Search
Register
If u weren't aware, the army is not like the commercials!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Jared Paul

CriticalTheory_Breakfast wrote:
Jared Paul wrote:
Smurf Stomper wrote:
The military is so intriguing to me. Every time I'm at the movies and the National Guard commercial comes on, I get the itch to join up. I like the idea of being able to defend our country and helping out in natural disasters. Then I realize that I would probably end up being nothing more than a glorified security guard for some rich ass corporation.

Since Obama has been in office, I have considered it a bit more seriously though...

Whenever I see military commercials or 3 Doors Down "Citizen Soldier" propaganda music videos come up during movie previews I BOOOOOOOO. Loudly. A couple times other people have boooed along with me, usually it just gets really quiet and awkward, and my mom pinches my arm, and whispers angrily like we were in church back in the day. Sometimes people people, other times they want to argue- that's when the fun begins.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

haha ohhh the 3 Doors Down music video. I forgot about that.

Christ. It brings up so many questions. and no answers. I'll try booing next time.

Also, Jared are you suggesting that you booed loudly during church? That's a whole new level right there.

Nah, I'd a got whooped for that. But once my sister and I would get to laughing in church it was hard for us to stop. Maybe a glob of spit would fly out of pastor's mouth in a certain way, or one of us would fart accidentally or some old guy sitting next to us would... and we just couldn't keep it in. We'd laugh so hard we'd have to block our noses and mouths just to keep from bursting out loud. And my Mom would do that gritting teeth Mom whisper for us to be quiet and pinch our arms really hard... but when we still wouldn't stop... she'd start laughing too. Which made it even worse.

My Mom does the same thing now when I BOOOOOOO at military adverts and car commercials before movies; it feels almost exactly the same. It's quite nostalgic.
Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:59 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Disharmony

Is it like COD4 at least?
Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:01 am
metachronos

Jared Paul wrote:
Smurf Stomper wrote:
The military is so intriguing to me. Every time I'm at the movies and the National Guard commercial comes on, I get the itch to join up. I like the idea of being able to defend our country and helping out in natural disasters. Then I realize that I would probably end up being nothing more than a glorified security guard for some rich ass corporation.

Since Obama has been in office, I have considered it a bit more seriously though...

Whenever I see military commercials or 3 Doors Down "Citizen Soldier" propaganda music videos come up during movie previews I BOOOOOOOO. Loudly. A couple times other people have boooed along with me, usually it just gets really quiet and awkward, and my mom pinches my arm, and whispers angrily like we were in church back in the day. Sometimes people people, other times they want to argue- that's when the fun begins.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Good on you for booing, 3 doors down blows. How often do you see movies with your mom? Not trolling or anything, I'm genuinely curious. I rarely see movies with my parents. The lat two times I saw a movie with my dad, we were on family vacation and I had no one else to go with. The movies we saw were awesome too( District 9 this year and The Dark Knight last summer).

It seems like in church, stuff that isn't that funny becomes hilarious just because you aren't supposed to laugh.
Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:13 am
prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.

Well ,hot damn, i was really looking forward to hoppin' in the line of fire for the most ridiculous non- cause ever.
Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:26 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
poisonfree

Disharmony wrote:
Is it like COD4 at least?

no respawns but besides that it's exactly the same.
Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:41 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jared Paul

metachronos wrote:
Good on you for booing, 3 doors down blows. How often do you see movies with your mom? Not trolling or anything, I'm genuinely curious. I rarely see movies with my parents. The last two times I saw a movie with my dad, we were on family vacation and I had no one else to go with. The movies we saw were awesome too( District 9 this year and The Dark Knight last summer).

It seems like in church, stuff that isn't that funny becomes hilarious just because you aren't supposed to laugh.

My Mom and I usually go to the movies twice a month or so... we play Scrabble too. She's a rock star. Church was definitely funnier because you weren't supposed to laugh, but it was also funny just out of sheer ridiculousness. Seeing people nodding off, or uptight snobby types getting caught picking their noses, or pastor trying to whoop it up extra loud when it seemed like he was losing control. It was the funniest thing in the world to us sometimes.
Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:43 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jared Paul

metachronos wrote:
Good on you for booing, 3 doors down blows. How often do you see movies with your mom? Not trolling or anything, I'm genuinely curious. I rarely see movies with my parents. The last two times I saw a movie with my dad, we were on family vacation and I had no one else to go with. The movies we saw were awesome too( District 9 this year and The Dark Knight last summer).

My Mom and I usually go to the movies twice a month or so... we play Scrabble too. She's a rock star. Church was definitely funnier because you weren't supposed to laugh, but it was also funny just out of sheer ridiculousness. Seeing people nodding off, or uptight snobby types getting caught picking their noses, or pastor trying to whoop it up extra loud when it seemed like he was losing control. It was the funniest thing in the world to us sometimes.
Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:44 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2