Search
Register
Curtis Plum tour dates/Throwing Cds at Asher Roth movement
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

TheCurtisPlum

Curtis Plum tour dates/Throwing Cds at Asher Roth movement  Reply with quote  

This is the basic run down of my pre release promo tour. I got the idea of fan poaching with promo stickers/ a cd with one track not on my album rapping outside venues of other artists and it grew on me. I love the idea of it. I talked to Scroobius after hearing he had used similar tactics and he said it worked out really well for him so all that dates that say fan poaching street show are just going to be me doing my set in front of venues with a boom box handing out my promo stickers and info. Also, I will be playing a few actuall shows. Maybe a few more at places I haven't heard back from yet. I'm too busy to be booking so I thought I'd make the best of it and roll this way til I get a manager or some shit. bookings not my thing.

That said, This entire promo trip is contigent on August 6th. The Jump off point. My friend has an extra ticket for the Asher Roth show in Phillie at the Electric Factory. My plan is to go in and nail him with a Curtis Plum promo cd during his set, not with a case, just a cd buy itself or maybe in a paper sleeve to just graze him on the head and throw him off while he's rapping, I don't think I'll even have to connect to make him fuck up. I have been practicing my cd throwing technique for weeks and I'm super accurate at 15 to 20 feet. Its sort of a metaphor inacted in real life for what all dope hip hop will always do to mainstream watered down bullshit. So if they arrest me on an assualt charge the rest of the tour won't happen but it will be worth it, I've done plenty of time so I'm not stressin, its a win win situation. This is a personal vendetta. I was planning on doing it anyway and I've been networking with people I know to do the same thing if there is an Asher Roth show in their area or if they see him at a club or whatever. I just thought it would be a good way to start off my tour. Its kind of a movement I'm trying to get going called the Everyone Nail Asher Roth With An Indie Hip Hop CD Movement. Its something I really believe in and hope others will too. This tour isn't about me, its about making the world better for everyone by throwing cds at Asher Roth in public when he is trying to look cool.

Initially my trip back east was to visit some old friends and hit Asher Roth with a cd on stage but then I figured I might as well book a few shows and do some promo stuff while seeing the sights and taking it all in. Oh, just joking about the Asher Roth thing, I'm sure hes a really cool guy. I would never do that.......or would I?

All dates have been canceled.
Got some personal problems to deal with right now.
Very sorry.
Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:45 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

ha ha i love u curtis plum

i would nail asher roth with a cd but that would mean going to his show.
maybe i'll just settle for a tomato outside of the venue.

let us know how it all goes!
Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:09 pm
Stumbleweed

Haha, good stuff. You should get good at throwing them quickly and with both hands so that you can wing 5 or 6 at him just to make sure at least one gets him. You need some kind of belt/fannypack holster.
Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:15 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
C.R.A.Z.Y

Stumbleweed wrote:
Haha, good stuff. You should get good at throwing them quickly and with both hands so that you can wing 5 or 6 at him just to make sure at least one gets him. You need some kind of belt/fannypack holster.

like chinese stars.

however if u throw your own cd he might just assume that you want to make him listen to it so he can discover you and " sign you " so make sure to write a personal message on it.
Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:17 pm
mattrego

I will attend your show in Providence. It's gonna be LIVE! Plum.
Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:20 pm
bigsole
Bought his character on ebay

haha.

OMFGROFLWTFLOL!

awesome.
Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:34 pm
Buddy Peace

Take that, scumbag!

Sharpen up the edges on one for me, Curtis. I want blood. No, I demand blood. I won't settle for less.

Good luck man. We're all with you on this one.
Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:37 pm
TheCurtisPlum

Oh its not a question of luck, this is going to happen. If it doesn't happen on august 6th it will happen later. I've been looking at his tour dates for awhile now. Your right about throwing a cd of mine. Maybe I should just throw a bannana at his ass to make my point clear. Still, light reflects off cds and if it wizzes by him and catches a reflection of a stage light it may blind him and cause him to fall off stage.
Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:09 pm
passenger

TheCurtisPlum wrote:
Oh its not a question of luck, this is going to happen. If it doesn't happen on august 6th it will happen later. I've been looking at his tour dates for awhile now. Your right about throwing a cd of mine. Maybe I should just throw a bannana at his ass to make my point clear. Still, light reflects off cds and if it wizzes by him and catches a reflection of a stage light it may blind him and cause him to fall off stage.

i think throwing a plum would be much better
Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:22 pm
TheCurtisPlum

Oh snap! I'm changing the fan poaching show the 21st cause I just got a good money offer to play the Colonial Theater in Keene NH August 21st at 9pm. locate 109 95 Main Street 03431. Everything else is rolling like I posted.
Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:23 pm
Alan Hague

This will be legendary, I can feel it.

Anybody familiar with Stephen King's "The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla?" Because I envision Curtis hurling CD's at Asher Roth like they were 'rizas, while screaming like a warrior: "HIIIIIP HOP!!"
Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:41 pm
futuristxen

August 6th is my birthday. So you have my blessing for a good tour.

I was slow on the convert, but I am now a believer in the Curtis Plum experience.
Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:01 pm
bbreakz

i f'n love this guy! This is the best tour strategy ever and I like how the forum gets the inside track.

Can we vote on which "Indie Hip Hop CD" you are going to throw.

I went to Keene State for a year,The Colonial was cool. I wore my disgustingly long goatee and hemp pants to a jam band show there. Great sound. At least it was in 97.
Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:04 pm
Travadone

i will beat the shit out of asher roth if i get sfr stripes.
Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:25 pm
TheCurtisPlum

I was slow on the convert, but I am now a believer in the Curtis Plum experience.[/quote]

I woke up with a girl I just met, she said the exact same thing this morning while she was walking around naked drinking coffee.
Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:08 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next