Search
Register
Favorite liquor
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

mancabbage

sailor jerrys is good but usually tequilla for me.
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:34 pm
Stumbleweed

I'm definitely a beer nerd over wine/liquor, but I will soon make my own limoncello. Had some house-made at Osteria Marco the other night and really enjoyed it, so I'm gonna go to work on a batch soon. Shitload of lemon zest, 100+ proof vodka, and a simple syrup to sweeten the deal once everything's steeped for about a month and then filtered.
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:38 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Disharmony

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:25 pm
Hellen Earth
could be a girl. could be a guy.

I like sipping on Jaegermeister. Red Bull and retard frat dude totally gave Jaeger a bad name. It is a traditional after dinner drink that aids in digestion, and gives me a nice warm buzz.

I don't usually drink beer, but when I do, it's Dos Equis, with shots of Don Julio on the side.
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:25 pm
RealJustice

That Eagle's Rare is a good buy, and the Evan Williams Special Reserve is pretty good too, for around 20 bucks/fifth.

I probably drink more vodka than any other booze, but Balvenie scotch is my jam. Especially the Double Wood. That port cask imparts this little sweet richness on the end that does it for me anytime.

In the summer, Gosling's Black Seal is the cat's pjs when mixed with some spicy ginger beer. I wish I could get that Dogfishhead Rum, cause I've heard many nice things.

++For those of you who dislike rum because it is sweet, check out aged rums (typically labeled extra old or extra aged). St. James Hours D' Age is the scotch of rums. Deep, rich, smoky(!), and smooooooooth. Pricey, but if you can, try it out and you will not be disappointed.++

I have found that traditional liqueurs are usually pretty good. Pimm's Cup, Campari, Limoncello, and Aquavit all have a special place in my heart
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:43 pm
Jabsent

who wants to go crazy
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:51 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

MorallyBass wrote:
You've got great taste in the Eagle Rare, Icarus. The 17 year is especially dope. I always buy up the 2-3 bottles that come to my local store around Christmas every year. I'm a big fan.

Never had the 17 year! I'm too poor. I'll ask for a bottle for Xmas. I've been told that it's very different from the 10 year.
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:54 pm
SlickWillyP
HILL GIANT

whiskey- bookers. bulliet. jack. in that order.

rum- sailor jerry's. except no substitute. it is literally the ultimate mixer.

vodka- not my drink, but when i do...it's reyka. from island. allegedly filtered through lava rocks. even if it is not, it is definitely the most delicious vodka ever. no chemical taste.

liqueur- st. Germaine. for real. i am not a cocktail person but this is an elderberry liqueur that will blow you mind. i put it in champagne and seltzer water...but the combos are endless.
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:18 pm
metachronos

Makers, Knob Creek, Sailor Jerry, grey goose, blueberry stoli, goldschlager
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:29 pm
phataccino

Stumbleweed wrote:
I'm definitely a beer nerd over wine/liquor, but I will soon make my own limoncello. Had some house-made at Osteria Marco the other night and really enjoyed it, so I'm gonna go to work on a batch soon. Shitload of lemon zest, 100+ proof vodka, and a simple syrup to sweeten the deal once everything's steeped for about a month and then filtered.

I'm going to be making a batch myself. I've been waiting until I can get to my Grandma's house to get some lemons off her trees, but it's looking like that may not happen this summer, so I might just have to go with store bought. Anyway, I've checked out a few different recipes, the one I'm going with takes a little longer and is a little more labor intensive, but looks like it should be pretty good. I'm using 190-proof Everclear. It's supposed to have less residual flavor than vodka, and the higher alcohol content helps extract the lemon oils. Anyway, once you get yours going I'd be interested hearing about the process and how it turns out.

Anyway, my staples are generally Tanqueray, Jack Daniel's, Captain Morgan, Jose Cuervo, or Crown Royal, depending on what I'm in the mood for. I never really go top top shelf with liquor, but if I want to step it up a bit I'll generally with with single barrel Jack, Captain Morgan Private Reserve, Patron Silver, or Pendleton Whiskey.
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:02 pm
Bandini
WIZARD APPRENTICE

I'm not typically one for flavored liquor -- I usually drink knob creek or glenfiddich -- but I bought a bottle of blackberry stoli recently and man is that stuff good. i wouldnt drink it straight, but mixed with soda water, it cant be beat for refreshment on a hot summer day.
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:27 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Oh Daesu

That eagle rare has a fancy bottle. Very Smart looking. Wonder if its available up here. Because you know, that's how I choose my booze.
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:58 pm
prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.

Jabsent wrote:

who wants to go crazy

I am with you on this!
Done the real stuff 2x, very hard for me to get here in the states.

I also prefer Frangellico,Grey Goose, Sailor Jerry.

mem
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:34 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
dri

I'm goona try that bombardo vodka zag, sounds mighty good.

I react different with different drinks. Its smart for me to stay away from whiskey and tequila.
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:02 pm
Ananasakäämä

I never drink expensive whiskies, but this one's the best I've tasted recently:

This is the best if you wanna drink lots:

Russian vodka is ALWAYS good:
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:58 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next