Search
Register
"SICK OF WASTING" CD, MP3 & linernotes!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I don't mind people asking about the shipping. Makes sense people would wonder if there's a difference between what they paid and what it actually ended up costing. We're looking into it for sure. But that's been said already.

I like seeing people pick out the stuff they're feeling most. It makes me realize that I should probably put together a lyrics section on the website. That's going to take a fair amount of time to put together though.

And for anyone wondering, Buddy Peace is the man on the wheels of steal ripping up a lot of those tracks. He is fucking VISCOUS. You can hear an extended version of House of Bees with his cuts at the end on www.myspace.com/bernarddolan
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:17 pm
bbreakz

lord soth wrote:
SteveJB wrote:

There's a good chance I'll grab the Sleep album soon so I'll let you know if the shipping's off on that when I do.

Ok please do. We'll all be riveted to our fuckin keyboards until then, waiting to find out. Ever hear of email? Why do people constantly talk about shipping in these threads? Nice work, Sage & company. I'll be buying this as soon as I get paid. I'll be sure to post here and let everyone know what the tax on that purchase ends up being.

Thank you. Maybe we should start a Shipping Charges thread.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:26 pm
remind

Sage Francis wrote:

I like seeing people pick out the stuff they're feeling most. It makes me realize that I should probably put together a lyrics section on the website. That's going to take a fair amount of time to put together though.

A lyric section would be dope. That's one of the main reasons I started checking this forum...to see if you posted any new lyrics. I remember reading the lyrics to Hey Bobby, Slow Down Ghandi, and Keep Moving for the first time and being blown away.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:51 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I spent a ton of time putting together lyrics for most of my songs for a lyrics section on the old site. I have no idea where that stuff went.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:59 pm
AdamBomb

Sage Francis wrote:
I spent a ton of time putting together lyrics for most of my songs for a lyrics section on the old site. I have no idea where that stuff went.

There's a lot of it here:
http://www.ohhla.com/anonymous/sfrancis/
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:11 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Those are incorrect lyrics. Like almost every lyric site I've seen. And I know this is totally neurotic of me, but I get annoyed and even anxious when I see my lyrics misrepresented. It's silly of me, but fuck it. I hate it. ha
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:14 pm
malpractice
post haste

Sage Francis wrote:
Those are incorrect lyrics. Like almost every lyric site I've seen. And I know this is totally neurotic of me, but I get annoyed and even anxious when I see my lyrics misrepresented. It's silly of me, but fuck it. I hate it. ha

i think that is understandable. it makes me crazy when i see it, and i didnt even write the songs! so i cant imagine how you feel.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:19 pm
malpractice
post haste

also.

futuristxen wrote:
I just think if you're ashamed to listen to one of the all-time great bands, with one of the all-time great frontmen...you're sketchy in my book, and not to be trusted.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:19 pm
Jesse

also.
malpractice wrote:
also.
futuristxen wrote:
I just think if you're ashamed to listen to one of the all-time great bands, with one of the all-time great frontmen...you're sketchy in my book, and not to be trusted.

jesse wrote:
Haha I was only joking about Joy Division! I unapologetically think they were something special (fuck New Order though). I just rib my girlfriend about being a goth (she isn't) when it comes to music like this, so maybe I just tried to bring an inside joke outside.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:35 pm
futuristxen

I like lyrics sections because when I quote you to someone else, I don't have to go find the song, listen to it fifty times to get the wording right, and then send it. I can just copy and paste.

I have an extremely bad ear for lyrics in terms of catching them in anything more than small snippets. I'm also bad at remembering lyrics.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:30 pm
Dr Sagacious

http://lyricwiki.org/Sage_Francis

That any better? That's the site I usually go to for reference.
Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:42 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I checked out the site, saw what they wrote here for Escape Artist, and wished I didn't even bother. Because it made me boff. This is worse than someone just hearing things wrong. They are literally making things up:

"In an effort to make 'em all see what I found in my life I decided to give 'em a look
None of 'em giving a glimpse trying to guess that I'm sitting in the middle of an unread book
Letters are falling apart
But the sentence descend on the word and the wording is permanent
Never been missed
If you were missed
What did you miss
Interpreted is
Falling and serving a sentence of solitary confinement
Result in the death sentence just filling my running assignment"
Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:48 am
Dr Sagacious

It is a wiki website after all.
Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:08 am
AdamBomb

Sage Francis wrote:
I checked out the site, saw what they wrote here for Escape Artist, and wished I didn't even bother. Because it made me boff. This is worse than someone just hearing things wrong. They are literally making things up:

"In an effort to make 'em all see what I found in my life I decided to give 'em a look
None of 'em giving a glimpse trying to guess that I'm sitting in the middle of an unread book
Letters are falling apart
But the sentence descend on the word and the wording is permanent
Never been missed
If you were missed
What did you miss
Interpreted is
Falling and serving a sentence of solitary confinement
Result in the death sentence just filling my running assignment"

Wait...you're not saying this?
Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:09 am
kwisdumb

I personally would love a lyrics section.

Also, my favorites are probably Strange Fame, I Trusted You, Needle, House of Bees, Be a Star, and Who Farted Pt. 1.

Thanks for the album.
Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:09 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next