Profile
Search
Register
Log in
Paganism
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Author Message
Nope



Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1916
 Reply with quote  

Jesse wrote:
Cats have the right to say "Nah" and just leave it there if they feel like it.



yes and they also have the right to make up something...or truly believe in something, or say "I don't know"

so I still don't see how the "nah" is any more probable than the "yes"

so I say "I don't know" :)
Post Fri May 02, 2003 7:12 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MessiahCarey



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 10924
 Reply with quote  

I just noticed a really dope feature of the programming of this website.

If nobody has viewed your post when you edit it, it doesn't display that the post was edited. Yet, if someone has viewed it, such as above, it publicly reflects that. It seems so simple...but that attention to detail is rare.

Ah well. It's the little things.

- Shane
Post Fri May 02, 2003 7:16 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
duke_city



Joined: 05 Jul 2002
Posts: 3208
Location: San Diego,CA
 Reply with quote  

MessiahCarey wrote:
I just noticed a really dope feature of the programming of this website.

If nobody has viewed your post when you edit it, it doesn't display that the post was edited. Yet, if someone has viewed it, such as above, it publicly reflects that. It seems so simple...but that attention to detail is rare.

Ah well. It's the little things.

- Shane


Thats how every messageboard I've ever posted on works.

Brian
Post Fri May 02, 2003 7:19 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MessiahCarey



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 10924
 Reply with quote  

dallasbboy wrote:
MessiahCarey wrote:
I just noticed a really dope feature of the programming of this website.

If nobody has viewed your post when you edit it, it doesn't display that the post was edited. Yet, if someone has viewed it, such as above, it publicly reflects that. It seems so simple...but that attention to detail is rare.

Ah well. It's the little things.

- Shane


Thats how every messageboard I've ever posted on works.

Brian


<shrug> I'm an unobervant bastard what can I say?
Post Fri May 02, 2003 7:20 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nope



Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1916
 Reply with quote  

what sucks is that it doesn't show the "edit:" to the original poster

I have seen it before on other people's posts...the reason it sucks for me is that I edit a lot because I'm a compulsive submitter...so I want to see how others are reading my posts once they're edited

and this is the only board that does this for me...though I only visit 2 and those are the only ones I ever have with frequency
Post Fri May 02, 2003 7:22 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jesse



Joined: 02 Jul 2002
Posts: 6166
Location: privileged homeless
 Reply with quote  

yeah civil discussion is all well and good but why isn't anyone swearing anymore?
Post Fri May 02, 2003 7:51 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MessiahCarey



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 10924
 Reply with quote  

Fuck swearing. I was just subjected to Andrew Dice Clay.
Post Fri May 02, 2003 10:09 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BlueSuedeShants



Joined: 02 Mar 2003
Posts: 78
Location: Los Angeles, CA
 Reply with quote  

www.killingthebhudda.com


Check this site out.
Post Fri May 02, 2003 10:31 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jesse



Joined: 02 Jul 2002
Posts: 6166
Location: privileged homeless
 Reply with quote  

RandomSurge wrote:
yes and they also have the right to make up something...or truly believe in something, or say "I don't know"

so I still don't see how the "nah" is any more probable than the "yes"

so I say "I don't know" :)


No, dammit! If a belief can only be stated in possession of absolute knowledge, and if absolute knowledge is ipso facto unattainable, then the whole concept of believe or knowledge is rendered entirely useless unless we inject a bit of relativity here.

I will start out by admitting that anything I believe to be fact may actually be incorrect because I am thoroughly fallible, and then I will proceed to state that I believe the fact to be that there is no such thing as a god.

I've developed a position on the matter. Why should I abandon it, trying to appear neutral when I'm not?

or wait wait wait I just re-read what you said... are you speaking only for YOURSELF here? because if so I'm retarded and what you've said makes perfect sense and you should indeed represent yourself and your convictions or lack thereof as you see fit. I've been responding thinking you were criticizing atheism in general, but um were you actually explaining why you don't identify as atheist yourself?
Post Sat May 03, 2003 12:06 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Nope



Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1916
 Reply with quote  

Jesse wrote:
I've been responding thinking you were criticizing atheism in general, but um were you actually explaining why you don't identify as atheist yourself?


well atheism doesn't make more sense to ME than just believing in a god...because you're still just believing in something you have no proof of

I don't "identify" with either view...for many reasons (the root reason being belief).

As I quoted, you said you had the right to say "nah"

Which I obviously acknowledge...I've just been saying how I don't necessarily see that "nah" as any better than the "yes" (which you also have the right to say).

so I bask in my own ignorance
Post Sat May 03, 2003 7:50 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nope



Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1916
 Reply with quote  

Jesse wrote:

No, dammit! If a belief can only be stated in possession of absolute knowledge, and if absolute knowledge is ipso facto unattainable, then the whole concept of believe or knowledge is rendered entirely useless unless we inject a bit of relativity here.



exactly...me no need no relativity injection

though I don't believe you can't believe if you don't have absolute knowledge...you can believe whatever you want...but like you said, at the same time acknowledge that you might not be right.

In other words...I don't have problems with others getting "injected"

you start treating your beliefs as dogma...and then...you know the rest
Post Sat May 03, 2003 7:53 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jesse



Joined: 02 Jul 2002
Posts: 6166
Location: privileged homeless
 Reply with quote  

Okay man, I didn't get for a while that you were explaining your own agnostic position rather than promoting it as the only way to go. In that light, I have no argument with it. Well I mean... we can still discuss our respective positions but not in the same way as if you were saying what I HAD thought you were saying.

Right so, my mistake.

Oh could you try to keep your replies for the most part in one post? It's easy to quote multiple passages without starting a new post every time. It would help to keep discussions more compact.
Post Sat May 03, 2003 9:58 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
killedbysharks



Joined: 16 Feb 2003
Posts: 334
Location: palm springs, ca.
 Reply with quote  

RandomSurge wrote:
Jesse wrote:
I've been responding thinking you were criticizing atheism in general, but um were you actually explaining why you don't identify as atheist yourself?


well atheism doesn't make more sense to ME than just believing in a god...because you're still just believing in something you have no proof of

I don't "identify" with either view...for many reasons (the root reason being belief).

As I quoted, you said you had the right to say "nah"

Which I obviously acknowledge...I've just been saying how I don't necessarily see that "nah" as any better than the "yes" (which you also have the right to say).

so I bask in my own ignorance


I dont know when this thread turned into "my beliefs are better than yours"? I am an athiest, i have been my entire life, I dont say anybody else is wrong in their beliefs. I was an athiest before i knew what an athiest was. My mother put me in a christian daycare when i was little, she is an athiest, but we were too poor for the other ones. Anyway, they would talk about the bible and "god" and stuff, but i only took it as a fictional story.
I understand that by me believing there is no god, i have to believe that everybody else is wrong. But I would never tell somebody they are wrong, because in all our minds we are right.
I am a happy, satisfied athiest. And i never force my ideas onto other people.
The only time I have a problem with religious people is when certain churches that send their followers to recruit us when we are in our homes. How fucking rude is that. I wouldnt set up a church of athiests and send them invade people's homes and tell them they are wrong. That is bullshit, dont fucking think you can come into my house if i dont know you. Ill get fucking hostile with those rude pricks.

Anyway, this isnt ment to talk shit to anybody, i just want to add some of my own thoughts and beliefs to this subject.
Post Sat May 03, 2003 2:10 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Nope



Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1916
 Reply with quote  

killedbysharks wrote:

I dont know when this thread turned into "my beliefs are better than yours"? .


I don't know why you would quote my post and then start with this sentence

jesse had the same problem :)

I never said my beliefs were better than anyone's

how could I?

I HAVE NONE
Post Sat May 03, 2003 3:16 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
killedbysharks



Joined: 16 Feb 2003
Posts: 334
Location: palm springs, ca.
 Reply with quote  

RandomSurge wrote:
killedbysharks wrote:

I dont know when this thread turned into "my beliefs are better than yours"? .


I don't know why you would quote my post and then start with this sentence

jesse had the same problem :)

I never said my beliefs were better than anyone's

how could I?

I HAVE NONE


hehe sorry dude, but if i used jesse's then he would have the same problem. cool, whatever. i like to talk, but i dont always make sense so sorry, i always have good intentions
Post Sun May 04, 2003 3:18 am
 View user's profile Send private message

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:25 pm
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon