Search
Register
Deeskee "Autobiografitti"...do not sleep on this.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Dead Awake,
Did you get an email confirmation on the purchase? Because the download link is in that email.

Jesse mentioned the same thing you did but then when I explained that the download link was in the email I didn't hear back from him. So I have to assume that worked out. But follow up with me and let me know for sure.

email customerservice (at) strangefamousrecords.com and we'll respond quickly.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:24 pm
DeadAwake

Ah right. I was thinking it would come through in an order update. I wouldnt have thought of clicking on detailed invoice in the email, but thats what leads to the download. Thanks.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:48 pm
panos2p

sage i can see that at a first view these two seem to have a contradiction.i actually wrote this "I will never buy MP3s" on purpose cause i have a very different aproach than most about mp3 albums and i would like to discuss about it,besides i like arguing with making points,i think it is a very healthy proccess.

you know how much respect i have for you as an artist and even more for what you are doing with your label(b dolan and prolyphic propable would never had the chance to create these masterpieces they created and be heard if it wasn't the sf label).

i think i have made my point clear and have showed that these two do not contradicte if you see it the way i see it of course.

so where is your post at the d-sisive thread? :lol:

deadawake i can see your point and i tottaly respect it.besides thats why in this thread i encouraged people who buy mp3 albums to buy this one.
besides i have once bought an mp3 reord.it was the latest saul williams one i had pre-ordered that one,it was coming out in a physical form like years after the ditital form and it only cost 5 dollars not to mention that inside there was also a pdf lyrics booklet.of course i never bought the original one because i can't remember to like from that album not even one song but that is another story.

also a huge dissapointment was anticon themselves-freehoudini cd.i heard that the itunes version include a digital lyrics booklet.i bought the real one it didn't include a lyrics booklet (not even a digital one as a cd extra in the cd).so i emailed anticon asking for the digital booklet since i have bought their record and my first language is not english (i heard that some americans also have problems understanding doseone raps) and never recieved a reply.

i said fuck it but next time there will not be a booklet (digital or physical) in their releases i will never buy their records.you must encourage people buying the real stuff by giving them something extra than just what they can find in a blog to steal.now giving something less woe anticon has a very alternative way of thinking i guess.
Post Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:41 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I can't speak for anticon because I don't fucks with them anymore. They should have responded to you but whatever. I have spoken out about artists who give itunes extra shit that doesn't appear on the actual album. That seems ass backwards. Sure, it cuts costs since you don't have to press up a booklet...but that shouldn't be the case with labels releasing popular items.

In other news, a lot of artists (especially those without label support...like underground rappers that you like) soon won't be able to press CDs and most don't press vinyl anymore. There are many reasons for this, and it's important that people get out of the "I'll never pay for an mp3" mentality. Because without paying for the MUSIC YOU ENJOY (whether it's on 8track, vinyl, cassette, or CD) you will see a great decline in the quality of material that comes out. You won't see in quantity though. Just quality.

http://winkscollectibles.blogspot.co...-industry.html

- Digital music is now 40% of the total music purchases compared to just 8% in 2005. It is projected that it will hit 50% by the end of 2010.
Post Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:15 pm
panos2p

i prefered your previous post,with the "you are wild" line,it was flattering,at least you should keep this line to the new one.just kidding.

we totaly agree on this one "Because without paying for the MUSIC YOU ENJOY (whether it's on 8track, vinyl, cassette, or CD) you will see a great decline in the quality of material that comes out. You won't see in quantity though. Just quality."

i care people to buy what they love.if they can relate to a digital album fine they should go ahead.

i also believe that everything has a form that suits it most.let's say for me is black clothes,with white ones i look like a meatball with black just meat,so i guess it's better to dress in black.

place for music used to be vinyl,the cover art looked great,the sound was warm and the vinyl seemed alive,you could actually find the spot where your favourite word is or listen it without even electricity(have you seen the youtube video for this?).

cds are ok i guess,small, portable and less cheaper.the sound is a little sterilized,the plastic is killing it but a nice lyrics booklet can save the deal,of course there are amazing beautifull cds like mr lif mo mega but they must cost a fortune.

cd is the lowest format i can relate i guess.
it's time to take back my first provocative statement "I'll never pay for an mp3" be precies and make it something like "i would pay only for what i think it would be one of my favourite records" if some of my favourite artists only make digital music from now on i would have to buy their albums but i would be willing to spend even less for buying music from other not so much loved one artists or new ones, i would buy only the top records (thats what i do with my dvds anyway i have something like 20).
of course if i was a millionaire the things would be different,but i suppose most people listening this kind of music are not.

i know that this sound kind of weird but it's my reality and i think reality for others also,so if labels, artists and so on want to keep alive the interest of the people for new music they should know that they should release their music in a decent physical form,otherwise they will loose customers and i am not even putting the factor of illegal downloading here.mp3s even if they couldn't be downloaded for free are not the future for the music,not even a decent alternative.how much more now that can and continue be downloaded free.

nietzsche had a line like this in a book i recently read(i am not good in translating but i am trying):when you love something (music in our case) and you are doing what you have to do in order to satisfie this kind of love(buying) you end up loving what you've be doing for the loves sake(you end up love buying music).maybe this is not the healthiest kind of love but it is love and it is for arts sake,so how wrong can it be ?besides having a vinyl collection or even a cd one is nice.

By selling digital releases(generally speaking) you are taking this kind of love away from us,my cd collection is something i am proud of,my hard drive mp3 albums collection...hmmm....no.

p.s.the link you provided in your post doesn't work.

Last edited by panos2p on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:07 pm
outpatient

most people here would agree with you that a physical copy of an album is way more satisfying than a bunch of mp3s.

I don't know how feasible it is for independent musicians to sell CDs and vinyl alone and not go bankrupt, though. no money = no music.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:46 am
Jesse

Huh... didn't I write a big fat post about why I'm kind of down with buying MP3s now after years of resistance? Must have got zapped because of private transaction talk or something. Guess I should have made separate posts.

Anyway at this point, my theory on indie music is that any money you give the artist is essentially a charitable donation to help them continue their work and live, and anything they give you in return is a gift out of gratitude. I mean occasionally there's something that I just genuinely feel a need to purchase out of desire, but at least as often, if not moreso, my main aim is to support however I can, and if I get to take something home after? Awesome.

panos2p wrote:
also a huge dissapointment was anticon themselves-freehoudini cd.i heard that the itunes version include a digital lyrics booklet.i bought the real one it didn't include a lyrics booklet (not even a digital one as a cd extra in the cd).so i emailed anticon asking for the digital booklet since i have bought their record and my first language is not english (i heard that some americans also have problems understanding doseone raps) and never recieved a reply.
I didn't even know a digital booklet was offered! I could really use that lyric sheet... I can't make out a god damn word Dose says on almost the whole record except his freestyles and the track with Why? at the end. It has as much to do with the processing as his vocal style, I think.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:10 am
panos2p

hi jesse.welll i disagree in the thought that "my theory on indie music is that any money you give the artist is essentially a charitable donation to help them continue their work and live, and anything they give you in return is a gift out of gratitude"

for me paying for art is the best way to spend money(of course if you have eaten before) and i strongly believe that buying the music you want is an obligation to the artist second but first it's an obligation to your self,this way you support what you believe is right and at the same time you make sure up to your degree of course that this kind of music will continue to exist.

besides i hate charity i am ideological totaly against it.let's say you have a tv for sale,if i come to your house with a gun in my hand and take the tv without paying is clearly i believe a steal,yes i could have also shot you but that doesn't mean that since i didn't shoot you that my steal is off.if i come with a gun and still pay it's a buy and that adds even more responsibility to you that the tv better be good cause this guy could have steal it.

i am paying means i am able to demand more(more quality,a lyrics booklet maybe or albums to be a physical form or whatever).that doesn't mean you are obligated to do it but you know that if you don't maybe i am not gonna steal you but defenatly will not buy from you again.so charity no, obligation to pay yes, but it goes to the other side even heavier and that will eventually bring us better music i can guarantee that.

glad there is a guy whose first language is english and can't get a word of what dose one is rapping about cause i had started to believe that it is clearly my problem.the sound and the guests in this freehoudini cd were dope though,they reminded my good old days of anticon.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:51 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2