Search
Register
"SICK OF WASTING" CD, MP3 & linernotes!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

smake

A lyric section would be great. Although the lyrcs for AHD and HTDD are already in the booklet, it would come in real handy for PJ and the other releases.

Anyways, track of the day is (still) House of Bees! Needle had me up and going to this morning.
Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:32 am
outpatient

haha. mis-worded and mis-interpreted indeed.
Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:12 am
erich

for the longest time, the only official thing i could find on the internet about sage francis was that lyrics page on the non-prophets site. and the forum, but that was closed so i couldnt join.
Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:04 am
Atreyu

B Dolan hands down RIPS that shit on House of Bees.

Last person to come that hard on a sage track was Anonymous John Doe.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit son!
Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:59 pm
passenger

FINALLY was able to download this and listen to it all the way through... but only one and a half times so far. So i wanna listen to it a bit more before throwing in my 2 cents but to throw in my 2 pesos... i'm just happy to be hearing new Sage material again. The sick of series is always a fun listen. It's great getting to hear stuff that would never fit into an album and it's great that its not gone to waste cause these songs are way to good to not be released. I also love hearing the old tracks mixed in with the new and to hear the difference from then till now. As everyone has been saying Dolan definitely stands out and kills it on his verses and Sage completely rips it the whole album through.

My stand outs on only one listen through so far are (in no particular order)
I Trusted You
House Of Bees
Conspiracy To Riot
Sea Legs
SFR Pays Dues

Thanks again for making this available for free Sage. Money is tight and i will definitely be picking up a hard copy when i can but it's great not to have to wait and also frees up some cash to get those new shirts i've had my eyes on!
Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:16 pm
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

got this yesterday
the highlight is house of bees
and for the 1st time Dolan doesn't sound like non-phixon circa 2000 which is a good thing, cuz really i cant stand rappers that yell all the high time in high pitched voices.
Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:38 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG wrote:
got this yesterday
the highlight is house of bees
and for the 1st time Dolan doesn't sound like non-phixon circa 2000 which is a good thing, cuz really i cant stand rappers that yell all the high time in high pitched voices.

hahaaaaa

i don't yell all the time. i yell some of the time.
i don't think you'd dig the failure that much, though i might be wrong...
but, if you'd heard it you'd know this isn't the first time im rapping without yelling.

glad you like house of bees though. i'd like to get/make more beats that call for that style too...
Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:20 pm
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

No I haven't heard The Failure and part of the reason is...I Don't want to not like it. I would very much like to like it but I'm not sure your style which many people seem to like very much is up my alley. cha'know?
I understand you have alot to stay and a part of your style is to be aggressive to get your point across I dunno I think I'm just getting old.
Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:40 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG wrote:
No I haven't heard The Failure and part of the reason is...I Don't want to not like it. I would very much like to like it but I'm not sure your style which many people seem to like very much is up my alley. cha'know?
I understand you have alot to stay and a part of your style is to be aggressive to get your point across I dunno I think I'm just getting old.

it's all good... and that's cool that you don't want to not like my shit... seriously :)

anyway, i'm glad you dug that song. i give weight to your opinion because i know you're a fan of rap, and a tough critic. i feel satisfied about making at least one song you dig.
Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:46 pm
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

that is nice to know you can appreciate my point of view
for the record I didn't mean to imply that I haven't enjoyed any of your other performances. Me being a tough critic an all I thought you were fine on sfr payin dues and survived another winter.. on house of bees It just sounded like you were on another level an found a nice groove on that tune an rode the beat real nice like. Also you do have a very strong stage presence an I have seen the cream of the crop and that is something you cant teach you either have it or you dont.
Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:04 pm
Alan Hague

Sage Francis wrote:
I checked out the site, saw what they wrote here for Escape Artist, and wished I didn't even bother. Because it made me boff. This is worse than someone just hearing things wrong. They are literally making things up:

"In an effort to make 'em all see what I found in my life I decided to give 'em a look
None of 'em giving a glimpse trying to guess that I'm sitting in the middle of an unread book
Letters are falling apart
But the sentence descend on the word and the wording is permanent
Never been missed
If you were missed
What did you miss
Interpreted is
Falling and serving a sentence of solitary confinement
Result in the death sentence just filling my running assignment"

running assignment, hahahahaha
Post Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:52 am
Theory 77

Sage.
Downloaded the new album a couple of days ago - apologies for not shelling out but I'm short of the rent this month. Poop.

Killer output as usual.
The end of one of B.Dolans verses made me choke on my toast yesterday morning. Super sick.
The Fame re-edit was hilarious too. Good work.

So just wanted to say thanks to let you know I appreciate the freebie because I feel like a bit of a leech here!
I'm not into downloading music. Honest.

Peas.
Mike
Post Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:47 am
Shinigami

House Of Bees really bumps live.

i really like If I Go To Hell right now, that song gets stuck in my head a lot and even though the sound isn't high quality it doesn't hurt the fact that it's a good song.
Post Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:33 am
Fladlien

Ok I did some detective work (AKA used archive.org) and found these Sage Francis lyrics posted at the old non-prophets.com site.

You can check them out here: http://web.archive.org/web/20041106060218/www.non-prophets.com/home/

And if you want to go through the old non-prophets site you can look at all the archives here: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://non-prophets.com
Post Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:13 am
Bob_ptmfus

"13) SFR Pays Dues (feat. B. Dolan & Prolyphic. Scratches by Reanimator. 2008)

Originally made as a promo track for the Paid Dues Festival, this song was recorded on the spot in the SFR studio. Instrumental for this track was taken from the Beatnuts."

So I'm going to be that really annoying anal dude and say that this was actually a DJ Babu beat that the Beatnuts rapped over for the title track of his album Duck Season. Not sure why I felt the need to point that out, but thought I would. Excellent track no matter who produced it. Also, I would say that the SFR crew is lyrically a million times better than the Beatnuts here (Sample lyrics from the og song: "Off the hizzle watch it sizzle peroxide/Slash my cock between your eyes, now you cock-eyed/Cocksucker you can't fuck with the Nuts/Ask your girl cause she's sucking the nuts")
Post Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:21 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next