Profile
Search
Register
Log in
Scribble Jam 2002 re cap...
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Author Message
Tony@Beyond Space



Joined: 02 Jul 2002
Posts: 576
Scribble Jam 2002 re cap...  Reply with quote  

Whats up it was nice to met alot of you guys from the board and thanks to everybody they bought cds from us and our shitty last min. set up at the merch table. Friday was cool got alot of good free cds and met alot of cool people. Saturday was a long dragged out day but it was very cool we shared a mercgh table with this rapper named Sage Francis it was cool to talk with him and watch hime lose $50 to Slug, The b boy battle seemed to last forever and the Dj Battle sound was terrible from back at the table with having 4 diffrent people all playing diffrent music mad confusing. The highlight of the weekend had to be Sage's performance of Makeshift Patriot so so dope.

Low moments of the weekend

You sick fucks who ruined the bathrooms.
Only 1 thing to eat pizza
$2 for a shot glass of pop or $3 for water
People who payed to get into to a Hip Hop event but they would rather buy beer then buy music...

and to the guy who got pizza all over your Sage shirt i really enjoyed that cd...

Peace and thanks
Tony
beyond_space_ent@yahoo.com
Post Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:51 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ecap3



Joined: 08 Jul 2002
Posts: 64
Location: here
.  Reply with quote  

I thought it was wack you couldn't check out the graff without having to leave. Other than that it was good. Props to the Red Bull Tent.
Post Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:58 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
stretchMIND



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 120
yes  Reply with quote  

ok i am just going to come out and say it. There was a huge abundance of good emcees and dj's and b-boys or whatever at scribble. But seriously , its bothering me how commercial it was. Not like, yo man fuck the mainstream, but like kids that really didnt know what was going on were there being like, "hey that guy thats freestlyin' (haha) , isnt funny?!?!! lets boo him". Tons of people were just like, Oh hey RAP MUSIC. LETS GO and trash on everyone putting effort into their acts and battles. I give much thanks for everyone going on with the battles even after all of the people were being rude.
Also nova illa is to ghetto for scribble. He belongs in the streets of mexico selling his virgin body for crack. "I AM TO GHETTO FOR SCRIBBLE, i will just resort to using the n word at the end of each of my verses to prove how carefree and ghetto i am " sorry he is a good artist but when that hippo mc was yelling"kick that ghetto shit!!!!" is just agrovated me.
sorry for talking
Post Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:05 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
duke_city



Joined: 05 Jul 2002
Posts: 3208
Location: San Diego,CA
 Reply with quote  

The bboy battle was the best thing about Scribble Jam. The Jive Turkeys from Dallas battled Motion Disorder until the end. They kept it going that long cause the competition was so fierce.

If you asked nicely they gave you free water. Especially the female bar tenders :) I was unimpressed with both the DJ and MC battle. But the overall feel of the whole event was positive. The graffiti was beautiful and the door people were very cool they allowed me to leave and enter as I pleased even went back to the hotel for a few hours one time to defumigate the second hand posion form my lungs.

It was funny to see some of the people who came up to Sage, some guy asking him about 5 times if a small shirt "really" was a large. I bought everything I could, spent nearly 400 on music, videos, and shirts etc. El-P, RJD2, the Molemen and the Rhyme Sayers people were cool to talk to also, I didn't see a elevated artist ego that whole weekend.

Everyone I talked to was cool and was suprised there was so many people who liked screw music outside of Texas ha ha. Still got the beyond space & Macromaniac stuff to check out.

One thing I really enjoyed was White Castle hamburgers damn we need some of those things in Texas I must have eaten 50 of those things over the 3 day stay.

Nest year I'm bringin my girl to this.

Brian
Post Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:20 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
duke_city



Joined: 05 Jul 2002
Posts: 3208
Location: San Diego,CA
Re: yes  Reply with quote  

stretchMIND wrote:
ok i am just going to come out and say it. There was a huge abundance of good emcees and dj's and b-boys or whatever at scribble. But seriously , its bothering me how commercial it was. Not like, yo man fuck the mainstream, but like kids that really didnt know what was going on were there being like, "hey that guy thats freestlyin' (haha) , isnt funny?!?!! lets boo him". Tons of people were just like, Oh hey RAP MUSIC. LETS GO and trash on everyone putting effort into their acts and battles. I give much thanks for everyone going on with the battles even after all of the people were being rude.
Also nova illa is to ghetto for scribble. He belongs in the streets of mexico selling his virgin body for crack. "I AM TO GHETTO FOR SCRIBBLE, i will just resort to using the n word at the end of each of my verses to prove how carefree and ghetto i am " sorry he is a good artist but when that hippo mc was yelling"kick that ghetto shit!!!!" is just agrovated me.
sorry for talking


That was Ruckus man.

Brian
Post Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:21 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tony@Beyond Space



Joined: 02 Jul 2002
Posts: 576
 Reply with quote  

Were you the guy we were talking about Screw with? we asked almost everybody if they were down with him..

peace

and let me know what you think of the album we have had alot of positive feedback on the Tadow solo people are liking it. Look out for the pro pressed re-release coming some time soon with extra tracks...


I have some copies of the Scribble Jam sampler and the Tadow pre release for sale e-mail me if you want to order both for $14 shipped beyond_space_ent@yahoo.com or IM me BeyondSpaceDYT

thanks
Post Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:25 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
duke_city



Joined: 05 Jul 2002
Posts: 3208
Location: San Diego,CA
 Reply with quote  

BeyondSpaceEnt wrote:
Were you the guy we were talking about Screw with? we asked almost everybody if they were down with him..

peace

and let me know what you think of the album we have had alot of positive feedback on the Tadow solo people are liking it. Look out for the pro pressed re-release coming some time soon with extra tracks...


I have some copies of the Scribble Jam sampler and the Tadow pre release for sale e-mail me if you want to order both for $14 shipped beyond_space_ent@yahoo.com or IM me BeyondSpaceDYT

thanks


Yeah that was me. I'll hit you up with some feedback as soon as I have a chance.

Brian
Post Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:39 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MessiahCarey



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 10924
Re: .  Reply with quote  

Ecap3 wrote:
Props to the Red Bull Tent.


No doubt.

Peace,
Shane
Post Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:06 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Satyre



Joined: 03 Jul 2002
Posts: 753
Location: Indianapolis
 Reply with quote  

You were there all fucking day at least one day I seen you...
Post Tue Aug 13, 2002 11:01 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MessiahCarey



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 10924
 Reply with quote  

Satyre wrote:
You were there all fucking day at least one day I seen you...


It was the allure of the gigglestick.

I had so much fun.

Peace,
Shane
Post Tue Aug 13, 2002 12:23 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Prime



Joined: 13 Aug 2002
Posts: 2
not too sound like a dick, but....  Reply with quote  

Last Time I checked, hip hop was ghetto.
Post Tue Aug 13, 2002 12:47 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MessiahCarey



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 10924
Re: Scribble Jam 2002 re cap...  Reply with quote  

BeyondSpaceEnt wrote:

and to the guy who got pizza all over your Sage shirt i really enjoyed that cd...



Oh shit...didn't even see that.

Thanks!

Peace,
Shane
Post Wed Aug 14, 2002 12:58 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Satyre



Joined: 03 Jul 2002
Posts: 753
Location: Indianapolis
Re: not too sound like a dick, but....  Reply with quote  

Prime wrote:
Last Time I checked, hip hop was ghetto.


Prime, I thought you knew mofugga...Lol...I enjoyed the freestyle session at the end P...
Post Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:17 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Tru-Le



Joined: 14 Aug 2002
Posts: 2
hey dallasboy  Reply with quote  

I'm glad that you thought the door people were nice...it was really pretty hectic with all the different people coming and going...

I hope everyone had a great time...
Post Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:27 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
crushwhore



Joined: 30 Jun 2002
Posts: 148
Location: washington dc
i was really hoping to run into you shane  Reply with quote  

but it seems it was not meant to be... next time.
Post Wed Aug 14, 2002 5:43 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:15 am
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon