Search
Register
So... what's up with healthcare exactly?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

poisonfree

Inedible Condiment wrote:
Just to chime in on #2 ... here in Canada, there defintely are times when someone needs a particular medcation or treatment to live and the government just say "sorry, it's too expensive.."

Yeah that happens in the USA, a lot more than there, which is one facet of the problem.
Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:13 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
McTools

Re: So... what's up with healthcare exactly?  Reply with quote  

crash wrote:

a majority of americans still support universal care. but somehow, while supporting universal care, they also oppose obama's plan more than they like it. the disconnect is ridiculous. it really shows the effectiveness of the republican machine.

This is silly, I support Universal Health care very strongly, but I don't think what Obama's trying to do it right. There are many ways to go about setting up a system like this, I just don't think they're doing is the right solution, the I guess I should say the best one. A statement like that really shows the effectiveness of the democratic machine. If you believe in a two party system...
Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:41 pm
mancabbage

Majawala wrote:
mancabbage wrote:

Nhs ain't perfect, by a long way (getting fucking hocus pocus homeopathic shit on nhs wtf).. but bah, its good.

i bet cause its cheap as and lots of studies have shown the power of the placebo effect.

shit aint cheap mate, millions on those vials of water. them hippies can go fuck themselves as far as im concerned
Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:49 pm
Scottie

McTools wrote:
crash wrote:

a majority of americans still support universal care. but somehow, while supporting universal care, they also oppose obama's plan more than they like it. the disconnect is ridiculous. it really shows the effectiveness of the republican machine.

This is silly, I support Universal Health care very strongly, but I don't think what Obama's trying to do it right. There are many ways to go about setting up a system like this, I just don't think they're doing is the right solution, the I guess I should say the best one. A statement like that really shows the effectiveness of the democratic machine. If you believe in a two party system...

All Obama did was set out a basic outline of what he wanted in the plan. There are two bills in house and one in the senate being debated and worked on right now. We are not sure how the end plan will look exactly.

What is it that in these three draft bills that does not seem right to you?

Here is the bills side by side of the proposed bills for your reference

http://www.kff.org/healthreform/upload/healthreform_sbs_full.pdf

Edit:

Reread I think you were just paraphrasing from the mentioned poll results, sorry. It still just shows the ignorance of people that say in Obama's plan. He has not written any of the plan(s!) just given guidelines. People yelling about it really do not even understand how our process works.
Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:49 pm
McTools

Scottie wrote:
McTools wrote:
crash wrote:

All Obama did was set out a basic outline of what he wanted in the plan. There are two bills in house and one in the senate being debated and worked on right now. We are not sure how the end plan will look exactly.

What is it that in these three draft bills that does not seem right to you?

Here is the bills side by side of the proposed bills for your reference

http://www.kff.org/healthreform/upload/healthreform_sbs_full.pdf

Edit:

Reread I think you were just paraphrasing from the mentioned poll results, sorry. It still just shows the ignorance of people that say in Obama's plan. He has not written any of the plan(s!) just given guidelines. People yelling about it really do not even understand how our process works.

Thanks for that chart, that's a great reference for many detail of this issue, the part I have a problem with is the fact that they want us to pay for it like we would a private company. I know that there's a couple plans and that Obama didn't write them, I'll still use his name though since he initiated this and it's his administation and his final work. I've heard Obama say a couple times that he want's it to be compairable to the private companys prices so it doesn't drive them out of buisness, this doesn't work for me. I wonder what it cost to send 50,000 more troops over to Afganistan, or to do those bailouts for companys that went under. I feel we already pay enough money that they could handle our bills if it was what they wanted to do, but they don't. They want to keep getting their percent from the private insurence companys, and then start to make some thing on top of that. I do hope I'm wrong about allot of things, we'll all see what happens. I hope that their final proposition works out well, the pricables seem sound, but the spagetti monster's in the details.
Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:30 pm
Oh Daesu

Inedible Condiment wrote:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2006/11/22/larkin-refuse.html

It's not the best case I can remember, but the only one I can find on the internet for some reason right now... I'll try to look for others later.

Not a great example, if only because medicare and pharmacare are a little different. That sucks though. I have never heard of medical procedures being refused.
Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:03 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5