Search
Register
"SICK OF WASTING" CD, MP3 & linernotes!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

Jesse

Bring that Beat Back wrote:
Prediction time for fun. At this point, the next logical technical progression is Sage mastering some audio software and starts producing SFR stuff.
He put together "Strange Fame," so you at least know he can chop up and rearrange a wave file with the best of them.

I'm also gonna guess that he engineered a lot of the vocal recording on this joint - am I true? Some of the raps have a lot of room noise/reverb, and I figure if he was gonna go to someone else to handle it, it'd probably be someone with at least a blanket hung up in the closet.

That's total fanfiction though, I'm just guessing.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:35 am
Bring that Beat Back

yeah, strange fame was what i was referring to but I would guess it was more then that on this album, as far as chopping and compiling (Sealegs?) since several artists are pretty remote (Buddy peace).
just guessing though...
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:41 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Yeah, this is actually the first full project where I didn't sit by anyone's side. I handled practically everything alone except for making a majority of the beats

I have very low standards as far as recording quality goes, so I'm not surprised that Jesse was able to pick out the room sound. I purchased one of those reflector filters and it doesn't do shit. That's where my mission to eliminate room reverb ended. Especially since these were just demos, I didn't want to get hung up on the little things. I just wanted to plug away and keep creating.

smake,
That was my concern about the shipping to Europe. What we have to do now is check on the costs that Zencart is generating and look into what the actual cost is at the post office. We definitely need to figure out why there is such a discrepancy. Could you tell me what country you live in?
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:49 am
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things/ and don't forget to hit the deck when my machete swings"

I'm enjoying this project, a lot. The lack of cohesiveness is what makes it feel like a mix-tape. The Sage rhymes (especially on the tracks from 2007-2009) are great to hear this way. Some great writing getting hidden away on this project. Thanks for this!
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:49 am
Jesse

Sage Francis wrote:
I have very low standards as far as recording quality goes, so I'm not surprised that Jesse was able to pick out the room sound. I purchased one of those reflector filters and it doesn't do shit. That's where my mission to eliminate room reverb ended. Especially since these were just demos, I didn't want to get hung up on the little things. I just wanted to plug away and keep creating.
Yeah it doesn't really suffer or anything.

I mean we all came up to some extent on tapes that were recorded on cassette four tracks with a cardioid mic in the middle of someone's bedroom... that had pantyhose on a coat hanger in front of it if we were lucky. Am I true? Intelligibility in indie rap is a modern luxury.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:31 am
mancabbage

I love needle, got that shit on repeat
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:20 pm
SteveJB

I remember my Failure/Ugly truth order was about 5 or 6 dollars more than it actually cost if not more but I can't remember if any of my more recent orders were out or not.

I only bring this up as someone else had brought this up in this thread and figured if you were going to be looking into it for the Netherlands it might be worth having a look at the UK shipping too.

There's a good chance I'll grab the Sleep album soon so I'll let you know if the shipping's off on that when I do.

Really liking all of this Sick of release.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:57 pm
smake

Sage Francis wrote:

smake,
That was my concern about the shipping to Europe. What we have to do now is check on the costs that Zencart is generating and look into what the actual cost is at the post office. We definitely need to figure out why there is such a discrepancy. Could you tell me what country you live in?

I live in The Netherlands, shippings costs paid were around 10 dollars, the postal stamp/actual costs were $3.12. The same happened with The Ugly Truth pre-order back then (10 dollars shipping, postal stamp was around $4.50 I believe). Also, I remember a forum user here from the UK saying the shipping was around 10 dollars for Sick Of Wasting, so I am guessing more countries have the same issue.

Edit: just saw the post above me, I was correct.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:35 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Right, thanks for the info. We're looking into it. We need to see what's up with the Zencart store system weighed against what the post office is actually charging. Hopefully we can get the system worked out properly. We still need to account for packaging and paypal fees but the gap shouldn't be that large.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:46 pm
lord soth

SteveJB wrote:

There's a good chance I'll grab the Sleep album soon so I'll let you know if the shipping's off on that when I do.

Ok please do. We'll all be riveted to our fuckin keyboards until then, waiting to find out. Ever hear of email? Why do people constantly talk about shipping in these threads? Nice work, Sage & company. I'll be buying this as soon as I get paid. I'll be sure to post here and let everyone know what the tax on that purchase ends up being.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:52 pm
Jelly87

lord soth wrote:
SteveJB wrote:

Ok please do. We'll all be riveted to our fuckin keyboards until then, waiting to find out. Ever hear of email? Why do people constantly talk about shipping in these threads? Nice work, Sage & company. I'll be buying this as soon as I get paid. I'll be sure to post here and let everyone know what the tax on that purchase ends up being.
aahhhhhhh i see what you did there
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:57 pm
mattrego

Just wanted to throw in my thank you for this. Can't wait for the BDolan and Alias. House of Bees is great.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:39 pm
kese

So, Sage says:
" ... I always extinguish birthday candles with a death blow/ dim-mak hand touch of the faithful/ secrets never leak, keep Mescalito playful./ Devil's on my shoulder saying "I don't need no angel"/ other shoulder's cold. Silence hanging from my halo..."

and people are complaining about shipping?
C'mon....

This album gets a bit better with every listen."Jaw of Steel" is my jam right now.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:02 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

b. dolan wrote:
in fairness, i don't think he was being totally serious. he will probably not die when my album drops. at least i hope he's not serious. i don't want that on my conscience.

It will be on your conscience. And it will be so much worse for you because you've met me.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:28 pm
mattrego

Pump is a banger. I am listening to it at home right now and all I could think of during the second verse is all the douchebag Rhode Islanders that run stop signs and cut me off and how I want to hurt them. Yeah!
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:20 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next