Search
Register
PFA summer tour has came and went! THANK YOU
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

SFR announcement

PFA summer tour has came and went! THANK YOU  Reply with quote  

The official record release show is this Wednesday, July 22nd @ AS220! It's $7 at the door, but $10 gets you through the door with a copy of the CD. Roz Raskin & The Rice Cakes, Mowgli, and Just Die! (from Ashville, NC) are also on the bill. Promises to be an insane show! RI people, we'd love to see ya's!!

SUMMER PFA TOUR

7/20: Kingston, RI - Live on 90.3FM WRIU! - 9pm
7/22: Providence, RI@AS220 - 9pm/$7
7/23: New York City@Arlene's Grocery w/MeterMaids - 9pm/$10
7/24: Albany, NY@Valentines w/After The Fall - 7pm/$7
7/25: New London, CT@El n' Gees w/Mouth Sewn Shut and more
7/26: Oswego, NY@ *The Barn - 8pm/$10
7/27: Lansing, MI@Mac's Bar - 9pm
7/28: Chicago, IL@ *The Weiser House w/Agents of Change - 9pm/$5
7/29: Minneapolis, MN@7th Street Entry w/Gavels - 4pm/$7
8/1: Denver, CO@ *TBA
8/2: Ft. Collins, CO@Lee Martinez Park 600 Sherwood St 7pm/$5
8/3: SLC, UT@ *The Boing Collective - 9pm/$5
8/4: Boise, ID@ *Grandma's House w/Curtis Plum - 9pm/$5
8/5: Seattle, WA@Studio Seven w/Aquifer - 8pm/$5
8/7: Portland, OR@TBA
8/8: Eureka, CA@Placebo w/Revocateurs, Social Ills - 7pm / $5
8/10: San Francisco, CA@Sub Mission - 9pm/$7
8/11: Citrus Heights, CA@The Fire Escape - w/Aquifer 8pm/$8
8/12: Los Angeles, CA@Knitting Factory w/Sol.Illaquists of Sound! - 8pm/$8
8/14: Silver City, NM@Satellite Youth Space - 8pm/Free!
8/15: Tucson, AZ@Dry River Collective - 8pm/$5
8/16: Phoenix- TBA
8/18: ABQ, NM@Winning Coffee Co. - 8pm/$6
8/19: Austin, TX@The Independent - 8pm/$5
8/21: New Orleans, LA@The Zeitgeist Arts Center - 7pm/$5
8/23: Washington, D.C.@ *Girl Cave - 9pm/$6
8/26: Providence, RI@Fire House 13 - 9pm/$7

*Indicates a basement or warehouse show- specific venue info for these events will be posted on the PFA Myspace page.

Last edited by SFR announcement on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:41 am
Coffee Black

If anyone needs directions to the show in Albany, I can provide.
Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:54 am
Ardamus315

i'll be at the DC show.
Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:18 am
Jared Paul

Coffee Black wrote:

Sorry Coffee! Just found out that the Albany show got canceled. The promoter apparently dropped the ball for all 4 bands at Valentines, so the show has been moved to a house show. Only the house show spot has never heard of us and only wants 3 bands on the bill. Fuck em'. Sorry man!

Ardamus, we'd definitely love to see you in D.C.!
Post Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:01 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
C.R.A.Z.Y

aw bummer

i have to be in bed that might at like 8 pm i have to get up the following morning at like 5 am so no go.

i'll have to rain check it till next time.
Post Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:41 pm
Coffee Black

Jared Paul wrote:
Coffee Black wrote:

Sorry Coffee! Just found out that the Albany show got canceled. The promoter apparently dropped the ball for all 4 bands at Valentines, so the show has been moved to a house show. Only the house show spot has never heard of us and only wants 3 bands on the bill. Fuck em'. Sorry man!

Shit, You know, I'm not that surprised. Happens all the time here if the promoter is who i think it is. I had a feeling when I didn't see you on the bill in the local alternative weekly paper. It is probably best that it got canceled before you guys got screwed afterward, which is a common occurrence here. I'm gonna start having to learn this business just to see the shit I want to see . Fuck it, I'll have my own fucking PFA show in my car with the EP. Good luck on the tour.
Post Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:22 am
Jared Paul

Coffee Black wrote:
Jared Paul wrote:
Coffee Black wrote:

Shit, You know, I'm not that surprised. Happens all the time here if the promoter is who i think it is. I had a feeling when I didn't see you on the bill in the local alternative weekly paper. It is probably best that it got canceled before you guys got screwed afterward, which is a common occurrence here. I'm gonna start having to learn this business just to see the shit I want to see . Fuck it, I'll have my own fucking PFA show in my car with the EP. Good luck on the tour.

hahahhahahaha

Naked City man.

I thought Fulton/Oswego was closer to Albany, but no dice. That's a total hall. We're working on a make up date for the Fall with Valentines now. Some friends in Syracuse are looking to bring us out and we might just make a short run of it over November break- NYC, Alb, Syracuse, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, etc. Thanks for stayin' with us man.

ALBUM IS OUT NOW!!! IT'S SO CRAZY- IT FEELS LIKE MY BERFDAY!!!!!
Post Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:26 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JohnSchwan

So I know this is a bit late, but if anyone is heading to the Providence show from the New Bedford area and wants to let me toss them gas money for a ride let me know. rjohn56 @ lsu.edu
Post Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:56 am
Alan Hague

Maybe after New Orleans, we can swing through northern Kentucky and try to play a show at that Creationist Museum? We can set up in the middle of one of the dinosaur exhibits!
Post Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:50 pm
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

great your in my town on my daughter's b-day, I would have liked to check out it, maybe next go round..
Post Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:43 pm
Jared Paul

Next time big Phil! The funny thing about the PFA set is that my face gets even REDDER than it does during the spoken word set- which I didn't even think was possible.

I've got this weird pocket of permanent red blotches on my face now (not to be confused with whatever fucked up rash i've got around my eye) and the Doc thinks it may be burst blood vessels from screaming. AWESOME!

So can I get a check real quick...

1. Are any of yall coming out to the Arlene's Grocery show with Metermaids tomorrow night in Manhattan? Metermaids put on a banging life set and it's Sean's birthday show! Should be a wild time.

2. Detroit/Ann Arbor heads? Anyway yall heading out to the Lansing show? I've never done a show out that way and we're lookin' for all the help we can get! High Sheriff, any chance?
Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:59 am
DiViNCi gnosis
revorutionary

YEAH!!!! it's gonna be dope to play together in LA.. I just heard that Knitting Factory Hollywood isn't renewing their lease so our show together will be one of the last ones at that location..

BTW, Congrats on the album man.. it's been a long time coming and I'm excited and happy for you!!!

Do IT UP!!!
Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:15 pm
Jared Paul

DiViNCi gnosis wrote:
YEAH!!!! it's gonna be dope to play together in LA.. I just heard that Knitting Factory Hollywood isn't renewing their lease so our show together will be one of the last ones at that location..

BTW, Congrats on the album man.. it's been a long time coming and I'm excited and happy for you!!!

Do IT UP!!!

Thanks papi. Really lookin' forward to seein' all yall out there. It's been awhile since 2005 but none of A Healthy Distrust Tour has faded for me. Between what yall did for the SOS set and what Francis and SOS pulled off for his set was nothing short of amazing. I was on one of the illest tours ever and it opened me up to so many things... pushed me in so many ways... the energy in the room on any of those nights was combustible- sparks everywhere.

PFA is working hard to be able to cast sparks like that. See you in L.A.!

*NEW YORK FOLKS!! The show with Metermaids is TONIGHT!! If you were thinking about comin' on out- DON'T CHANGE YOUR MIND. We'd love to see ya. And if you weren't planning on coming... now IS the time to change your mind! Last night the tour kicked off with the best show we've ever done. It was the sharpest, rowdiest, tightest we've been able to pull off in the last 10 tries or so and we're all amped.

The Providence kids went nuts, and I actually had to keep jumping back to avoid the bodies that had either flown or been knocked out of the pit and onto the stage!

It was a great way to start. A great way to let out some of the frustration from all the practice we've had to do to get the new drummer ready

Hope to see ya tonight!
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:47 am
Bob Harris

So last night in NYC with PFA was pretty fucking amazing.

This was my second time seeing them, and I have been blown away both times. The band is so tight, Alan's guitar work is ridiculous, and of course Jared brings the fucking ruckus.

It is not as easy thing for a band to come to New York and win over a crowd, and PFA have done it with ease both times. So hats off from me.

And between seeing Sage and B. at Rock the Bells, and having PFA down last night, I am just fully in love with Strange Famous Records. Metermaids may not be SFR artists, but we will continue to wave the flag.

We got some video of last night --

Here is PFA doing "Men in Control"

[url]<object><param></param><param></param><param></param></object>[/url]

And here is Jared doing "Shades Off" with us, which ruled

[url]<object><param></param><param></param><param></param></object>[/url]

If PFA come to your town, and you don't see them, you are dumb. That's all there is to it.
Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:59 pm
Alan Hague

That was a fun, crazy time! Took us almost 7 HOURS to get to Manhattan from Providence, and we were all delirious with laughter and standstill-traffic fatigue. 10 minutes after arrival, we were onstage doing our thing.

The set went well, though; it got increasingly better with each song. Good stuff.

The Metermaids killed it! The band sounds great behind them, and the whole presentation was explosive. Must see show, for sure.

Once again, many thanks, Sean and Suzie, for your limitless hospitality!

And thanks to Nick for buying me a coffee and a little chocolate pastry thing.

And thanks to Chris for rolling up on his bike to say what's up!
Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:11 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next