Search
Register
van jones resigned due to conservative pressure
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Majawala

van jones resigned due to conservative pressure  Reply with quote  

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0909/26809.html

With the resignation of green jobs adviser Van Jones, the conservative firing squad is setting its sights on other White House czars.

The resignation of Jones who stepped down from his post as the White House green jobs adviser early Sunday morning, citing a "vicious smear campaign" waged against him by "opponents of reform" was a win for conservative politicians and pundits who waged a months-long campaign hammering him for comments he made in his previous post as an environmental activist for poor and minority communities.

I think this is bad. the controversial things that the conservatives are attacking are rationally backed up. so what if he signed a thing saying 9/11 might have been known about by the government. they knew about pearl harbor. and it started a war that the adminstration wanted that was only kinda related. its a small possibility. on the whole the guy seems smart and capable. should obama have let him go based on this and pressure from conservatives. I worry that obama is caving to pressure from idiots which isn't good. or is it that this is a small fight he doesnt wanna try considering everything else that is going on. i hope its not the former.
Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:41 pm
Captiv8

I blame Glenn Beck. He's my favorite scapegoat.

This kind of mudslinging needs to stop on both ends. I hate this two-party shit anyway, but this kind of divisiveness isn't helping anyone, let alone the nation. If politicians and the parties focused this kind of energy into actual representations for the people we'd have accomplished a lot more in this country's short history.
Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:05 pm
futuristxen

I think signing into the 9/11 conspiracy theorists while you're currently working for the government, is a headache that most presidents wouldn't want to tolerate. The guy let Obama down by not realizing that when you work for Obama you kind of have to be on a diffrent standard, because you will be under a lot of scrutiny, and anything you do will be held against the President.

It sucks, but I'm not suprised at all by this outcome. It's just not worth the political capital to try and defend this guy for the white house, when they're trying to push through health care.

It's been a rough first year for the Obama administration.
Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:23 pm
TurnpikeGates

This is really bad. Fuck "political capital," this is called caving. Why do right wing fucking sadists get to be the only ones who jack off to public outcry? And why do Democrats never apply any fucking heat to force evil Cabinet folks to resign? It's like half the goddamn country wanted Ashcroft/Rumsfled/Wolfowitz/Gonzalez on a pitchfork, and it just bounced off Bush like spitwads. Why do only Republicans know how to get people removed? Is it because they're in bed with all the media that is good at yelling and repeating things over and over again?

Last edited by TurnpikeGates on Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:23 am
TurnpikeGates

My silly Bay Area lefty infighting prejudices aside, Van Jones is better qualified to actually do good things for the country than any joker we saw within smearing distance of the White House between 2000 and 2008, and probably most of Obama's people to boot. Fuck, this infuriates me.
Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:26 am
futuristxen

TurnpikeGates wrote:
Why do only Republicans know how get people removed?

Good question.

This guy probably won't even get the presidential medal of freedom.
Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:41 am
Majawala

they tend to be filled with more hate. which is scary.
Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:31 am

Jump to: