Profile
Search
Register
Log in
Palin resigning as Gov. of Alaska
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Author Message
Jared Paul



Joined: 15 Jul 2002
Posts: 3720
Location: www.PrayersForAtheists.org
 Reply with quote  

redball wrote:
Because we have a responsibility as a social group to enforce the sort of behavior that we want our members to portray. While our ability to do that with Trav is limited, it is not so with other members. Further, by expressing distaste about the actions of other members we are actually maintaining our stated distaste for Trav's actions of the same sort.

If we give up on everyone, as you seem to desire, then we've essentially given up on the community. We're not there, we've just given up on one person. We've simply given up on Trav because he's unreachable and in some ways untouchable. Kind of like the town drunk that everyone just knows to ignore. Even at that he's criticized on a fairly consistent basis. At least once a week someone walks down that path.


Jehu, you're an OG and we get along well- I don't think i've ever even argued with you at all over the years. But Redball has summed up how I feel pretty perfectly over the passed couple posts. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I agree with Red Ball.


Dear Trav,

I don't even know what:
"I'd still go down on her and creampie her."

totally even means, but it's inappropriate and offensive. There aren't enough women in Hip Hop and/or Hip Hop discussion forums, and part of the reason is because Hip Hop and message board Hip Hop posters are constantly saying sexist/mysogynistic shit that makes them feel uncomfortable. But it's not just women, it's guys too. You make me feel uncomfortable whenever you start objectifying women on this board. This was a thread about a bad politician stepping down, and you made it about how a woman's body is something for you to have sex on. If you can't see that, then the Patriarchy has already won!

Wait... The Patriarchy HAS already won.

And you can't see what's wrong with: "I'd still go down on her and creampie her..." because you've got some kind of mental block and a total inability to gauge what's appropriate or take social cues. I would love it if you could try a little harder. I respect you, but I believe you can do better if you try.

*Also, try looking at the website of your favorite sports teams or looking up something on wikipedia that you've always wanted to know about or just plain turning off the computer the next time you feel yourself about to slip into a multi-hour exploitative porn binge. More reading for you. Less porn, less video games.
Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:18 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Travadone



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 2977
Location: LI(f)E SUCKS (The Album)
 Reply with quote  

Jared Paul wrote:
redball wrote:
Because we have a responsibility as a social group to enforce the sort of behavior that we want our members to portray. While our ability to do that with Trav is limited, it is not so with other members. Further, by expressing distaste about the actions of other members we are actually maintaining our stated distaste for Trav's actions of the same sort.

If we give up on everyone, as you seem to desire, then we've essentially given up on the community. We're not there, we've just given up on one person. We've simply given up on Trav because he's unreachable and in some ways untouchable. Kind of like the town drunk that everyone just knows to ignore. Even at that he's criticized on a fairly consistent basis. At least once a week someone walks down that path.


Jehu, you're an OG and we get along well- I don't think i've ever even argued with you at all over the years. But Redball has summed up how I feel pretty perfectly over the passed couple posts. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I agree with Red Ball.


Dear Trav,

I don't even know what:
"I'd still go down on her and creampie her."

totally even means, but it's inappropriate and offensive. There aren't enough women in Hip Hop and/or Hip Hop discussion forums, and part of the reason is because Hip Hop and message board Hip Hop posters are constantly saying sexist/mysogynistic shit that makes them feel uncomfortable. But it's not just women, it's guys too. You make me feel uncomfortable whenever you start objectifying women on this board. This was a thread about a bad politician stepping down, and you made it about how a woman's body is something for you to have sex on. If you can't see that, then the Patriarchy has already won!

Wait... The Patriarchy HAS already won.

And you can't see what's wrong with: "I'd still go down on her and creampie her..." because you've got some kind of mental block and a total inability to gauge what's appropriate or take social cues. I would love it if you could try a little harder. I respect you, but I believe you can do better if you try.

*Also, try looking at the website of your favorite sports teams or looking up something on wikipedia that you've always wanted to know about or just plain turning off the computer the next time you feel yourself about to slip into a multi-hour exploitative porn binge. More reading for you. Less porn, less video games.
lol.

Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:27 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Ardamus315



Joined: 21 Apr 2009
Posts: 490
 Reply with quote  

jehu wrote:
Jared Paul wrote:
Ardamus315 wrote:
i'm rollin' the dice on this and hopin' a sextape was involved.


Ardamus315 wrote:
At least she's a nice MILF to look at. Not too many of those in politics, ya heard?


Can you clarify this?

I was pulling for ya, hoping you were being Ironic- mocking different misogynist popular American responses, but now I'm pretty sure that you're not. Trav only gets a semi-pass at that nonsense because he's generally fucked up in the head, but you, dog? Not today.

Sarah Palin isn't qualified to manage a 7 Eleven- she's shown herself to be under qualified for governorship and any public office in countless ways. She fanned dangerous prejudice tendencies in her support base at rallies during the campaign, consistently advocates any number of classist policies, and displays an unacceptable willingness to infuse government with religion. But none of that gives you a free pass to objectify her or any other female (politician or non) on this forum and I don't think her physical appearance would be an issue like this if she were a man.

If you have something relevant to add to the discussion- Fine. Keep the lame ass chauvinism to yourself.


if you're gonna call out Ardamus315, which is totally fair, then you have to call out trav. and virtually no one here calls him out & he says worse ish than this almost daily. just sayin.


Jared, this was a joke. Let me put that in capital letters, playboy.

JOKE.

Please tell me the next time I make a joke you're not gonna protest with a sign somewhere about two harmless jokes, homie. Chillax.

Ok, let me add something relevant since you were "pulling for me". Palin and simple, McCain threw her under a bus while he ran and hid from his loss. In the meantime, the Reps are rebuilding their image by trying to throw Steele and Jindal out there; but not doing the best job either. Palin has shot herself in the foot dropping out mid-term which has a few political analysts scrambling for different results in 2012.
Post Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:38 am
 View user's profile Send private message
shambhala



Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 6304
Location: the barber of hard truths
 Reply with quote  

That was the shittiest analysis of republican politics I've ever read. Not sure if you were really taking a stab at it or not. I can't even understand what the fuck you are talking about there.

"playboy"
you wrote "playboy" and "ya heard" in two consecutive posts. do you own a shiny bubble jacket and tap dancing shoes?
Post Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:00 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ardamus315



Joined: 21 Apr 2009
Posts: 490
 Reply with quote  

shambhala wrote:
That was the shittiest analysis of republican politics I've ever read. Not sure if you were really taking a stab at it or not. I can't even understand what the fuck you are talking about there.

"playboy"
you wrote "playboy" and "ya heard" in two consecutive posts. do you own a shiny bubble jacket and tap dancing shoes?


look, i won't front like i know everything there is to know about politics. but its obvious that the republican is suffering and she's part of that party, right? sorry i was talking about them as a whole. instead of her actually. but political analysts did say it was unclear for her future and unexpected.

http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-07-06-voa50.cfm


oh i get it. someone who is well-respected on here gets on my case for a shitty joke and you want to hop along for the ride. good enough.....

1. fuck a bubble jacket. its hot outside, biyatch.
2. tap-dancing shoes? fuck i look like? mantan from bamboozled? is that what you think since i said that? get the fuck outta here. you don't know me.
3. jokes, jokes, jokes. why so serious?

you know what? i'll fall back and watch these boards more. continue.......
Post Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:11 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous


Joined: 30 Jun 2002
Posts: 21619
 Reply with quote  

Stick around and play. Some people like jokes, some people are interested in arguing for argument's sake. It's all good, man.
Post Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:22 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Ardamus315



Joined: 21 Apr 2009
Posts: 490
 Reply with quote  

word.
Post Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:40 am
 View user's profile Send private message
jehu



Joined: 25 Aug 2002
Posts: 9310
 Reply with quote  

Jared Paul wrote:
redball wrote:
Because we have a responsibility as a social group to enforce the sort of behavior that we want our members to portray. While our ability to do that with Trav is limited, it is not so with other members. Further, by expressing distaste about the actions of other members we are actually maintaining our stated distaste for Trav's actions of the same sort.

If we give up on everyone, as you seem to desire, then we've essentially given up on the community. We're not there, we've just given up on one person. We've simply given up on Trav because he's unreachable and in some ways untouchable. Kind of like the town drunk that everyone just knows to ignore. Even at that he's criticized on a fairly consistent basis. At least once a week someone walks down that path.


Jehu, you're an OG and we get along well- I don't think i've ever even argued with you at all over the years. But Redball has summed up how I feel pretty perfectly over the passed couple posts. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I agree with Red Ball.


Dear Trav,

I don't even know what:
"I'd still go down on her and creampie her."

totally even means, but it's inappropriate and offensive. There aren't enough women in Hip Hop and/or Hip Hop discussion forums, and part of the reason is because Hip Hop and message board Hip Hop posters are constantly saying sexist/mysogynistic shit that makes them feel uncomfortable. But it's not just women, it's guys too. You make me feel uncomfortable whenever you start objectifying women on this board. This was a thread about a bad politician stepping down, and you made it about how a woman's body is something for you to have sex on. If you can't see that, then the Patriarchy has already won!

Wait... The Patriarchy HAS already won.

And you can't see what's wrong with: "I'd still go down on her and creampie her..." because you've got some kind of mental block and a total inability to gauge what's appropriate or take social cues. I would love it if you could try a little harder. I respect you, but I believe you can do better if you try.

*Also, try looking at the website of your favorite sports teams or looking up something on wikipedia that you've always wanted to know about or just plain turning off the computer the next time you feel yourself about to slip into a multi-hour exploitative porn binge. More reading for you. Less porn, less video games.


JP, without a doubt you're always good im my book as well. i just want things on a even playin field. trav knows what he does, he's not stupid. childish? sure, stupid, no. and i can't get down w/ you & reball's sentiment. if you're gonna call out one, call them ALL out.

plain & simple.
Post Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:03 am
 View user's profile Send private message
redball



Joined: 12 May 2006
Posts: 6871
Location: Northern New Jersey
 Reply with quote  

I bet you use the "flow of traffic" defense when pulled over for speeding too.
Post Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:06 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jehu



Joined: 25 Aug 2002
Posts: 9310
 Reply with quote  

redball wrote:
I bet you use the "flow of traffic" defense when pulled over for speeding too.


i pay the fine & move on. arguing with cops does nothing. but i appreciate the dig anyway.
Post Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:02 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Jared Paul



Joined: 15 Jul 2002
Posts: 3720
Location: www.PrayersForAtheists.org
 Reply with quote  

Sage Francis wrote:
Stick around and play. Some people like jokes, some people are interested in arguing for argument's sake. It's all good, man.


Seriously big Ardamus315! Spirited dialog is good. No need to take your little ball and run home just yet... Chilllllllllax.
Post Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:41 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jelly87



Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 331
Location: Kearny, NJ
 Reply with quote  

Palin reminds me of the woman governor from Black Sheep.
Post Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:57 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ardamus315



Joined: 21 Apr 2009
Posts: 490
 Reply with quote  

Jared Paul wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:
Stick around and play. Some people like jokes, some people are interested in arguing for argument's sake. It's all good, man.


Seriously big Ardamus315! Spirited dialog is good. No need to take your little ball and run home just yet... Chilllllllllax.


well, i'm still here. LOL.
Post Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:35 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Travadone



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 2977
Location: LI(f)E SUCKS (The Album)
 Reply with quote  

im here to show off my new location.
Post Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:37 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
redball



Joined: 12 May 2006
Posts: 6871
Location: Northern New Jersey
 Reply with quote  

That pun is like a punch to the face.
Post Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:46 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:52 pm
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon