Search
Register
Dealing with Five O
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

PatrickBateman

Dealing with Five O  Reply with quote  

Recently, there have been more police brutality threads then usual. In this thread, I'd like to compile helpful information in regards to dealing with shifty officers.

While sleeping on a friends couch this morning I awoke to a heavy knock at the door. This usually means Florida Power and Light is here to cut the power so I answered the door and prepared to get everyone to scramble around until we had enough to pay it, but it was this goofy red headed fella.

Him: "What's your name?"

Me( very sleepy): "what?"

Him(very angry): "What's your name!?!?"

Me(very sleepy and slightly agitated): "Mikey, who the fuck are you?"

He pushed me out of the way and three more guys came around the corner right into the place, refusing to provide a warrant, or a name. They all had guns, and badges, but they didn't look like cops. They were wearing regular clothes, with black "Police" shirts. Two of them had lots of tattoo's and one had his lebret pierced, which I found odd.

They claimed to be looking for this kid Justin who lived with us years ago, he has a warrant out for stealing a drink from the grocery store. Anyways, they ransacked us, insulted us, and wouldn't provide any info. They sat there and insulted us for twenty minutes before leaving. This one guy kept saying "flop house" and "floppers" but that was the only funny part. Turns out they are indeed real cops, because our neighbor was arrested by them after they did something similar and found pot in his house. So I can get their names...

but realistically, is there anything to do about this? Aren't I pretty much powerless? Will a complaint only agitate a retaliation? I know the best way to deal with police is to say nothing that you don't absolutely have to, but I'd looove to hear any sucessfull stories involving reconciliation and justice. I just have a feeling there won't be many, if any.
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:43 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Captiv8

The police cannot enter your house without reasonable cause or a warrant. Seems like they had neither in this case. So if they confiscated anything it would be inadmissable as evidence.

The golden rule when dealing with police is not to say anything other than "I would like to speak to a lawyer, and I respectfully refuse to answer any questions until after that time." Lying to the police is a felony, so don't try any shifty stuff and hope you'll get away with it. Keep in mind though that it is perfectly legal for the police to lie to you.

I made the mistake of being truthful with the police to the point of incrimination where there would have been reasonable doubt, and it got me into worse trouble than if I had just kept my mouth shut. So in that respect I'd say keep cooperation to a bare minimum, because everything you say and do will be used against you.
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:55 pm
leifkolt

If you want to do something you'll have to get a lawyer, but I'm afraid you will probably just have to accept that the cops are fuckers on this one.

They kill people and beat the shit out of kids on the daily and barely get slaps on the wrist... Unless you have an aggressive lawyer with a vendetta out for police and a ton of experience/skill, I'd be shocked to hear if you even get a 'sorry' out of this one.

Sounds shady as all hell though.

Make a voodoo doll dressed like those cops and poke the hell out of it with needles... do something wishful thinking and maybe they'll get a sliver of what they deserve.
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:57 pm
Travadone

They should of arrested you because u go by the name "mikey" and for the fact u live in a house full of dudes...

U guys probaly have gay orgies in that flop house...

And the guy with the lebret piercing wants ur anus.

Fuck this thread.

Man up.
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:58 pm
Captiv8

Travadone wrote:
They should of arrested you because u go by the name "mikey" and for the fact u live in a house full of dudes...

U guys probaly have gay orgies in that flop house...

And the guy with the lebret piercing wants ur anus.

Fuck this thread.

Man up.

I wanted to mark this occasion as the first time I lolled at a Trav post. Well done sir. I'm glad work is over.
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:00 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

those are plain clothes, they aren't undercover of course.

I was being paid to take care of someone's home once, about ten years ago, in milwaukee, working as a house keeper. i was coming over once a day to cook and clean and i was standing at the sink once cooking and doing dishes when the door burst open and a bunch of plain clothes swarmed in yelling police. they had regular gear looked " street " and hip and they were identifiable by badges on lanyards, most only poking out from under shirt collars. they just kept yelling things like police, get down! anyways i was just making dinner and i asked them what was going on and they said they had a warrant and started asking me what i did there and i said " keeping house " and the guy who lived there came down un armed and he was an old hippy so they just arrested him in front of me and then they went up and busted his attic open and then they just kept bringing nug trees down the stairs while i looked shocked. i hadn't known they were there.

they didnt beat me up, smart talk me, menace me be jerks to me or anything after asking me who i was and what i did there, they were actually pretty nice guys. they just whisked him away in a van with all of the trees loaded onto several trucks and they left me there to lock up this guys house and find someone to post his bail.

it was odd. i figured guys with red light s flashing would come and do that shit but it was on some wacky television detective show shit.

Last edited by C.R.A.Z.Y on Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:07 pm
adic

To echo what has been posted previously, the golden rule is to never tell the cops anything, don't say shit... ever...

As for this particular situation you'll probably just have to live with it. It's fucked up and there are probably things you could do if you have the time and money, but I'm assuming you probably don't, as most normal people probably wouldn't either...
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:14 pm
leifkolt

I used to work at a Medical MJ clinic in San Diego. We got raided by the DEA three times. First time they came in with guns, flack jackets, and the whole get up. Second time they came in wearing Hawaiian shirts, flip flops, and badges on lanyards. The last time it was 1 guy in a suit with two girls holding clip boards.

Each time completely different in looks and personalities. It would be nice if law enforcement had a little more 'standardization' if only to help uneasy citizens recognize legitimate law enforcement agents a little easier.

It IS pretty unsettling to have a guy dressed like Weekend at Bernie's rifling through all your shit and telling you he's a cop.
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:16 pm
Dj Mayonnaise

Re: Dealing with Five O  Reply with quote  

PatrickBateman wrote:
Recently, there have been more police brutality threads then usual. In this thread, I'd like to compile helpful information in regards to dealing with shifty officers.

While sleeping on a friends couch this morning I awoke to a heavy knock at the door. This usually means Florida Power and Light is here to cut the power so I answered the door and prepared to get everyone to scramble around until we had enough to pay it, but it was this goofy red headed fella.

Him: "What's your name?"

Me( very sleepy): "what?"

Him(very angry): "What's your name!?!?"

Me(very sleepy and slightly agitated): "Mikey, who the fuck are you?"

He pushed me out of the way and three more guys came around the corner right into the place, refusing to provide a warrant, or a name. They all had guns, and badges, but they didn't look like cops. They were wearing regular clothes, with black "Police" shirts. Two of them had lots of tattoo's and one had his lebret pierced, which I found odd.

They claimed to be looking for this kid Justin who lived with us years ago, he has a warrant out for stealing a drink from the grocery store. Anyways, they ransacked us, insulted us, and wouldn't provide any info. They sat there and insulted us for twenty minutes before leaving. This one guy kept saying "flop house" and "floppers" but that was the only funny part. Turns out they are indeed real cops, because our neighbor was arrested by them after they did something similar and found pot in his house. So I can get their names...

but realistically, is there anything to do about this? Aren't I pretty much powerless? Will a complaint only agitate a retaliation? I know the best way to deal with police is to say nothing that you don't absolutely have to, but I'd looove to hear any sucessfull stories involving reconciliation and justice. I just have a feeling there won't be many, if any.

Sounds like some bounty hunter shit
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:54 pm
benjy compson

adic wrote:
don't say shit... ever...
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:03 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

leifkolt wrote:
I used to work at a Medical MJ clinic in San Diego. We got raided by the DEA three times. First time they came in with guns, flack jackets, and the whole get up. Second time they came in wearing Hawaiian shirts, flip flops, and badges on lanyards. The last time it was 1 guy in a suit with two girls holding clip boards.

Each time completely different in looks and personalities.

first time they came strapped, shielded and ready to go, prepared for the worst case scenario. second time around, they are pretty sure they know what to expect, they are pretty sure things haven't changed, so they send bernie cuz it's a "legitimate" operation and they don't need as much elbow to get the job done this time. by the third visit, the clinics cream puff reputation is set so they send in the beaurecratic bean counting nerds, sans hawaii - 5.0 trimming, all clipboard and no muscle, to take candy from the baby.

different teams for different needs.
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:05 pm
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

Crazy should have had a story about how she was attacked in the middle of the night by the pussfilled worm ball and was near death but was able to fight them off with a samurai sword, some wd-40 and some gauze pads.
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:08 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG wrote:
Crazy should have had a story about how she was attacked in the middle of the night by the pussfilled worm ball and was near death but was able to fight them off with a samurai sword, some wd-40 and some gauze pads.

nah, but if i was bein attacked by a pussfilled worm ball i'd fight them off with super soakers full of green black walnut hull, clove, and worm wood. maybe throw in a little GSE for good measure. that would do the trick. there would be no need for a samurai sword to fight worms, as they would just split in half and multiply. and the WD40 makes no sense. it would just leave me slippin around in worms, what are you thinking, WD40 and worms don't mix. anyways worms don't really attack. they just kinda slowly infiltrate. so i wouldnt even have to take it that far, instead i'd use preventative measures.
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:04 pm
Atreyu

Then Jonny Drama coulda rode in on his motorcycle with Jigsaws's apprentice and froze them shits.
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:26 pm
z-spot22

a couple years ago my buddy and i were watchin tv at his house when 2 dudes kicked his door in, gun butted my buddy in the head and made us lie face down on the floor while they proceeded to ransack his place. they ended up makin off with his 360, his laptop and some other computer component shit and some other small electronic stuff, then they took off

we called to cops and when they showed up it was over 2 hours before they decided to file a report, and all this while my buddy is bleeding from the head.....they (the cops) decided we were in on it and looking for insurance money.

thats the short version

bogus
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:29 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next