View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Press/Interviews/reviews

the Wiper

sup with the poem?
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:19 am
hatinphonies

Sara wrote:
16 cENTS,
It's capital not capitol, if you're going to spend time making a post pointing out the errors of others, you might want to proofread yours.

Sage, I'm very confused as to what motivates you to post things like this. It seems to me, one thing you try to express to fans is that they should get out in the world and be thoughtful, so why would you take the fans who are trying to be thoughtful and post their private correspondence to you so that fifteen year olds boys can laugh at them on the internet, as though the internet was in short supply of scenarios like this.

If you don't want people to instant message you, stop posting your handle in your AIM logs, or better yet change your AIM name and give it to those you do want to message you. If your fans know it, they're going to use because they idolize you and are elated at the prospect that you just might just humor them with a response.

As far as that email goes, you hold a journalism degree and so I can only assume that you are well aware of the difference between constructive criticism and sarcasm, your responses to her struck me as blatantly condescending and the fact that you were motivated to post it doesn't soften it.

You often allude to dissatisfaction with wasting time on people you don't know, you don't need to know us to respect us, we're the people that pay your rent. I'm not asking for ass kissing, I'm not asking for anything. I do question why I consider myself a fan when I can love what you say for money and question what you say here.

one fan isn't going 2 make or break sage...how shallow r you to judge frank based on "text" words. its the fuccin internet, get over it! Stop passing judgment on how a person "really" is by 3 sentences typed on a board. And how could even question paying his rent, when the only intelligent part about u is the fact that you heard some of his songs.
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:13 pm
Sara

How shallow are you to judge me on the same premise?

As a direct result of my household Sage Francis has recieved, in my estimation about three hundred dollars (counting the 200 dollars my roomate handed him at a show), given I don't know what his rent is but I bet it helped him out.

I'm seriously ashamed I even bothered to respond to this thread, we're all entitled to our opinions and I shared mine.

I would have emailed him my sentiments rather than suffer through responses like this but I was trying to respect his desire to be contacted via this board.
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:05 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hatinphonies

i wasn't judging.. the last comment was an intended insult.
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:09 pm
Sara

You don't say.
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:17 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pakilicious

Theres only one way to solve this argument, put on some gloves and dish it out. Violence always solves everything, you girls should give it a try.....
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:23 pm
angrymushroom

if you are going to share your thoughts/written word, work ect.....expect positives and negatives.....
i want people to read what i decide to write down but i enjoy some positives along with criticism here and there...that only allows me to observe myself from outsider views.....

anyways, what you believe is your beliefs....what you feel is amazing to you is your fucking thought process at work....

she shouldn't have gotten offended to hear some constructive criticism ... if what she sent 'sage' really spoke to her then she should say 'fuck the rest' ..if it meant so much to her..
( obviously the criticism got to her so much because she herself wasn't really feeling it enough)
she was trying to impress a side that wasn't feeling it the same and maybe she's egotistical...
if she changed her beliefs after she sent that email because of what someone else had to say then she's the one with issues.everyone has their own opinions.everyone is entitled to them.if you are afraid of not hearing praise left and right then don't share yourself with everyone else.

expect both and eat a carrot while you're at it.

'suzy'
Post Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:05 am
uptown geezus

truth  Reply with quote  

"you want the truth, you can't handle the truth" --werd..

how gay..ahaha she's not a fan anymore because of an honest opinion...

truth hurts.
Post Fri May 02, 2003 10:45 pm
caandom

she still loves him though. whaha
Post Sat May 17, 2003 12:26 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Crispy

I think the word here is Constructive Critisism.

I could be wrong though. Am I officially a wanker now?
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:17 pm
Xoe

MAJORLY OLD topic to dig up, but that chick was under the influence?....

"Salute these Supa Emcees for being clever, and never using weed as a ghostwriter"!
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:16 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3