Search
Register
URB.com releases free B. Dolan / Buddy Peace mixtape!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

b. dolan
FBI agent

ArthasX wrote:

Not elaborating on "interesting results" strikes me as a cop-out if this post was all an attempt to show that you are going for more than cheap laughs. As is comparing that piece to the one about Evel Knievel ... beyond having a celebrity at the center, are they that similar?.

Haha. I just read that again. Goddamn is that annoying to me.

I wish I had time man. But you're talking to the guy that wrote both fucking poems. If I say they're related, how are you telling me they're not. Haha. Jesus. I own the journal that contains 3 pages of prose, thoughts and writing around the idea of the J.T. poem before I actually wrote it...

I am copping out by telling you about the relationship between two poems, because you have listened to the poem 4 times since its release two days ago, and decided that they're not related. Fucks sake. I'm gonna change my name to 'B.D.' and shoot up a walgreens. Time to leave the internet.

Last edited by b. dolan on Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:22 pm
Travadone

b. dolan wrote:
i'm giving you the silent treatment trav.

i want your brother for this video.

you wear glasses. vin diesel doesn't wear glasses.

i don't have a clear picture of what you looked like in my mind, but i do know that i didn't go 'wow that guy looks like vin diesel.'

but with your brother i kinda did... you can be in the video man. but your brother might have to play vin. you can just be randomly inserted in certain scenes. you be the guy that sells me and vin ice cream and stuff.
I wear glasses 1% of the time. My eye dr was yesterday...my vision Is fine! Yours? Blurry...you have a hard on for my br0,I will smash him. Show you who the real vin is...recreate the bar scene from knockaround guys....yeah,I own that dvd. So what.

Bernard. I got fucking samurai swords at my house. And a 2 year old son that has more hair on his balls than us.

I'm your guy.
Post Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:23 pm
futuristxen

My special lady friend and I actually talked about the JT piece for some length the other night. So that's definitely a not for nothing.

My feeling is that I don't intrinsically dislike it. There's language in it that I'm uncomfortable hearing from B, I think. And there are lines I laugh at too. I'm ambivalent about Timberlake, so it's not a piece and hear and I come along for the ride like the Vin Deisel song. Or the Evel song. Which I think in those songs you do somewhat enter a character, in the Evel song it works as an invocation. And you become Evel. With the Vin Diesel song, you're cast as the innocent fan/friend of Vin. But with the Timberlake piece there's no artifice there beyond just the B. Dolan character, which hasn't really been developed as someone who would do a piece like this. Which certainly makes it interesting, and I'm sure that's where the discomfort comes in. Because B. Dolan is the same character you're doing pieces like Hear Failure, Kate, and RSVP through.

But then this feels like something Bombzo would do. Or even the character from the Vin Diesel song in sort of a "leave Brittney alone" moment.

Which I also said that my fave part was the brittney stuff. It just takes long enough to get to it, that by then you're just reading it as a full-on JT diss, and it's not that he insulted Brittney, so much as just another thing to slam JT about. Which again, I'm ambivalent about him.

Dunno. It's interesting. I do like that it makes me cringe. Which I don't think even the Bombzo stuff did. But I am glad it's going on a mix tape and not an album. And I think the biggest audience for it is going to be people who hate justin timberlake, or people who just in general hate pop music without any kind of real justification. Which is a weird place to end up, because I'm not really sure you even like those people and I don't think it's the point of the piece.
Post Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:31 pm
AdamBomb

Travadone wrote:
I wear glasses 1% of the time. My eye dr was yesterday...my vision Is fine!

I'm your guy.

Ah c'mon, Trav you don't look too bad with glasses. As for Vin Diesel, though...I'm not seeing it.

Post Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:37 pm
futuristxen

And Trav, I don't know why you think you look like Vin Disel. Vin Diesel is not as bulked up as you are, and your head is rounder where his head is ovaler.
Post Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:38 pm
Travadone

futuristxen wrote:
And Trav, I don't know why you think you look like Vin Disel. Vin Diesel is not as bulked up as you are, and your head is rounder where his head is ovaler.
now that's the futur I know that gives me a boner.
Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:02 am
TheCurtisPlum

b. dolan wrote:
it ain't me, babe. reanimator is the guy that would have to make it happen. i think it will eventually be done though... be patient. in the meantime it will be a reason for you to come out to shows. ;)

in other news, am i right in thinking your brother looks a little like vin diesel, trav? i don't remember exactly what he looks like, but i seem to remember that...

if so, curtis plum and i might be interested in shooting a video with him... do you have a picture handy?

Why don't we just get Vin? Hes pretty busy shooting XXX part three but I shot a few hoops with him up in sun valley last month and I think he said he had a few weeks off in September. I'm sure he'd be into it if he can sell his agency on the deal. I bet he'd do it for next to nothing.

Call his agent Kevin with a formal proposal and send him a copy of House of Bees if your into the idea. easy sell.

Kevin Huvane

Creative Artists Agency

2000 Avenue Of The Stars

Los Angeles, CA 90067

Phone: 424-288-2000

just make sure you have plenty of redbull on hand when we shoot and some larping gear for Vin and me for when we finish shooting.
Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:03 am
Disharmony

I wouldn't mind the JT thing if it was witty, or interesting. I couldn't even finish it. Not because it was too extreme, but because it was contrived and boring. I could elaborate more, but who cares.
Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:05 am
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

Dolan, I don't know what it's like to make a song an then have people say their not feeling it. I didn't mean for you to take it personal (not saying that you did) I wasn't trying to diss in anyway. Thanks for the explanation you didn't really owe me one you could have just told me to go F myself. The piece is rather vile, mean-spirited, and hateful. I just don't see how anything positive can come from something like that. I don't know if you really hate the guy that much or he was just a vessel to get your point across.

on a sidenote: I would seriously try to get the real vin diesel hey, crazier thinks have happened.

unrelated..but I've been trying to convince people around me for years that I'm a cross between Vin Diesel, Colin Ferrel an Rob Lowe, HA.
Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:11 am
Travadone

PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG wrote:
Dolan, I don't know what it's like to make a song an then have people say their not feeling it. I didn't mean for you to take it personal (not saying that you did) I wasn't trying to diss in anyway. Thanks for the explanation you didn't really owe me one you could have just told me to go F myself. The piece is rather vile, mean-spirited, and hateful. I just don't see how anything positive can come from something like that. I don't know if you really hate the guy that much or he was just a vessel to get your point across.

on a sidenote: I would seriously try to get the real vin diesel hey, crazier thinks have happened.

unrelated..but I've been trying to convince people around me for years that I'm a cross between Vin Diesel, Colin Ferrel an Rob Lowe, HA.
phil u look like the gay guy from judas priest. fuck outta here.
Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:29 am
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

nope, I'm a combo of the 3 guys I mentioned. Deal with it

its 1230 where im at perfectly reasonable to be up at this point
it's 330 in your town bud, take your ass to sleep
Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:33 am
futuristxen

You guys should have a Vin Diesel-off. I'd watch that Youtube.
Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:36 am
Bandini
WIZARD APPRENTICE

i really like that JT poem. just heard it for the first time.
Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:39 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Travadone

PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG wrote:
nope, I'm a combo of the 3 guys I mentioned. Deal with it

its 1230 where im at perfectly reasonable to be up at this point
it's 330 in your town bud, take your ass to sleep
phil you have zero muscles. its embarrassing, and the vin diesel thing you think you look like is nuts,absolutely fucking insane to think you look remotely close to the god vin diesel.

i am personally offended.
Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:45 am
laurapalmer

This mix is fire. Not sure if i am more excited to hear buddy peace's new record or b. dolan and alias. this, terry urban's songs to skateboard too, and the pac div record are in heavy rotation right now.

As for open letter to JT, if you dislike it because it is mean-spirited and in poor taste, you kind of missed the point. or maybe you got the point. it doesn't have anything to do with joan of arcadia. unless you thought the entire point of that song was to be offensive. which it wasn't. I guess you could say broadly that the two tracks are social commentary and connect them that way?

i guess open letter being on a primarily hip hop mix tape is coloring the reaction, so people are taking it literally as a dis track. not really the case. it is saying something more than JT sucks and brit rulez. it's kind of like saying, man...shame about that power outage in rome during black out on white night.

clearly you can dislike it or whatever, but kind of a weird reaction from people. i get it from phil who i think was lukewarm on bombzo and the more poetry/spoken word stuff, but i am kind of surprised at how many people were flat out uncomfortable.

meh, i am back to nursing the glued up hole in my head, this is giving me a fresh headache.
Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:55 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next