Search
Register
Buddy Peace "Late Model Sedan" CHECK THIS
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

Ardamus315

Buddy Peace wrote:
I've updated my blog page as well. I just wanted to give a history of how I got here I guess. I started yesterday and didn't stop, and while I know it is self indulgent I thought I'd get it out the way now and just have it up there as a kind of autobiography, in case people wonder who I am. I'm sure people will, I expect it! Hopefully this gives some idea anyway. It's way abbreviated but even like that it's crazy long... It's the only way I could do it...

http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/let-me-start-from-the-beginning/

Cheers, and if you read the whole thing you're crazy. But thank you. Okay not crazy... Dedicated. I appreciate it.

i used to play the hell out of that Likwit single on vinyl. you put in some work and you know your music. mucho props.

congrads on the release, too.
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:44 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

And in case anyone missed it, there's a free download as Clip of the Week on the front page of www.StrangeFamous.com right now.
Bottom right hand corner.

Download it, listen to it, enjoy it, then get the rest.

it's the jammy.
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:29 pm
DM

Looking forward to this!!!

CONGRATS BUDDY P!
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:05 pm
Joshua Kane

Man, I'm diggin this. TRIPPY PHAT BEATZ.
Post Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:51 pm
Alan Hague

Definitely going to check this out when I get to a computer with working speakers; I'm excited for it.
Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:04 pm
sequence

I was surprised at how sparse and ambient the project is; it took me somewhat off guard at first as I was expecting something much more akin to the production work on House Of Bees Vol.1. That being said, after two listens, I'm way into it. It made a great soundtrack to a long walk yesterday. Well done.
Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:47 pm
Buddy Peace

Some parts are minimal, definitely. A lot of the whole album was done as far back as 2004, with a few tracks done each year since but there was a lot that I finished up last year. House Of Bees is the most recent, up to date project and there was definitely no room for the reflective instrumental stuff!

The edits on Late Model Sedan are in there though - there are parts where there is a lot going on behind the scenes which may not be that obvious on the first listen...

Thanks for your comments, glad you've heard it! Nice one.
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:30 am
coma emilio

i just got done listening to this and i must say i'll never know where you get all those cool vocal samples from. you must live your life with your finger hovering over the record button.

i also really liked the two choir parts... the kids singing and the normal choir.

much enjoyed it was, brought me back to the halcyon days of getting mixes in the post. ahhhh.

cheers buddy.
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:42 am
Buddy Peace

Cheers Ronnie Coma - great stuff man, much appreciated. I have to send you a photo of the Coma Emilio physical discography which I am the proud owner of - I've got a good 20 or so full length albums from you now... I went through them the other day, incredible...

Just a quick update - a kind of low key update really as the chances of much happening are slim - I'm on Twitter now too. My name is buddypeace1980, as someone, for whatever reason he saw fit, decided to take my artist name on there. Don't even entertain this dude by checking him, he's absolutely unrelated and it's pretty amusing that in the age of a one click internet search he still went ahead and did it. Still! Better get on anyway.

I haven't had much chance to get on the physical copies yet - I mean they're made but the rest will take some time. I'm moving right now too which is a slow kind of death but that'll be done soon. Not long now anyway.

Again, thank you for listening if you got hold of the album. I hope it's been serving you well.
Post Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:46 am
Joshua Kane

Buddy Peace wrote:

Again, thank you for listening if you got hold of the album. I hope it's been serving you well.

Hey Buddy, your album is growing on me daily - its deep yo! Yesterday I had it up in a mix with Vibert's new one and a recent RjD2 instrumental as I was driving North from SD in SoCal- so trippy & dope, sometimes just totally perplexed as to which song belonged to which artist, although it became clear pretty quick. Anyways, your piece of bombtastic beat art is spicing up my late summer, and I do appreciate it!
Peace Buddy Peace!
Post Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:59 am
Buddy Peace

Sick, thanks loads - that's great to hear. Awesome that you're listening to Luke Vibert too - I used to listen to a fair bit of his stuff too so that makes me happy. I hope it does seep in gradually - I threw so much at it that I don't expect it to just connect right away, but however it does, that's really cool to hear. Respect!
Post Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:38 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

unstickified!
Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:04 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2