Search
Register
Swine Flu Vaccine
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

mancabbage

yeah, even though it was all in the news and stuff, being ill kinda made me ignore everything and get on with being ill, when i couldn't shake the cough for ages afterward was when it hit me that it may have been swine flu and after talking with people that have been medically confirmed to have it, it sounds like it was. not that bad... why don't you people vaccinate your kids? Maybe im not schooled up on this but its not about that mmr vaccine leads to autism crap is it? because that was 100% bullshit... and surely if you don't vaccinate your kids, tb and measles can kill em as adults ...?
Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:33 pm
Mark in Minnesota

A friend of mine who is a doctor working in a hospital wrote this about six weeks ago, about swine flu:

Quote:

I hope to be first in line for the vaccine.

(snip)

I get semi-regular updates on the hospital policy and whatnot so there is some information flow in my direction, and I read the news for whatever that is worth. A little more when they cite the CDC.

Long story short, apparently some OBs are telling these paranoid pregnant ladies (some of whom are already proclaiming that they weren't going to get the regular flu shot) not to get the Swine vaccine when it is released, or at least this is what the ladies are understanding they are being told. They then spout some nonsense about lack of research, etc. It is just a f-ing flu vaccine! They are old school and the seasonal one is recommended and is just a jumbling of random (not really random) viruses that they hope will be the major players for the year, as opposed to one specifically targeting the virus that has already been causing trouble and a high mortality (MORTALITY) in the pregnant ladies. Idiots all around. They all like to cite that it hasn't been tested on pregnant ladies, blah blah blah, apparently not realizing that pretty much nothing is tested on pregnant ladies, because you only give us what has benefit that outweighs the risk of mutant babies, or old things that over time have shown not to make mutant babies, and don't give things that are proven to make mutant babies. How many pregnancy class A drugs are there? Not freaking many. In fact, a quick look at meds I give pregnant ladies reveals that lots of them are class C...ruh-roh. There, folic acid is class A. I knew there must be something.

First in line, right here. People's irrational fear of vaccines really fills me with rage.
Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:22 pm
mancabbage

email her back and say "you sound distressed, i have a good homeopathic medicine you should take, it'll probably ward off the flu too" i dare you :)
Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:25 pm
medicineman
HALFLING

Mark in Minnesota wrote:
A friend of mine who is a doctor working in a hospital wrote this about six weeks ago, about swine flu:

Quote:

I hope to be first in line for the vaccine.

(snip)

I get semi-regular updates on the hospital policy and whatnot so there is some information flow in my direction, and I read the news for whatever that is worth. A little more when they cite the CDC.

Long story short, apparently some OBs are telling these paranoid pregnant ladies (some of whom are already proclaiming that they weren't going to get the regular flu shot) not to get the Swine vaccine when it is released, or at least this is what the ladies are understanding they are being told. They then spout some nonsense about lack of research, etc. It is just a f-ing flu vaccine! They are old school and the seasonal one is recommended and is just a jumbling of random (not really random) viruses that they hope will be the major players for the year, as opposed to one specifically targeting the virus that has already been causing trouble and a high mortality (MORTALITY) in the pregnant ladies. Idiots all around. They all like to cite that it hasn't been tested on pregnant ladies, blah blah blah, apparently not realizing that pretty much nothing is tested on pregnant ladies, because you only give us what has benefit that outweighs the risk of mutant babies, or old things that over time have shown not to make mutant babies, and don't give things that are proven to make mutant babies. How many pregnancy class A drugs are there? Not freaking many. In fact, a quick look at meds I give pregnant ladies reveals that lots of them are class C...ruh-roh. There, folic acid is class A. I knew there must be something.

First in line, right here. People's irrational fear of vaccines really fills me with rage.

doctors say a lot of things
Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:30 pm
mancabbage

yeah and when you have a heart attack who you gonna go to?
Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:56 pm
Oh Daesu

MP3D wrote:
work is "making" you get it? forced immunization? where do you work? the vaccine from what i understand only protects from one form of H1N1, not the many mutated strands of it. Do you really want to put mercury into your body?

Not all the h1n1 vaccine has mercury in it.
Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:00 pm
Oh Daesu

zagadka wrote:
hell no.

I do not trust any vaccine,

buh? Immunization has saved millions of lives.
Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:03 pm
medicineman
HALFLING

mancabbage wrote:
yeah and when you have a heart attack who you gonna go to?

Heaven, maybe? Not to the doctor. Only orthopedic doctors are ever allowed to touch my body, should I break a bone. Ever.

My personal experience with the medical establishment in my life has not led me to place faith in doctors or any other medical professionals or what they say or believe. I've met more than a few and never one whose intellect or opinion I ever came to respect. Ever. Personally. Infected very seriously with Western empirical thinking. Say what you will about that being the appropriate approach to medicine. Don't care. One of the supposedly finest hospitals in the entire US is in my hometown and the ignorance and closed-mindedness of the doctors I have encountered there makes me physically ill. I don't even really want to get into how my complete loss of faith in medicine-as-an-establishment came about, but trust me, I have my reasons, and I FIRMLY believe that I would be dead had I entrusted my life to the hands of medical professionals as they and my family would have had me do. I accept nothing from the medical or pharmaceutical establishment (now THOSE are two snakes intertwined, ironic eh?) at face value and I would encourage everyone to adopt the same attitude.
Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:29 pm
Mark in Minnesota

I find myself wondering why you didn't start by laying out that set of beliefs. I'm sure your choices are right for you, but I do feel like you may not have been arguing in good faith when you entered this discussion by arguing that the vaccine is under-tested. After your most recent post it doesn't sound like any amount of testing would be sufficient to satisfy you that the vaccine is a good idea.
Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:41 pm
medicineman
HALFLING

Mark in Minnesota wrote:
I find myself wondering why you didn't start by laying out that set of beliefs. I'm sure your choices are right for you, but I do feel like you may not have been arguing in good faith when you entered this discussion by arguing that the vaccine is under-tested. After your most recent post it doesn't sound like any amount of testing would be sufficient to satisfy you that the vaccine is a good idea.

Yeah, that's pretty legit. I'll admit that I know very very little about how developing a vaccine works or how long the accepted testing process usually is or how it unfolds. And you're probably right that I would never have been satisfied with any amount of testing. I guess in this case it's just my intuition, but my general negative attitude towards medicine probably factors in quite a bit, admittedly. But like I said, I encourage skepticism about the recommended course of action when it comes to medicine in any form. Especially when I feel like this is a manufactured "pandemic"...this is SARS, this is avian flu. This is minor bullshit. Africa is still dying of AIDS while we debate this. Who is interested in scaring us so badly with this relatively tame disease? Why? Who stands to profit? I dunno. Those are thoughts I can't shake.
Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:57 pm
Inedible Condiment

medicineman wrote:
But like I said, I encourage skepticism about the recommended course of action when it comes to medicine in any form.

Having said that you probably wouldn't accept any ammount of testing, you're not encouragin skepticism; in fact I'd argue that you hurt skeptics by being an outright denier of facts, just as pre-assured of your rightness as those who blindly follow direction.

medicineman wrote:
Especially when I feel like this is a manufactured "pandemic"...this is SARS, this is avian flu. This is minor bullshit. Africa is still dying of AIDS while we debate this. Who is interested in scaring us so badly with this relatively tame disease? Why? Who stands to profit? I dunno. Those are thoughts I can't shake.

Who stands to gain is always a good question to ask, but comparing this flu to the other two is silly. SARS and the general "avian flu" we hear of nearly every year are/were certainly overblown as potential "pandemics", but H1N1 is truly global, and kills the healthiest segment of the population as opposed to the infirm and immuno-suppressed.
Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:53 pm
MYOWNCLICHE

medicineman wrote:
Especially when I feel like this is a manufactured "pandemic"...this is SARS, this is avian flu. This is minor bullshit. Africa is still dying of AIDS while we debate this. Who is interested in scaring us so badly with this relatively tame disease? Why? Who stands to profit? I dunno. Those are thoughts I can't shake.
Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:01 pm
mancabbage

Africans wouldn't say no to a shit load more vaccines for a whole range of shit whilst you sit there going "naaa man I don't trust that doctor shit, I've u know got a feeling about it....pass me the hash bruv". And fuck the OMGZS BIRD FLUS NEVER HAPPENED CONSPIRACY !!! FOLLOW THE MONEY.

Come on. They had the possibility to be bad, as did this. Be happy they didn't turn out that way... But they could...don't shit on the Docters that trained years to build on generations worth of knowledge in order to save your arse,fuck a heart attack then...

Btw the flouride in the water. Mind control device
Post Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:33 am
mzehe916

6 out of 19 of my students are out sick. Swine flu is fairly moderate in Europe right now. Yesterday, I had a headache. I'm not one to get sick (can't remember the last time I missed work because of an illness). The thought of getting sick like these students is very unappealing. I'd take a shot.
Post Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:04 am
MP3D
Straaaange FAMOUS!

mancabbage wrote:

Btw the flouride in the water. Mind control device

so you think its put in to prevent tooth decay? come on man....
Post Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:19 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next