Search
Register
Favorite liquor
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.

And yes, I know I didn't hallucinate when i made it, but damn did I get a lil out of hand. Much fun.

mem
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:30 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Prontoid

Sage Francis wrote:
prolific memorie wrote:
Jabsent wrote:

who wants to go crazy

I am with you on this!
Done the real stuff 2x, very hard for me to get here in the states.

I also prefer Frangellico,Grey Goose, Sailor Jerry.

mem

A common misconception. The reputation that Absinthe received is not accurate. It's simply a higher volume of alcohol. It is not a hallucinogenic. I need to invest in a liquor company. A fancy one. Perhaps Absinthe related and bank off of myth.

That's one of the stranger posts from you....and you're absolutely correct...Absinthe has zero hallucinogenic properties which are not enjoyed by other alcoholic drinks…its just super high in alcohol content…That’s why some people light it before drinking it to reduce some of the alcohol..

Even the “real” stuff with Wormwood in it has had its hallucinogenic properties fictionalised…

The main thing about Absinthe is that the process of preparing it with sugar and spoon is quite an enjoyable ritual and the way it looks when it mixes with the sugar is fun…
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:37 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I'm intrigued by ritual.
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:43 pm
prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.

Yes it is neat to play with fire while extremely intoxicated!And watching sugar melt and drip in to green stuff is nice, very nice.

mem
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:00 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Prontoid

Much more healthy than other rituals involving fire and spoons for sure
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:07 pm
Captiv8

So the hallucination stuff really is a myth, eh? The fucking absinthe spin machine is out of control! I thought when I had some of the stuff in Europe I was going to have a cosmic experience, but instead I only received a sizable bar tab.
Post Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:19 am
Mark in Minnesota

The best bourbon I ever has was something a friend of mine brought back from Kentucky, Black Maple Hill bourbon -- it had been aged eight years or so.
The best bourbon I have in my house was a housewarming gift from the same friend: Elijah Craig 18 year single barrel
Hendrick's Gin is good stuff, but I'm not enough of a gin drinker to spend that kind of money regularly.

Most of my favorite mixed drinks have either Bailey's Irish Cream or Kahlua in them -- or both. Although, I do also really enjoy Jim Beam and Diet Coke with a dash of bitters.
Post Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:22 am
Confidential

Sage Francis wrote:

I need to invest in a liquor company. A fancy one. Perhaps Absinthe related and bank off of myth.

http://tequilaalquimia.blogspot.com/
This is high end tequila produced by a friend of the family. certified organic. very smooth. tequila, by definition needs to come from a certain region in Mex to be truly so-called, the same with champagne in france i believe. anyway this is it. You can bank of the myth of a harmonious spanish-indian fusion demonstrated through this fine liquor.
Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:18 am
Stumbleweed

Does anyone have a kick-ass Sangria recipe? Having a dinner/ice cream party on Sunday and want a few nice pitchers of sangria. This is what I'm working off of right now, probably using spiced rum and something super-dry for the wine:

* 2 lemons
* 2 limes
* 2 oranges
* 3 cups rum
* 1 cup white sugar
* 2 (750 milliliter) bottles dry red wine
* 2 cups orange juice

I'll be chopping a ton of apples and pears also, which seem to soak up the booze and taste nice with all the other flavors, but wanted to see if anyone had other suggestions. I know one of my professors made a serious-ass one with 3 liquors (brandy as the main one) that blew me away, but it's his secret recipe.
Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:04 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Prontoid

That looks like a good recipe - Im a big fan of the fruit so I would chuck in an assortment of berries and ish as well
Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:49 pm
poisonfree

Confidential wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:

I need to invest in a liquor company. A fancy one. Perhaps Absinthe related and bank off of myth.

This is high end tequila produced by a friend of the family. certified organic. very smooth. tequila, by definition needs to come from a certain region in Mex to be truly so-called, the same with champagne in france i believe. anyway this is it. You can bank of the myth of a harmonious spanish-indian fusion demonstrated through this fine liquor.

The city of Tequila perhaps?

that's where a majority of the distilleries are.

They grow the Agave plants though mostly in Jalisco, Guanajato, and in some of the Michoacan.
Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:56 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Prontoid

poisonfree wrote:
Confidential wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:

The city of Tequila perhaps?

that's where a majority of the distilleries are.

They grow the Agave plants though mostly in Jalisco, Guanajato, and in some of the Michoacan.

City of Tequila is next to the City of Gold I think
Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:06 pm
sandman00000

Stumbleweed wrote:
Does anyone have a kick-ass Sangria recipe? Having a dinner/ice cream party on Sunday and want a few nice pitchers of sangria. This is what I'm working off of right now, probably using spiced rum and something super-dry for the wine:

* 2 lemons
* 2 limes
* 2 oranges
* 3 cups rum
* 1 cup white sugar
* 2 (750 milliliter) bottles dry red wine
* 2 cups orange juice

I'll be chopping a ton of apples and pears also, which seem to soak up the booze and taste nice with all the other flavors, but wanted to see if anyone had other suggestions. I know one of my professors made a serious-ass one with 3 liquors (brandy as the main one) that blew me away, but it's his secret recipe.

ditch the sugar

never had it with rum, I usually add some cheap brandy, though
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:39 pm
sandman00000

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:40 pm
Stumbleweed

I only used a little bit of sugar since I used some Arrowhead sparkling lime water instead of Sprite. But yeah, it was a big 1.5L bottle of cheap Vendange Merlot, about 1/2 cup of dark rum, and all the fruit basically. Turned out well, I added slightly more run to the 2nd batch and it kinds snuck up on me... woke up with a mild case of the spins for the first time in a long time ha.

Party was cool -- I used every utensil, pan, and storage container in my house it seems like, but everyone loved the food, especially the homemade pupusas, tortillas, and salsas. Got leftovers for the next week and didn't even get into the chicken and ground beef I bought.
Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:46 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next