Search
Register
My new blog about Jared Paul & Lord of the Rings
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

My new blog about Jared Paul & Lord of the Rings  Reply with quote  

http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/pfa-returns-home-jared-paul-drops-jrr-science/

I'd post the words here, but I spent time putting pictures and a video link in the blog. So don't make me work than I need to, guys. Have fun.

Other than my blog, a lot of the other SFR artists have posted new ones as well.
Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:09 pm
prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.

Very funny stuff Sirs.

mem
Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:21 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Dj Mayonnaise

"this old fuck aint magic"
classic
Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:22 pm
Reggie

This is exactly how I feel about Ron Paul supporters and 9/11 Truthers have watered down The Illuminatus! Trilogy.

Wilson and Shea set a standard. Stop taking the easy route.
Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:56 pm
Disharmony

Wait, why would Smaug help Morodor?
Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:04 pm
futuristxen

Haha that's wonderful.

My mom also has those bible looking thomes of lord of the rings. She was never able to convince me to read them though. It all seems so ponderous.
Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:43 pm
BR

Dj Mayonnaise wrote:
classic

Hell yeah. I used to crack up to some old WKUK skits. Is that show still on? I don't get IFC anymore.
Post Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:14 am
prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.

BR wrote:
Dj Mayonnaise wrote:
classic

Hell yeah. I used to crack up to some old WKUK skits. Is that show still on? I don't get IFC anymore.

i think it comes on really late or it's on CC or adult swim i cant remember, but i do remember seeing it recently.
Post Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:19 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Smurf Stomper

Disharmony wrote:

Smaug was evil as shit man. Just because he was chilling in the cave with his treasure during the hobbit, you have to realize he amassed that wealth somehow. I'm sure if he would have been around during the war in Lord of the Rings, he would have gladly joined up with Mordor to increase his wealth. Come on now. I hope Jared Paul doesn't see this and come in here and school you on some Middle Earth history.
Post Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:02 pm
Jared Paul

Smurf Stomper wrote:
Disharmony wrote:

Smaug was evil as shit man. Just because he was chilling in the cave with his treasure during the hobbit, you have to realize he amassed that wealth somehow. I'm sure if he would have been around during the war in Lord of the Rings, he would have gladly joined up with Mordor to increase his wealth. Come on now. I hope Jared Paul doesn't see this and come in here and school you on some Middle Earth history.

Thank you. The drakes, (Dragons) winged and non, were created by Melkor specifically for the purpose of destruction. Smaug was arguably the last living dragon in Middle Earth, and almost certainly the only active/awake. He terrorized and killed hundreds. Laid whole towns to waste. Dwarves and men. Erebor and Esgaroth are geographically located just a shade northeast of Mirkwood- had Smaug been alive at the time of the Great War he would've unquestionably taken part in the turmoil, and with him in the mix, even the combined forces would've been no match for the dispatches from Dol Goldur and Mordor assigned to that area. And after everything was laid to waste there, he would've almost certainly gone on and participated in the assault on Lorien (just south west of the southern most part of Mirkwood) or maybe even directly to help smash the united armies of the West on the Morannon fields/the Black Gate.

And that's all with OUT the ring. Had Sauron had the ring, as he almost certainly would have if Gandalf didn't take Bilbo on the expedition with the dwarves years before, he would've been able to literally command Smaug, same as he could the Nazgul.

Would the Ring have lain dormant with Gollum under the mountains if their party had never come through? Maybe. But that's a big maybe. It is more likely that as Sauron's power grew and the ring awoke, he would've been able to call Gollum and the the ring to him... which again, would've led to the destruction of all Middle Earth.

The chances of them destroying the ring were almost impossible. So many things had to happen exactly right. It's a big part of why the story is so special.

Last edited by Jared Paul on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:32 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Confidential

Y'all are speaking a different language. I have no clue what you're talking about.
Post Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:30 pm
Travadone

i dont get the popularity over dildo baggins and the shitty hobbits.

or harry potter shit.
Post Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:49 pm
Jared Paul

Confidential wrote:
Y'all are speaking a different language. I have no clue what you're talking about.

The Hobbit was the first Novel, the Fellowship of the Ring, the Two Towers, and the Return of the King were written after... but Tolkien had ideas for creating the whole fantasy universe throughout his life. The Silmarillion was a text book or historical work that came later which told, almost in a Humanities format, of everything in Middle Earth. From the creator, Illuvatar, establishing the Universe to the chaos of Melkor, through the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Ages of Middle Earth. Additionally, more stories and pieces of Tolkien's universe were published via the texts of "the Lays of Beleriand" and "Unfinished Tales." All told it's probably 3,000-4,000 pages of reading.

My father read the Hobbit to my sister and I when we were young, and we've all been reading and rereading the stories since. If it hits ya the right way it's magic for sure.
Post Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:39 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Disharmony

Jared Paul wrote:
Smurf Stomper wrote:
Disharmony wrote:

Thank you. The drakes, (Dragons) winged and non, were created by Melkor specifically for the purpose of destruction. Smaug was arguably the last living dragon in Middle Earth, and almost certainly the only active/awake. He terrorized and killed hundreds. Laid whole towns to waste. Dwarves and men. Erebor and Escargoth are geographically located just a shade northeast of Mirkwood- had Smaug been alive at the time of the Great War he would've unquestionably taken part in the turmoil, and even the combined forces there would've been no match for the dispatches from Dol Goldur and Mordor assigned to that area. And after everything was laid to waste there, he would've almost certainly gone on and participated in the assault on Lorien (just south west of the southern most part of Mirkwood) or maybe even directly to help smash the united armies of the West on the Morannon fields/the Black Gate.

And that's all with OUT the ring. Had Sauron had the ring, as he almost certainly would have if Gandalf didn't take Bilbo on the expedition with the dwarves years before, he would've been able to literally command Smaug, same as he could the Nazgul.

Would the Ring have lain dormant with Gollum under the mountains if their party had never come through? Maybe. But that's a big maybe. It is more likely that as Sauron's power grew and the ring awoke, he would've been able to call Gollum and the the ring to him... which again, would've led to the destruction of all Middle Earth.

The chances of them destroying the ring were almost impossible. So many things had to happen exactly right. It's a big part of why the story is so special.
I was under the impression Smaug was over caring about those type of things anymore. He just wanted to sit on his dragon ass and sleep on his treasures.

Oh yeah, Jared, did you enjoy the animated movie about the Hobbit? When I was a kid me and my friend would go to the public library and rent that movie for free all the time. Shit, when I was a teenager even. To this day I can watch it. I know it doesn't even stand close to the book, but yeah.

THEEEE GREATESTTTTTT ADVENTURRRRRE AND WHATTTTT LIESSSSS AHEADDDDD!
Post Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:08 pm
adic

Haha...."Wanna tell me how the fuck long you had a giant god damned fuckin eagle"

Jared's knowledge of middle earth is impressive, some next level shit
Post Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:41 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next