Search
Register
the official RTB thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Maggot

Sage Francis wrote:
Beantown threw the fuck down today. Best show of them all so far.
House of Bees moshpit was a nice touch.

Damn straight, I made sure I got right up front when all the losers were leaving after M.O.P.. Red Wu Wear jersey and red hat. Sadly the people right in front of me caught the CD you threw out and I never got any broccoli. Kick ass show though, my first time seeing you. Rock the Bells as a whole was way better at the 2nd stage. The main stage had the big names, but the crowd blew.

I did as you said and got my ass to your site and bought some shirts. Loved the fuck LiveNation speech. I'd rather the artist gets most of the cash. I loved the couple extras thrown in with the shirts. I thought the show was great myself. You had the energy and from what I saw the crowd was into it. I can't wait to see another show

Great show as a whole though. I didn't want to leave the front, so I was damn beat and thirsty by the time I left to go see Nas. Couldn't even walk the next day

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:46 pm
Flaco

i went to rock the bells a few years ago where nas and ghostface were the headliners.it was too hot,even in the VIP

might make it out this year
Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:50 am
diane

eyedea & abilities

small asian girls rejoice! sage hitting it into the net.

slick rick!

evidence & alchemist

b.dolan & buckshot talking about huey lewis.

sage trying to roundhouse bernard

i thought climb trees sounded good to start the set.

also, i was in frozen starstruck nerd heaven. pretty exciting to just stand near rza, raekwon, busta rhymes, slick rick, big boi, lil fame and billy danze. i wish i had said something to everlast. i would have asked him about doing the theme song to the tnt drama "saving grace."

also also, why are rappers and djs so short? big boi looked about 5'3"! what an ironic moniker. roc raida was diminutive and buckshot couldn't have been more than 5'4". teeny.
Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:19 pm
Stumbleweed

Haha, I've never seen Sage looking so dapper. Like the hat.
Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:25 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jabsent

laurapalmer wrote:

Wu lite. I already know to expect unintelligible yelling, long pauses where they try to figure out what is next, them late to stage, incoherent in between song thoughts, and the absence of my favorite members

wow, i saw wu last year and that is a incredibly accurate summary of the performance.

I'm glad people are acknowledging and digging K'Naan.
Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:48 pm
iammessage

Sage witness any of the Joe Budden/Rae/Wu Beef supposedly going on?
Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:32 pm
Mr 9999
Judge and Jury

It's Austin!!!
Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:50 pm
vintge
is vintge vince? vince vintge vincge?

damn wish i coulda made it. looks like some good old fun.
Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:28 pm
poisonfree

Sage Francis wrote:
Not the best set up for the side stage. And placing us between M.O.P. and Slaughterhouse in their home city...priceless. It was out in a parking lot. I didn't catch the KRS set, but someone emailed me and said he made the DJ turn off South Bronx instrumental because the "crowd doesn't deserve it." I can't imagine what the crowd was like for him to say that. Or maybe he's just tired of performing that song? Tough call. Every other show the people have gone wild when that beat comes on.

I just got to watch KRS with like 60 people here in Sacramento at a Local Community center, He was literally standing with us just performing his ass off. it was killer, he was way live and on point. played for days and it was like 104F in that place. We got to hear south Bronx. we deserved it.

I was cheap this year, just trying to catch the people that stop by on their way through from SF RTB.
Post Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:58 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
iammessage

mr9999 yes it is Austin haha...who are you? :cry: i know im supposed to know, but i dont.
Post Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:53 am
Mr 9999
Judge and Jury

iamsage
Post Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:23 am
iammessage

faaaantastic
Post Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:57 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4