Search
Register
Cage - Depart From Me
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

malpractice
post haste

Sage Francis wrote:
When that album was released I hit up Cage directly to make sure it was official before we held it in our store. It's kosher. But, yes, it's surprising.

huh.
before i read this comment i was all set to be like, "is that one of those weird third party things?"

thats kinda odd.
Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:32 pm
upinak

I finally listened to this today. People who are hating on this album are nuts. If sage had made this album, with the exact same beats and words, ninety five people hating on it here in this thread would be praising it instead. Haters. Hatehatehate.

This is good.
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:40 am
sick_transit

upinak wrote:
If sage had made this album, with the exact same beats and words, ninety five people hating on it here in this thread would be praising it instead. Haters. Hatehatehate.

Are you serious? I can't even picture sage rapping those words, let alone over those beats. You're crazy
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:51 am
Captiv8

sick_transit wrote:
upinak wrote:
If sage had made this album, with the exact same beats and words, ninety five people hating on it here in this thread would be praising it instead. Haters. Hatehatehate.

Are you serious? I can't even picture sage rapping those words, let alone over those beats. You're crazy

Probably not. Although there's a lot to be said for cadence and presentation, not just the lyrics themselves, a wack album is still a wack album, regardless of who made it. I'd like to think that if Sage dropped some bullshit we'd call him on it. But I'd also like to think that Sage is more dedicated to his craft than that.
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:28 am
Shinigami

i don't like this album.

that is all.
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:42 am
malpractice
post haste

aw shini
it breaks my heart when we disagree!
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:57 am
Jelly87

no sold
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:19 am
Shinigami

malpractice wrote:
aw shini
it breaks my heart when we disagree!

we agree too much sometimes but when we disagree then i know we aren't sharing a brain anymore. ;)
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:20 am
3flip

i like some of the beats
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:43 am
Intrinsic

This album features some of the whackest Cage lines ever to be dropped on wax.

But I agree with the sentiment that he is at least continuing to find his own voice instead of resorting to the same tried tactics. I not only applaud his ballsy artistic choices, but the fact that he still managed to make some dope tracks while doing so.

The opener is a straight banger; I'd be surprised if his live performances weren't started with that.

That being said, there are definitely some mediocre tracks on here. Still doesn't top Hell's Winter as a whole.

Glad to see him progressing though; even if it took like 4 years. God knows Trav will never complain about Cage putting out too much music.
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:48 am
Dyss

I dont get it. I can see that artists wants to evolve and explore different areas in their music. But what both Cage and Eyedea does with those two albums is that they alienate themselves to the larger part of their fanbase. I have listened to the leak of "By the throat" (and yes, I have pre-ordered it) and I must say that its by far the worst material Eyedea have put out (havent heard that much of Carbon Carousel). I like it when artists strive to get better in the genre of music they perform in. A perfect example of that is Atmosphere who pushes the envelope with each release and have skyrocketed to the top of my fav-list. No Hocus-Pocus, just really really good music. Both the Cage album and the Eyedea & Abilities album sounds like demotapes.
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:13 am
Jelly87

Intrinsic wrote:
This album features some of the whackest Cage lines ever to be dropped on wax.

But I agree with the sentiment that he is at least continuing to find his own voice instead of resorting to the same tried tactics. I not only applaud his ballsy artistic choices, but the fact that he still managed to make some dope tracks while doing so.

The opener is a straight banger; I'd be surprised if his live performances weren't started with that.

That being said, there are definitely some mediocre tracks on here. Still doesn't top Hell's Winter as a whole.

Glad to see him progressing though; even if it took like 4 years. God knows Trav will never complain about Cage putting out too much music.
you are correct sir...both nights i seen em he opened with that track
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:26 am
sick_transit

Dyss wrote:
I have listened to the leak of "By the throat" (and yes, I have pre-ordered it) and I must say that its by far the worst material Eyedea have put out (havent heard that much of Carbon Carousel).

Is it worse than face candy? I swear to god, that's one of the worst cds i've ever purchased.
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:28 pm
Dyss

sick_transit wrote:
Dyss wrote:
I have listened to the leak of "By the throat" (and yes, I have pre-ordered it) and I must say that its by far the worst material Eyedea have put out (havent heard that much of Carbon Carousel).

Is it worse than face candy? I swear to god, that's one of the worst cds i've ever purchased.

Tough call since its a little different kind of album, but yeah, I would say that.
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:49 pm
sick_transit

shit.
Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:13 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next