Search
Register
Family Outraged After Officer Shoots Their Dog
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

neveragainlikesheep

Family Outraged After Officer Shoots Their Dog  Reply with quote  

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story/Family-Outraged-After-Officer-Shoots-Their-Dog/s8GbE4dftEigqCUBVDkUzA.cspx

CINCINNATI -- A Blue Ash family is outraged after returning home to find their dog had been shot and killed by a police officer.

The dog was a Chihuahua-mix named “Jack” that Scott and Sharon Bullock had given to their 12-year-old son for his birthday a few years ago.

When the Bullocks returned home from a family member's funeral on Friday, they found blood and three bullets on their front porch – along with a note to call the Blue Ash Police Department about their dog.

The Bullocks were shocked to learn that Jack had gotten out of the backyard and two officers who tried to catch him, ended up shooting and killing him right on the family's front porch.

"He was cornered on the porch and scared," said Sharon Bullock. "The officer bent down bare-handed to pick up Jack, and Jack bit him."

"My five-year-old cried himself to sleep the night before last, wanting his dog," said Sharon Bullock.

"He ‘barks’ for him" added Scott Bullock. "He'd ‘bark’ and Jack would always come to him, so he's outside going ‘Bark bark bark,’ hoping he's gonna come back. It's heartbreaking."

The Bullocks told their five-year-old and three-year-old sons that Jack ran away.

The Bullocks admit they were at fault for leaving their dog outside, and are sorry the officer was bitten, but they say their dog was not a vicious animal and had never bitten anyone before.

They're wondering why the officers didn't call the SPCA to catch the dog.

"They didn't make that phone call other than to come scoop the dog off the porch after they shot him," said Scott Bullock. "Two grown men that can't gather up a five-pound dog – and they're trained police officers – sounds ridiculous to me."

That officer later explained to the family that he was following procedure.

Blue Ash police say one of the officers was bitten on both hands. One hand was bitten 17 times and the other was bitten nine times.

The dog was holding on so tight he left one of his teeth in the officer's hands.

An officer attempted to tase the dog while another officer was holding him, but it did not work, so they had to shoot the animal.

Blue Ash police say the officers handled the situation according to department policy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fuck this "department policy" bullshit. What the fuck is wrong with these inbred morons? Shooting a tiny dog three times and leaving it on someone's porch.. Unbelievable... These people are fucking monsters.
Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:06 pm
Travadone

if that dog did that to me i grab it by the tail and repeatedly swing him in a circle and lauch it to the m00n.

or kick the dog off a bridge like jack black in anchorman.

thats how i roll.
Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:10 pm
Plum Puddin'

They unloaded 3 bullets on a Chihuahua?

Thank god those cops are ok..
Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:24 pm
redball

They let it bite them 17 times then they decided they just had to shoot it? Of course, only after they used their other favorite toy.

I can hear the recording now...

Officer 1: Huh huh, dude, let's tazer it!
Officer 2: Ow! Shoot it! Shoot it!
Officer 1: Dude, you better clean that up.
Officer 2: No way, Butthead, let's just leave a note and get out of here...
Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:28 pm
phataccino

This story pits my antipathy for police against my disdain for dog people. Fuck these cops for their actions, and fuck them double for making me side with the dog owners.
Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:54 pm
R. Kamidees

Re: Family Outraged After Officer Shoots Their Dog  Reply with quote  

neveragainlikesheep wrote:
Fuck this "department policy" bullshit. What the fuck is wrong with these inbred morons? Shooting a tiny dog three times and leaving it on someone's porch.. Unbelievable... These people are fucking monsters.

They didn't leave it on the porch.

Quote:

When the Bullocks returned home from a family member's funeral on Friday, they found blood and three bullets (I'm assuming that the reporter meant shell casings) on their front porch – along with a note to call the Blue Ash Police Department about their dog.

But seriously, does Blue Ash not have animal control? There is no way that they were "following procedure."
Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:11 pm
Shinigami

why would you just let your dog roam the hood while no one was home? careless ownership, this could have all been avoided.
Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:26 pm
Charlie Foxtrot

Re: Family Outraged After Officer Shoots Their Dog  Reply with quote  

The dog was holding on so tight he left one of his teeth in the officer's hands.

And then the tazer didn't work? WTF kind of dog is this?
Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:37 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

i feel like i was recently arguing on this forum with someone about wether or not cops just kill peoples dogs like real dick heads. and i remember being told that it was just probably not true like i was just makin a tall tale. and here we have another story.
Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:39 pm
redball

Well, if a big dog comes at you it's a little more valid. Tazering and shooting a 5 pound chihuahua for biting a stranger is a bit like killing a lost kid because he kicked you in the shins. That dog was never dangerous. What was he going to do, go for your Achilles tendon and take you down?

What's missing from this story is why the cops were there. My bet is that one of the neighbors just made a new enemy.
Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:10 pm
neveragainlikesheep

R. Kamidees wrote:

They didn't leave it on the porch.

I meant to say "a note."

Shinigami wrote:
why would you just let your dog roam the hood while no one was home? careless ownership, this could have all been avoided.

They left him in the backyard and he got out. He wasn't just running around apparently.
Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:19 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

the correct procedure would be to call animal control. you only shoot if it's big dogs biting. they shot cuz they had a gun and was mad.

why would u shoot a dog attached to your partners hand anyways? a tiny little dog? seems to me the dog was probably off the hand when they shot it.
Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:21 pm
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

this is nothing new, didnt anyone hear about this?

Mayor wants federal probe after SWAT raids house, kills dogsStory Highlights
Raid carried out after marijuana package mailed to home of Cheye Calvo

Deputies said they shot Calvo's dogs because they felt threatened by them

Calvo says he and his mother-in-law were handcuffed next to dog's carcass

Sheriff's Department expresses sympathy, doesn't apologize

Next Article in Crime »

Read VIDEO

(CNN) -- A Maryland mayor is asking the federal government to investigate why SWAT team members burst into his home without knocking and shot his two dogs to death in an investigation into a drug smuggling scheme.

Berwyn Heights, Maryland, Mayor Cheye Calvo comforts wife Trinity Tomsic at a news conference Thursday.

1 of 2 "This has been a difficult week and a half for us," Cheye Calvo, mayor of Berwyn Heights, Maryland, said Thursday. "We lost our family dogs. We did it at the hands of sheriff's deputies who burst through our front door, rifles blazing."

The raid last week was led by the Prince George's County Police Department, with the sheriff's special operations team assisting, after a package of marijuana was sent to Calvo's home.

Authorities say the package was part of a scheme in which drugs are mailed to unknowing recipients and then intercepted.

Calvo said he had just returned home from walking his two Labrador retrievers, Chase and Payton, when his mother-in-law told him a package had arrived for his wife, Trinity Tomsic.

Moments later, Calvo was in his room changing for a meeting when he heard commotion downstairs.

"The door flew open," he said. "I heard gunfire shoot off. There was a brief pause and more gunfire."

Calvo said he was brought downstairs at gunpoint in his boxer shorts, handcuffed and forced onto the floor with his mother-in-law near the carcass of one of dead dogs. Watch Calvo describe the raid »

"I noticed my two dead dogs lying in pools of their own blood," Calvo said.

Calvo said his mother-in-law is still recovering from the incident.

"She got the worst of it," Calvo said. "She was literally in the kitchen, cooking a lovely pasta dish, and they brought down the door and shot our dogs."

While he was being held, Calvo said, he told police he is the town's mayor, but they didn't believe him.

Berwyn Heights has its own police force, he said, but Prince George's County police did not notify the municipal authorities of their interest in his home or the package.

"They didn't know my name. All they knew was my wife's name. They matched that to the registration of the car," Calvo said. "It was that lack of communication that really led to what has really been the most traumatic experience of our lives."

After the raid, arrests were made in the package interception scheme.

The incident has prompted the couple to call for a federal investigation because, they say, they don't believe police are capable of conducting an internal investigation.

"They've said they've done nothing wrong," Calvo said. "I didn't sign up for this fight, but I think what we have to do now is make changes to how Prince George's County police and Prince George's County sheriff's department operate."

Calvo said authorities entered his home without knocking and refused to show him a warrant when he requested one.

But Prince George's County Police Department spokeswoman Sharon Taylor said legal counsel had informed her that "no-knock" warrants do not exist in Maryland. Watch authorities defend their actions »

Taylor said authorities were acting on a warrant issued based on information available to them at the time.

"This warrant was for permission to search the premises," she said. "The special operations team that supported us made a decision about the necessity of entry at the point of being on the scene."

"No-knock" warrants have drawn criticism before. In Atlanta, Georgia, Kathryn Johnston, 92, was shot to death by police in a botched drug raid involving such a warrant in November.

Taylor, a self-described dog lover, expressed sympathy for the loss of Calvo's dogs, but stopped short of apologizing for the incident.

"We've done these similar kinds of operations over and over again, to the tune of removing billions of dollars of drugs from the community and without people or animals being harmed," she said. "We don't want any of our operations to result in the injury or loss of anybody, and certainly not animals."

The deputies have said they killed the two animals because they felt threatened.

"I would say that the dogs presented a threat, I would imagine, to the special operations situation," Taylor said.

Meanwhile, Calvo and his wife said members of the community have expressed sympathy and concern about the incident.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/08/07/mayor.warrant/
Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:51 pm
Shinigami

that's fucked up.
Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:55 pm
Dr Sagacious

It's as if someone took a large dump on this planet while passing by our solar system.
Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:20 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next