Search
Register
the official RTB thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

the official RTB thread  Reply with quote  

I'm seeing little-to-no feedback about these shows. Not just our performance, but the festival in general. If you attended any of these shows, shoot us the highlights and low lights. Share pics if you have them.

B and I are very conflicted about the kind of performance we need to do in order to follow up M.O.P.'s power house set. M.O.P. performance immediately after Buckshot and KRS, which again...is a powerhouse set.

We're not really rah-rah hiphop so it's a bit of a headfuck trying to figure out ways to twist the energy up and do it right. It's been interesting to say the least. Still having fun though.
Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:55 pm
Estevan

i'll post some stuff when i get home from work.

but..

highlight: driving sage and b.dolan back to their hotel afta' the show.
Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:07 pm
AnteBa77

the dc show was great
m.o.p. was definitely the highlight
buckshot was good too, i would've have likely never seen him live outside of this so that was a plus
evidence really likes weed
necro was meh, i caught a couple of e&a and they were alright
from the big stage, i liked big boi's set, love all the outkast hits and whatnot
chali 2na was good
since i just moved to dc area from maine a few weeks ago, getting adjusted to the heat has been a slight issue, so by the end of it all i was pretty well drained

i enjoyed your set, the hits work well, it's gotta be tough to have a crowd maintain a superior level of energy after two incredibly live sets, especially in a "rock the bells wander around and get high" environment

the biggest negative was the merch situation. no one had any cd's available except for the strange music label and various bootleg mixtapes floating around.

Last edited by AnteBa77 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:39 pm
Stumbleweed

AnteBa77 wrote:

m.o.p. was definitely the highlight

Ha Sage, they really screwed you over putting you up after those guys yell at everyone and hype them up for 30 minutes. Unless you come out and do "Damage" 5 times, I'd imagine that it's hard to keep that energy level up.
Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:45 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I can't disagree. It's a very strange placement for me, but hell...adverse conditions lead to interesting developments. The funny thing is, even the Damage beat sounds weak in comparison to everything MOP does. Sonically speaking. So trying to fight a forest fire with a bic lighter isn't the best approach. I don't like where we were placed...but we're still working it out and having fun with it.
Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:50 pm
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

It sounds like u should go in the opposite direction then. A stark contrast if u well. If u come out trying to compete with M.O.P. Rah-Rah style it's going to Come off forced an fall flat, so take it in another direction.
Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:05 pm
albeeyap2

fuckin' M-O-P!!!!!

One of the main reasons why i'm going to RTB! Can't wait until they come to cali to bring on that hardcore rugged streetness! I'm throwin' elbows and startin a mosh pit when they perform that's for sure.

Chicago....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfPOn2hyiSk

Another angle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlRqWB73OvI

Last edited by albeeyap2 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:13 pm
albeeyap2

Stumbleweed wrote:
come out and do "Damage" 5 times, I'd imagine that it's hard to keep that energy level up.

DAMAGE!!!!? oh man Sage! i'd hyped it up that's for sure!
Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:13 pm
jehu

PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG wrote:
It sounds like u should go in the opposite direction then. A stark contrast if u well. If u come out trying to compete with M.O.P. Rah-Rah style it's going to Come off forced an fall flat, so take it in another direction.

thats exactly what i was thinking. the contrast angle could REALLY work well.
Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:21 pm
remind

I'm annoyed that I'm gonna miss it this year.
Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:58 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

oh wow

mop and krs&buckshot!!!

hmmm

you gotta be on some House Of Bees type steez
Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:02 pm
AharonHebert

I was at the DC show and was disappointed by the amount of people that left after MOP, before you two came on. A lot of people didn't give you guys a chance. But when Talib Kweli and Common are performing on the main stage at the same time it's hard to get people to stick around for someone they might not know. I enjoyed your set but you definitely angered a few juggalos.
Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:31 pm
futuristxen

Wasn't at the show, but I read B. Dolan's tweets about toiletry beef with buckshot, and lol'd.
Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:34 pm
Hellen Earth
could be a girl. could be a guy.

Phil is on point here. Start with something soft to calm and then draw the crowd in and bring them into a frenzy with House of Bees at the end... and perform RSVP if you aren't already.
Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:44 pm
cubbiebear

I never got a chance to get into it enough. I only came to see Sage besides that I really cared for few others.

<object><param></param><param></param><param></param></object>

Then they exited and I got a good spot for Sage's set. My gf says she's going to get some water, I said ok want me to go with, she says no she's fine. Sage comes on I start recording and get this much...

<object><param></param><param></param><param></param></object>

it stops because I was recording on my iphone and my gf interrupts it with a phone call. She had fainted from the heat and not enough water and paramedics had her. She was fine though, we came back but missed half the set. I have more videos. I was too worried about whether she was straight to give full attention to the set though.

It def wasn't a Sage show though. If you wanted to hype people there it have to be more flash when in that spot. You are not typical enough for that crowd to be comfortable with you after a "Yap that fool" "Say my name" type set. They go from dumbing out to having to pay attention.
Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:13 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next