew did u?
Post Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:27 am
cakes

Travadone wrote:
awe snap. you wish, butthead.
i totally did not know you knew seeing as i've never said or done anything to imply that.
Post Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:51 am
Travadone

cakes wrote:
Travadone wrote:
awe snap. you wish, butthead.
i totally did not know you knew seeing as i've never said or done anything to imply that.
you dont have to. i have cards up my sleeve and one is of you.
Post Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:49 pm
redball

Do they look like this?

Post Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:48 pm
Stumbleweed

Hahaha, wow.
Post Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:54 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Travadone

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:57 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9