Search
Register
Buddy Peace "Late Model Sedan" CHECK THIS
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

SFR announcement

Buddy Peace "Late Model Sedan" CHECK THIS  Reply with quote  

Boom. Surprize.

Strange Famous Records´┐Ż secret weapon Buddy Peace takes you on a sonic odyssey with his official debut digital release "Late Model Sedan"!

Available on all digital sites NOW, or here at SFRstore.com!
http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/store/buddy-peace-late-model-sedan-mp3-download-p-309.html

Journey along a highway littered with electronic hip-hop, fractured spoken word, hypnotic drones, and ferocious straight up beat programming, finished off with the type of fine American sparkle that only a UK production whiz could provide. "Late Model Sedan" is as mesmerizing when the needle hits 100 as it is while sitting proudly in the driveway, the rare instrumental epic that demands your attention from start to finish.

Buddy Peace gives his break down in this Late Model Sedan Operator's Manual:
http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/buddy-peace-late-model-sedan-drops-tomorrow

Last edited by SFR announcement on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:29 pm
xxdr. mad69xx

Will there be hard copies available? I want one of those "care packages" I've heard about.
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:32 pm
SFR announcement

There won't be an official SFR physical release of this one, only digital.

As far as anything Buddy has plans for, he'll have to weigh in when he reads this.
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:40 pm
Buddy Peace

Looking good!

I'm crazy excited, I have been ever since I knew this was going to happen. Amped as hell. Thanks so much as always to Sage, B Dolan, Storm, and the entire SFR and SFF fellowship, and everyone who's been there since the days of way back.

I've made some physical copies in the form of semi-mass produced care packages, but I need to finish them off a bit and do some more so there should be some form of announcement when that happens. But it will! Digital is what's up with this though.

I sincerely hope you enjoy. Thanks in abundance to allay'all and if you get it, have fun.
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:53 pm
xxdr. mad69xx

I'm still going to download it.
But when those hard copies are available, let me know.
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:00 pm
SFR announcement

The first review is in!

"Turntable genius and mixtape maestro Buddy Peace returns with his first official digital long-player, released on the Strange Famous label. Blending together supremely artful drum-sculpting with snippets of more abstract sounds (as well as a wide-ranging palette of vocal samples, this makes for one of this year's more interesting and organically experimental hip hop instrumental suites. More so than on most albums of this ilk, Buddy's music really takes you on a journey of some sort, but better still, along the way your travelling companions will be a dazzling array of beats, ranging from dark and jazzy, off-kilter figures (as on 'Hawkstring Corpse') to heavier, hiss-laden break treatments ('Arcade Murderflash'). Expertly put together and inventive throughout, Late Model Sedan comes recommended to all open-minded hip hop heads." - Boomkat.com
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:15 pm
Buddy Peace

Yes! Manchester's finest right there yo...
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:22 pm
xxdr. mad69xx

I'm really excited to hear this.
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:24 pm
Captiv8

This sounds very exciting! Good for you, Buddy!
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:35 pm
prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.

Got!!! Thanks to all for sharing.

me
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:15 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Buddy Peace

I've updated my blog page as well. I just wanted to give a history of how I got here I guess. I started yesterday and didn't stop, and while I know it is self indulgent I thought I'd get it out the way now and just have it up there as a kind of autobiography, in case people wonder who I am. I'm sure people will, I expect it! Hopefully this gives some idea anyway. It's way abbreviated but even like that it's crazy long... It's the only way I could do it...

http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/let-me-start-from-the-beginning/

Cheers, and if you read the whole thing you're crazy. But thank you. Okay not crazy... Dedicated. I appreciate it.
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:22 am
Bring that Beat Back

Awesome. I had (still have) a Yamaha SU10. My roomate at the time had a Roland W30 and moved out. I desperately needed a sampler but didn't have a lot of money. It was pretty dope for how small and compact it was. Loved the precise looping and that it had a sequencer. Sample space was always the issue but I used every trick to fill every pad for most tracks. The other downfall (thing that hurt) was I had no computer or anyway of saving the sample sets so whe I wanted to create a new song, I had to delete what was on there. So I'd record it to tape and then clear the banks. Ouch that hurt.

Anyway, really looking forward to this Buddy. The older hip-hop and heavy beats shine through in your music and are right up my alley. Congrats on finishing such a long standing project. A lot of people leave these unfinished. Must feel good and on SFR no less.
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:33 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

If hard copies are made, it will be very few.
As you know, Buddy Peace puts together immaculate packaging.
I'll be first in line for that jammy.

I'm unstickying this topic for now just so it can float among the other threads before it gets permanently pasted up on top.

I'd like to thank Buddy Peace for everything he does. And thank you for correcting me when I almost released this as "Late Model Sudan"
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:10 pm
Buddy Peace

I can only imagine the confusion that would have caused...

Handmade jammies are being worked on and shall be along - as Sage said - in short quantity soon...

Thanks, as always, for listening folks!
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:06 pm
Joshua Kane

I bought & downloaded this, listening to it now - DIGGIN IT! Unique and highly creative, endlessly interesting, a bit on the Vibert tip (which I also dig). Good work Buddy Peace!
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:32 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next