Search
Register
Deeskee "Autobiografitti"...do not sleep on this.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

SFR announcement

Deeskee "Autobiografitti"...do not sleep on this.  Reply with quote  

Audiobiograffiti is the new digital album from Deeskee (the producer of The Returners' SFR release "Break Up Your Make Up.")

Audiobiograffiti features appearances from Strange Famous crew-members 2Mex and Sleep, members of The Returners, plus Fat Lip (Pharcyde), Murs, Iriscience of Dilated Peoples, Prince Po of Organized Konfusion, Ikey Owens of The Mars Volta, Brother J of X-Clan, and many, many more!

Deeskee is highly underrated for all the work he's put in through the years, but 2009 is looking to be the year he gets his due. Check it out:

http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/store/deeskee-audiobiograffiti-mp3-download-p-291.html
Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:43 pm
Jesse

Fuuuuuuck those line-ups are agonizingly exciting. I'm super proud to see my little homie Thesis on the giant posse cut, too.

Edit: Even if he does only spit a hot four. Haha.
Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:39 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

awesome posse album

great stuff
Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:43 pm
Jesse

Ordered on Friday... do these download things take the weekend off? Still no sign of it, but my payment was confirmed.
Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:13 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Haha no, it doesn't take the weekend off. You should have received a download link in the email that was sent to you immediately after paying. People miss that sometimes.

If the info is not in your confirmation mail then email me. We'll figure out what happened. Thanks man.
Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:17 pm
Ardamus315

heard some of this already. reminds me a little bit of when Beneath The Surface dropped a while back.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:31 pm
panos2p

would never buy an mp3 album but who ever buys better buy this one.so many mcs and still dope,that says it all.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:36 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

panos2p wrote:
would never buy an mp3 album but who ever buys better buy this one.so many mcs and still dope,that says it all.

Moments earlier in another thread about d-sisive:

panos2p wrote:
it's a pity nobody else got in the trouble to write(or to listen this cd???hope not), it seems everybody is bussy with eminem shitty album.

i shouldn't be surprised,it's just another sign of the times we are living

just sayin'
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:47 pm
panos2p

sage would you like to send you a couple of pics of how many originals cds and vinyls i have?

just because i hate digital shit doesn't have anything to do with people not searching for good artists outside of what the tv plays and support them.
i am supporting everything i like and i can keep in my hands.if everybody was buying records like i do there would be no need for mp3 albums.

it's a matter of aesthetics and of real supporting.i believe that a mp3 album collection in your hard disc not only will not help you apreciate an album but the exact opposite actually,will make you forget it completely after a couple of days (or a couple of clicks i should say).
do you know anyone with a hard disc mp3 collection know any producers of the tracks?

you made a completely wrong comparison here.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:00 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I don't think I made a wrong comparison. You live in GREECE. Haha. You really love underground rappers, and that is awesome. But a lot of people aren't going to be able to release ANYTHING other than MP3s in order to see return on their efforts. And it's weird having a bunch of people who are full participants in the "download revolution" claiming that they'll never pay for an MP3. Think of it as paying for music.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:12 pm
panos2p

i still believe you made a wrong comparison.

i am from greece exactly,that is my point, you are from usa,you have so many places to go to make concerts to get your first money and to release a real record and since we are living in a globalization world your music (cause of english language) can travel all over the world, that means even more choices to make some money, so the last thing i would exepct from artists there is to say buy my mp3 or else i will never be able to press a cd(even a limited edition one for people whose aesthetics is like mine).

the world in our days is full of artists not willing to pay shit, for making music, for releasing music or even do concerts to promote their stuf.you know why?because everybody is stealing (music,software programmes and so on) learns to invest nothing, risk nothing and then he easily can say i am an artist.with what you wrote you legalize the whole attitude of ask for money but not be willing to give first.

i used to rap and write lyrics,i would like to believe they were good.i never managed to save the money i needed to press a real cd,so i quit.
the average salary here is one of the lowest in europian union (about 680 euros each month) and there is no way( i mean nobody has made it till now) not to make gangsta-r'n'b shit and make a living by hiphop music.same goes for more or less for most europian countries.should europians stop buying good music cause they don't have same chances as americans to make it in music industry?hell no.so if you want reasons to complain europians have more for sure.

and there is a big difference to somebody who easily says "i don't buy mp3 albums" and doesn't buy physical albums either (he maybe has a huge hard disk memory full of albums he stole) with someone who says "i don't buy mp3 albums cause i am buying as much as i can physical ones and i have ideological differences with mp3 music."i didn't say that in this thread cause nobody asked me why but attacking me and making a comparison like this i insist it's totaly unfair.

Last edited by panos2p on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:48 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

huh...wow. I don't know what to say, man. I don't think I'm making a wrong comparison. My comparison is accurate.

If you're in a place where MP3s are the main way for you to support artists, and you're here saying you would never buy an MP3, I think that's bunk.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:50 pm
panos2p

didn't even know this album is not gonna be released by strange famous in a cd or something.i really can't remember anything else from this site i liked and was only in mp3 form.

you wanted the reasons why i am against buying mp3 albums should ask, not comparing,not attacking but still you got them and you still insist...
what the hell it's your forum,it's 6 o'clock in the morning here,so i am out and str8 to bed.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:58 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I'm certainly not trying scold you. That's not my point. I think my argument is sound. And it was interesting seeing your comment in the other thread because in a way it contradicted your "I will never buy MP3s" sentiment.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:10 pm
DeadAwake

I payed for the The Returners album via paypal, except i think the payment just cleared now and i havent received the download link.

panos2p i used to download mp3s and now i dont except a few tracks off an album im plan to buy and i do that rarely. I buy all the albums i want whether it be Alanis Morrisette, Van Halen or Public Enemy. It actually kind of makes me question if i buy an album from 1992 from a electronics store, if im still supporting the artist.. thats a different story. Online mp3 purchase is not my cup of tea, but for the artists involved its a good prospect indicator i think. Besides, if you got heaps of albums whats 10$ for a mp3 album every now and then?

I wanted to purchase The Returners album as a physical form. I actually read some small reviews or even just opinions about the song "powerless" on a forum. A few people thought the meshing of artists on the song didnt work so well. Maybe 20% of the people there said that. So its good in that way, getting feedback and not just monetarily. Plus if you wanna see more of an artist or group, money is pretty much the only way to support them unless your working with them. From some things ive heard the music industry is in a bit of a state of disarray.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:21 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next