Search
Register
Republicans still having trouble with the Internets
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Captiv8

This conversation has prompted me to add "Cross the whole of Australian" to my bucket list.

How are aborigines represented in Australia's legislative system? And, bringing it back to the (sort of) topic, is the legislative system similar to the UK's?
Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:34 am
AirTreesWaterAnimals

The Daily Beast did some more digging. It doesn't look like her comments were taken out of context after all.

Quote:

* In October 2008, in the wake of news that an effigy of Sarah Palin was being hung outside an affluent Hollywood home as an offensive Halloween decoration, Shay replied, returning to the “LOL” style that she employed after the “coons” comment: “What no ‘Obama in a noose? Come on now, its just freedome [sic] of speech, no one in Atlanta would take that wrong! Lol.”

She picked up the thread again the next morning with a clarification and a new insight. “Apparently I could not spell last night. I am wondering if the guys with the Palin noose would care if we had a bunch of homosexuals in a noose.”

* Posting and endorsing a conspiracy-theory video that attempts to prove that Obama believes he can only “ensure his own salvation” and “fate” if he helps African Americans above whites, complete with Barnum-esque captions (“LISTEN AS HE ATTACKS WHITE PEOPLE”).

* Numerous posts in which Shay says that President Obama is “anti-American” and has “disdain of this country.”

Much more discussion after the jump.
Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:44 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4