Search
Register
Lets Boycott Whole Foods
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

futuristxen

I've been boycotting whole foods ever since I went in there. Shit is too expensive. And I'm not a vegan.
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:11 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

futuristxen wrote:
I've been boycotting whole foods ever since I went in there. Shit is too expensive. And I'm not a vegan.

I'm not a vegan, either. I'm an omnivore on a fixed-if-somewhat-high food budget for my family of four. Whole Foods is a good place to get local/free-range/organic chicken and vegetables, fish that are accurately sourced, decent cheeses, bulk grains, and wine in one stop. It's convenient in that way. I know it's expensive but, at this juncture, I can afford the expense (in a weird way) and I like to know that the high prices actually do go to support farmers and to decent wages and health care for their (albeit non-unionized) employees.
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:15 am
GrantherBirdly
D&D addict

icarus502 wrote:
futuristxen wrote:

I'm not a vegan, either. I'm an omnivore on a fixed-if-somewhat-high food budget for my family of four. Whole Foods is a good place to get local/free-range/organic chicken and vegetables, fish that are accurately sourced, decent cheeses, bulk grains, and wine in one stop. It's convenient in that way. I know it's expensive but, at this juncture, I can afford the expense (in a weird way) and I like to know that the high prices actually do go to support farmers and to decent wages and health care for their (albeit non-unionized) employees.

you don't have a local co-op in Ann Arbor?
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:53 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

It's nice. It's too hard to get all of your groceries from there, though. There's a really, really, good farmer's market, twice/week. And there are several local WF-lite places that I can't, unfortunately, shop at. Plus there are 2 WFs there! There are only 100,000 people in town. The entire population could basically fit in the football stadium, and they need two WFs.
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:02 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5