Search
Register
SFR Showcase in CONNECTICUT on May 23rd.
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

FreddyD

Sage Francis wrote:
Thanks, man. I'm glad you made it out. And I was really happy to see Shane pop in during the PFA set.

My brother showed up with 4 people which was a total surprise. The crowd was really not big enough to make me think I should play CT more often. The sound was atrocious and my ears are still ringing. But everyone put on a damn good show. I was having fun even though I was antagonizing Mr. Dolan to no end. But when I rap I really need a lot of space around me or else I start getting anxieties. haha

New London is a rough place to play. I realize it's closer to RI and all, but you're not going to get a representative showing of CT heads by playing there. Regardless, I wanted to make the trip, but everyone I had slated to accompany me bailed because of the venue. Excuses excuses, I know. If you played in Hartford or New Haven or more of a central location I think the turnout would be tremendously better. Have you ever played the state's capital? I guarantee you'd stuff just about anywhere in tha Heartbeat. I say this because I don't want you to quit on CT. We need more shows here more often.
Post Mon May 25, 2009 6:33 pm
Jesse

CriticalTheory_Breakfast wrote:
haha you gotta be a special kind of person to get into it with Jared. Congrats, you made the claws come out. haha.
Oh yeah it's old news though, he got chilly with me like two years ago when I said PETA was sexist and tried to talk to b. about how Bombzo's homophobia might go over.

I'm like the "that guy's" "that guy."
Post Mon May 25, 2009 9:11 pm
mjacpa
i type like i'm having a seizure.

Regarding the sign, I couldnt recall the name on the sign from the show, I had had a few drinks and was trying to enjoy the show, it was like the next day while I was on the computer trying to remember what that sign was all about

I did read the post on this board regarding the show. I went there to see everyone perform, just like I had gone to the benefit show in Providence. In my head I thought it was going to be like the providence show

Further I was pretty ampted up for the show after driving an hour and a half to get to it.

I'm not going to apologize for being confused or disappointed for thinking it would be like the Prov show, I just wanted to discuss different aspects of the show and provide feedback.

Overall, i thought it was a good show.
Post Tue May 26, 2009 10:28 am
Jared Paul

mjacpa wrote:
Regarding the sign, I couldnt recall the name on the sign from the show, I had had a few drinks and was trying to enjoy the show, it was like the next day while I was on the computer trying to remember what that sign was all about

I did read the post on this board regarding the show. I went there to see everyone perform, just like I had gone to the benefit show in Providence. In my head I thought it was going to be like the providence show

Further I was pretty ampted up for the show after driving an hour and a half to get to it.

I'm not going to apologize for being confused or disappointed for thinking it would be like the Prov show, I just wanted to discuss different aspects of the show and provide feedback.

Overall, i thought it was a good show.

Well said! And thank you for the clarification. I definitely wasn't looking for any kind of apology- it's just been a while since Jesse and I last made out, and apparently he was only using you to get me back in bed. It's an abusive mess, but neither of us wants to leave. You know how it is.

The Providence show was a legal defense fund raiser for our RNC case, featuring SFR artists, but head-lined by Francis. Different than the New London and Portland shows. I didn't know that you came out to support for the fund raiser, and I thank you for that. Glad you made it out to New London as well, even if it wasn't what you were expecting.
Post Tue May 26, 2009 11:39 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
skobie won

Jared Paul, your the fucking man and thank you for the invite.
i will def be there and im trying to get Chris to let me do a Set seeing as how i've let his band use my pa for almost a year and let them do a ton of my shows at my house. Being the only rap artist there would be solid.
Oh and Fuck You Tom Delay Was Fucking great as usual. hahaha
and i got your email and ill see if Swope can send his pics from Sat like he did for your fund Raiser.
Post Tue May 26, 2009 8:47 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2