Search
Register
Bike for Three! VINYL now available
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

CriticalTheory_Breakfast

futuristxen wrote:
I bought this on the iTunes last night because I couldn't wait any longer. Like it a lot. If it comes out in vinyl again on SFR, I want. Buck 65 love songs...swoon.

haha the guy is classy, thats for sure.
Post Sun May 31, 2009 12:22 pm
El Jefe

I remember listening to a bunch of early versions of these songs on Facebook about a year ago, and really liking them. Definitely unlike anything else I listen to. The reason it took so long to put out, was because of problems with finding someone to release it, right? Maybe since they finally got that worked out, they'll be able to put out another one fairly soon.

And does anybody know about the Mushroom Record store in New Orleans? It's the closest place to me that carries a healthy supply of indie stuff, and it's gonna be my only chance of getting this for awhile. Here's hoping...
Post Sun May 31, 2009 12:26 pm
futuristxen

El Jefe wrote:

And does anybody know about the Mushroom Record store in New Orleans? It's the closest place to me that carries a healthy supply of indie stuff, and it's gonna be my only chance of getting this for awhile. Here's hoping...

I used to shop at the Mushroom all the time. It's got pretty decent selection. Sometimes they have weird things that they are missing, but they'll order stuff for you obviously.

I would call ahead of time if it's a big drive for you. For me, it was literally a five minute walk from my dorm, so if they didn't have something it was no big deal.

I remember them being a little light on most anticon releases, actually. But they always had Sage and Atmosphere stuff.
Post Sun May 31, 2009 12:35 pm
El Jefe

futuristxen wrote:
El Jefe wrote:

I used to shop at the Mushroom all the time. It's got pretty decent selection. Sometimes they have weird things that they are missing, but they'll order stuff for you obviously.

I would call ahead of time if it's a big drive for you. For me, it was literally a five minute walk from my dorm, so if they didn't have something it was no big deal.

I remember them being a little light on most anticon releases, actually. But they always had Sage and Atmosphere stuff.

For me, it's the only real record store I've ever been in that wasn't a franchise. I'm headed down there next week anyway just to hang around for the day, so I was going to stop by there. There really isn't any CD other than this one that I'm looking for right now.
Post Sun May 31, 2009 1:56 pm
hexagone
n3wb 4 life

I am enjoying this. Last night I drove at slightly illegal speeds on an empty highway toward the city listening to this- it was a superb time. There may have been a correlation between the speed and the music.
Post Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:20 am
Jesse

They're already a few songs deep on the follow-up!
Post Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:32 pm
JohnnyRockWell

Yo Yo.. Luv the sound of this new project, will definitely be picking it up.
Post Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:17 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

VINYL!

http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/store/buck-65-greetings-from-tuskan-are-bike-for-three-lp-p-289.html
Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:16 pm
AdamBomb

futuristxen wrote:
El Jefe wrote:

Man, I live out in this neck of the woods, but didn't know that place existed. I thought Best Buy was as deep as it got out here for new stuff. On another note, I hit up Domino Record shack from time to time (for older vinyl and reissues).
Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:27 pm
El Jefe

AdamBomb wrote:
futuristxen wrote:
El Jefe wrote:

Man, I live out in this neck of the woods, but didn't know that place existed. I thought Best Buy was as deep as it got out here for new stuff. On another note, I hit up Domino Record shack from time to time (for older vinyl and reissues).

I fuckin' love it, man. I could spend all day in there. It's run superbly too. Everyone in there is super friendly, and they're open every day 'til at least midnight, pretty sure it's later on weekends. Tons of posters and shirts, too, but they're a mess to look through. The music is well organized though. I did notice there wasn't a very extensive rap catalog, but they did have "Reasonable Doubt" which I've never seen in stores, around here at least.

The way I'm going on about it, it sounds like I work there. haha

But like I said, living in a town where the Wal-Mart is the most reliable place for music, an actual music store that carries Buck 65 stuff does my fuckin head in.
Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:06 pm
AdamBomb

So they don't have an extensive rap catalog, but they do carry limited underground hip hop?

I may have to hit them up tomorrow and scoop up this Buck 65 album. Gotta say...for a city with so many musicians and places to see music, there aren't many places to shop for music or buy music instruments.
Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:16 pm
El Jefe

AdamBomb wrote:
So they don't have an extensive rap catalog, but they do carry limited underground hip hop?

I may have to hit them up tomorrow and scoop up this Buck 65 album. Gotta say...for a city with so many musicians and places to see music, there aren't many places to shop for music or buy music instruments.

I don't know if they've got this one, but last time I was in there, they did have "Talkin Honky Blues" and "Secret House...", so there's a good chance.

The two main stores I always try to check out when I'm in town are The Mushroom and Peaches. I prefer Mushroom, but I've found some pretty cool stuff in Peaches too. If it means anything, Peaches is a much fancier set up.
Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:23 pm
remind

Need...this...CD...now...
Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:17 pm
Jesse

Buck hopes that this record will, once and for all, kill the "country rap" tag that has plagued him (somewhat, but not entirely, unfairly) since THB.

What do you think?
Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:45 am
Travadone

ive never got into buck 65,his voice is a big turn off.
Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:50 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next