Search
Register
Pool boots kids who might "change the complexion"
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Eric B

Pool boots kids who might "change the complexion"  Reply with quote  

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Pool-Boots-Kids-Who-Might-Change-the-Complexion.html

Did I just go back in time to the 1950's? wow
Post Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:25 pm
Stumbleweed

Some Asshole Country Club Prick wrote:
"There was concern that a lot of kids would change the complexion and the atmosphere of the club," John Duesler, President of The Valley Swim Club said in a statement.

Yeah... nice cover, you dick. Amazed that clubs these days can still say "no minorities allowed" as such -- but I guess there are only so many limits you can place on personal associations such as private clubs. They'd just find a way around it anyway...
Post Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:31 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jelly87

This is just ridiculous. Im having trouble believing what I just read.
Post Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:54 pm
Travadone

The supplements I take I'd piss in that pool and would turn it a complexion of radioactive goodness.
Post Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:07 pm
Eric B

Travadone wrote:
The supplements I take I'd piss in that pool and would turn it a complexion of radioactive goodness.

When i read the headline i thought it was going to be about kids peeing in the pool. I was way off
Post Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:15 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Fuck these Hootie Johnson motherfuckers.
Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:06 am
laurapalmer

I could tell you stories about this area that are cartoonish. i feel like i am in an f scott fitzgerald novel most days. truly bizarre place. the excess is...unbelievable.

but this isn't really that surprising. the swim club closest to me actually has a three year mandatory waiting policy and you must be vouched for by FIVE current members, in writing. only then do you get to pay the yearly membership fee that could buy a decent used car. and that isn't even the nice swim club.

the philadelphia area has a lot of money, don't know how else to say it. and, as you probably can deduce, a lot of old, white money.
Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:11 am
Lants

is a 'swim club' just like a local pool? or is it a whole health club type of thing?
Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:16 am
Captiv8

This is ridiculous. Being blatant about the segregation doesn't make it any less de facto.

That said, fuck paying to swim. I'd rather by in a river or lake or ocean anyway.
Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:45 am
laurapalmer

it depends.

i would send you some links for you to view the insanity, but as you can figure, most people have pulled their sites after this publicity.

of the stuff near me, you have the valley forge swim club (different than the place in the article) which is tennis courts, a small lake/pond, an olympic set up outdoor pool, ping pong, and a club house. runs roughly 600 ish a year or so, not that exclusive. that is the standard ish place. some places swap out the pond for a second smaller pool or a hot tub.

but, say the swim club which is really close to me (5 minutes or less), that is a little more money, and a bit more exclusive. first, you have to be a radnor township resident, which by default, means you are probably white given the demographics. unless you are an au pair or live-in nanny, which is huge around here. you need two sponsors, and a board review to get in, plus pay an application fee. if you bring in non-radnor guests, you can get sanctioned. good times.

and...the pools are kind of for open swim, but more for socializing for the older set and swim team or water polo practices for "kids."

it kind of reminds me of the phillip roth story more than a great gatsby story now that i think of it. very goodbye, columbus. but minus as many jewish folks and add more wasps and catlicks.
Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:12 am
Captiv8

laurapalmer wrote:
it kind of reminds me of the phillip roth story more than a great gatsby story now that i think of it. very goodbye, columbus. but minus as many jewish folks and add more wasps and catlicks.

Excellent book, and excellent comparison. Phillip Roth doesn't get enough love.
Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:15 am
box johnson

Idiots. They just need to change the dress code to "No jerseys, ball caps, or sneakers."
Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:20 am
Captiv8

They could just make it scientific. "No one with advanced levels of melanin allowed. There is a risk of caustic reaction."
Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:22 am
box johnson

After seeing the other top story, I can now completely sympathize with those white families.

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:31 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

From the comments. Go America!

What you obama-foot-kissers just don't get is that this isn't a government-bailed out establishment or business. It's a private pool. They can do whatever they want. I honor them for standing up for themselves. Unlike the majority of you cowards out there.

--

This has nothing to do with "race" as all you blacks would have it. This has to do with the owners of a private swim club making a decision. That's their perogative. I wonder how many black children swim in Spector's neighborhood pool? They most likely were loud, abusive and arrogant, just like the rest of your race when they get together in an unfamiliar surrounding. You can hear a group of blacks shouting and screaming walking down the street 1/4 mile away. Waaah! Waaah! Racist. Minimum wage Hater.

--

Good for them, I wouldn't want these animals running all over either.

--

You can have all black colleges, nightclubs etc but NO all white swim clubs. A PRIVATE club to be clear. Isn't this hypocitical? But then I forget, leftwingers constantly change the rules on what's right & wrong depending on how they wish to engineer an arguement. Self loathing white liberals should speak for THEMSELVES only, and not force their views on others. You also need to accept that some people are racist & proud of it. They have a RIGHT to be racist - within the law. They have a RIGHT to want to be separatists & not to mix. This club was doing nothing wrong in choosing it's members. YOU need to accept this. They are NOT backward etc, in fact quite the opposite. They know who they are, and what they want. Maybe blacks should form their own swim club & stop following white people around. Tolerance is a two-way street. YOU have to accept those who disagree with your opinion.

--

Well maybe the need to go back to their own neighborhoods and TAKE SOME INITIATIVE, clean up the "hood", get rid of the druggies and dealers, improve the tax base, GET A JOB, maybe then you'll earn yourselves a nice pool complex like the hard working folks surrounding the Valley Swim Club! There's no racism just the truth

--

I'm sorry but they need to keep Trayvonne Keisha Nevisha Kiishean Raykquisha Reanna De De Nay Nay at HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

WHY DO THEY GO TO THE POOL IN THE FIRST PLACE???????????? just go back home and open a fire hydrant like they usually do which is UNSAFE for when they riot and start fires in their own "hoods" it's true!

--

what race accepts the thug mentality...think thats all that needs to be said...stop thug mentallity and we can all be equals

--

Watch out..... Don't be fooled, just like the Jena 6 these kids put on the alligator eyes but I tell you they're nothin but scrub little gang wannabes! I read the Akron article and something exactly like that occured here in Cincinnati..... I'm all for equality of the races but to the point of sacrificing the safety of me and my children Those kids grow up in broken homes and don't have the same moral compasses that my children have..... THEY DON'T TRUST THE POLICE????? I know it hard to swallow but I agree with the pool club owner, sure they were trying to be charitable but at the expense of a bunch of black kids trashing the campus, stealing, disobeying pool safety guidelines..... I don't think so Don't be fooled by their alligator eyes..... Those kids were trouble to begin with!

--

niglets = trouble niglets = trouble niglets = trouble niglets = trouble niglets = trouble niglets = trouble

--

Has anyone reading this ever been to a Chuck E. Cheese anywhere near our urban areas??? If you have you would understand the meaning of "out of control". Too many black folk just don't care. It is a mad house, no one is wathching their kids. Kids are kids, but the rudeness and nastiness is unbeilievable. One time a kid was stealing my nephews tickets, right in front of me, and I told him what are you doing? I took the tickets back and he told to me to "F" off!! He was like 8 or 9? Like Chris Rock said, "Grand Opening, Grand Closing!!"

--

you must live in a fantasy land...never be attacked my groups of blacks..or seen how they behave in groups...too bad your fantasy world really does not exist...think if blacks want to be treated the same they have to start acting like normal people and not thugs...they are one of theonly races that a thug is a good thing

Sadly, it goes on and on and on.
Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:41 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next