Profile
Search
Register
Log in
A message to "dog people": FU STFU
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Author Message
C.R.A.Z.Y



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 2734
Location: Vote for me and i'll vote for you.
 Reply with quote  

jessee he lived in a converted mansion down the street from me. he was not poor ... and when i say he was ignorant i mean not stupid, but " ignorant to right or wrong " like his behavior made no difference. and im not going to keep arguing with you or debating or discussing with you. i feel not like i can today.

oh and when you say you dont like the word ghetto and what it connotates, i also dont like his behavior and what it connotates. his behavior to me was the action equivalent of the ugly way you dont like that word being used by people. his actions to me were just like when someone says the word to you.

and if anyone else is upset that i used the word ghetto then i apologize if you are bothered, but i really do feel like this guy thinks he is " ghetto " and that he aims to project that and so i wont take it back, because i feel what he aims to project is UGLY and a stereo type. also i grew up in the warren area polish "ghettos" in downtown detroit and i am proud of it.

peace y'all.
Post Fri May 22, 2009 2:22 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Captiv8



Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 8547
Location: Third Coast
 Reply with quote  

futuristxen wrote:
I'm completely serious about keeping kids away from society until the age of 22, whereupon a special judge/social worker decides when they are ready to integrate back into things. And perhaps when they are toddlers, we can hook them up to little generators and have their moron energy power entire cities. I'll name mine Sleestak and teach him how to balance a book on his head when he walks. It'll be his thing.


This reminds me of The Giver.
Post Fri May 22, 2009 2:49 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Captiv8



Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 8547
Location: Third Coast
 Reply with quote  

C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
jessee he lived in a converted mansion down the street from me. he was not poor ... and when i say he was ignorant i mean not stupid, but " ignorant to right or wrong " like his behavior made no difference. and im not going to keep arguing with you or debating or discussing with you. i feel not like i can today.

oh and when you say you dont like the word ghetto and what it connotates, i also dont like his behavior and what it connotates. his behavior to me was the action equivalent of the ugly way you dont like that word being used by people. his actions to me were just like when someone says the word to you.

and if anyone else is upset that i used the word ghetto then i apologize if you are bothered, but i really do feel like this guy thinks he is " ghetto " and that he aims to project that and so i wont take it back, because i feel what he aims to project is UGLY and a stereo type. also i grew up in the warren area polish "ghettos" in downtown detroit and i am proud of it.

peace y'all.


I'm swooning something fierce right now, Crazy. Don't worry, I got your back.
Post Fri May 22, 2009 2:51 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 6311
Location: airstrip one
 Reply with quote  

Captiv8 wrote:
futuristxen wrote:
I'm completely serious about keeping kids away from society until the age of 22, whereupon a special judge/social worker decides when they are ready to integrate back into things. And perhaps when they are toddlers, we can hook them up to little generators and have their moron energy power entire cities. I'll name mine Sleestak and teach him how to balance a book on his head when he walks. It'll be his thing.


This reminds me of The Giver.


I honestly thought that multiple times in this thread so far too.
Post Fri May 22, 2009 3:11 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
outpatient



Joined: 07 Jul 2005
Posts: 475
Location: haggis and scotch eggs
 Reply with quote  

tommi teardrop wrote:
Owning a pet dog is sort of fucked up. If you are okay with that, it's fine. But don't try to bring some symbiosis argument just to justify that you like having another living thing around that depends on you so that you can feel better about yourself and your life.


that's what makes cats great: they don't really depend on you, they just mooch food and lie in comfortable places. they're like little furry hustlers.
Post Fri May 22, 2009 5:12 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Raoul DeGroot



Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Posts: 2437
Location: Son Quest
 Reply with quote  

futuristxen wrote:

noise wrote:
futuristxen, you're a fucking dumbass and I barely surf this forum anymore because of the ridiculous shit you say. you're a freakin idiot. this whole forum suffers because of your ignorance. someone who i am close with in real life who also lurks around here believes the same, this place has really gone downhill.


Haha. Good. Because I was talking to one of my friends who doesn't even read this forum, and she believe you're a turd. A third friend of mine, who you might know, isn't surprised you said that shit, because he says you're kind of a worthless person. We had a teleconference about what kind of pizza you like. I said anchovy and onion, because you probably have fish breath.

I've been posting here since 2001 too by the way. So if the place has gone downhill, it's not me it's you.




hah! -"probably has fish breath" That is some funny shit.

He does probably!
Post Fri May 22, 2009 5:29 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Cotterpin



Joined: 16 Mar 2009
Posts: 24
Location: Brooklyn, NY
 Reply with quote  

i know i am late to this thread, but...

and before i start let me say that i love dogs, cats, pigs too!, and kids, i work with kids, and i cannot wait to have kids of my own, i wish i could afford to have one right now... anyway.

i would just like to add that there are tons and tons of articles written and research conducted on the positive impact that owning a dog potentially has on human health, both physical and psychological. on the anthropomorphism subject - does your pet love you? does it care about you? when it licks you, is it kissing you to give affection or licking salt off of your skin? i really don't think it matters whether we know the answers to these questions. what matters is that when human beings believe these things about their dogs, the positive impact that the dog can have on the human emotional state (AND physical state, there are studies done on the positive effect that having a dog can have on recovering from cancer, HIV, and other diseases) is really impressive. so, you can hate on dogs all you want, believe they don't care about anyone, etc, but at least respect the fact that they are frequently powerful beings for the people who live with them. many people quote their pet as being the one reason why they didn't commit suicide, for example, at the most extreme end.

and, by the way, dogs can also have a very positive effect on kids. i did my own research on the psychological effect of owning a dog on middle schoolers. working with kids therapeutically i heard on more than one occasion a child say that their dog understands them in a way that nobody else does in a moment of crisis. can we prove that that's true, that the dog really did understand her? no, but does it really matter? she believes it and it makes her feel better.
Post Fri May 22, 2009 5:53 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Raoul DeGroot



Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Posts: 2437
Location: Son Quest
 Reply with quote  

Ultra dog lovers are some social weirdos though. They have relationship problems because they can't bear the hassle of interpreting the emotions of creatures that express their feelings outside of drool heavy tail wagging or agitated barking. They feel rejected by beings that don't love everyone who scratches their tummy for 5 minutes.
Every one of them. That's true.

I hate going over to a dog person's house and sitting on their beds because it smells like dog butt glands.
The dog belongs outside because they naturally smell like Chewbacca in the deathstar trash compactor. That is their natural scent.

And if you put a t-shirt on the dog, it should escape and run into the woods, returning hours later, naked and reeking of possum sweat, with about a grape cluster of deer ticks in its fur. If your dog doesn't do this, well.., you don't have a dog, you have a beaten husk of an animal.

I like to pick up little dogs, and pet them, and hold them up, and say to them, "Look at YOU! You were a wolf once and now what are you? You are a yappy shivering rodent that drinks our toilet water and relishes it. yes you arre Yes you are little mister." The dog always agrees. Or, if he is a riled up little fucker, barks ineffectually. The blank, knowledgeless bark of the damned.
Haha we demolished their little genepools those little dummies. So good.
Post Fri May 22, 2009 5:58 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Dr Sagacious



Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Posts: 1843
Location: Redford
 Reply with quote  

Haha, man you have some good posts.

I love dogs, but I ain't a dog zealot. I know so many of those fruitcups that it makes me want to throw their little Yapper-ass Yorkies out a window. Big dogs FTW.

Oh, and by the way. If any of you douchebags own a lap dog, just think if all the humans died out, that dog's chance (amongst his little dog peers) of surviving is ZERO. The little dogs would vanish, and the big dogs would thrive. Which I'd be clapping my hands, and tra-la-laing in non-existence somewhere because of it.

Some of the worst dog zealots are dog breeders. I'm looking at you Yorkie (or any small dog), Pit Bull, and German Shepherd breeders.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 12:55 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Majawala



Joined: 14 Oct 2005
Posts: 1806
 Reply with quote  

if my friend hugs someone his dog barks and tries to seperate them. jelousy perhaps? just sayin.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 1:34 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Dr Sagacious



Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Posts: 1843
Location: Redford
 Reply with quote  

That's a territory thing. That's like if I walked up, and hugged your girlfriend. Started dry humping her, maybe asked for her number. All right in front of you.

I'm sure you'd start barking. But then I'd give you a treat, and we'd see eye-to-eye after that.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 1:39 am
 View user's profile Send private message
shambhala



Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 6303
Location: the barber of hard truths
 Reply with quote  

this girl i was dating was dog sitting this "puggle" (horribly inbred mess of a species), and its owner had literally a 5 page list of instructions, among which was it was only allowed two ice cubes a night for water (and had to lick the ice cubes), had to wear a sweater after 6 pm, and had to be carried up and down flights of stairs. i fed him beer repeatedly and forced him to learn to walk down the stairs. that dog made tremendous strides under my care. it was a special time for both of us.

i was raised a dog person but cats are much more fun to watch. high. or not. trust me on this one.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 6:51 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
shambhala



Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 6303
Location: the barber of hard truths
 Reply with quote  

and jesse when you post sometimes i imagine one of those cartoon sirens in the background, and read your posts with a dick tracy accent. you must lay off the policing, for the love of god please.

i am in Thimphu, Bhutan. the dogs are everywhere. everywhere. there are so many of these fucking dogs. they fill the void of existence and unfathomable space. but they are well behaved because people throw rocks at them when they act out. perhaps we can learn something from the people of Bhutan, and next time a dog shakes itself near your picnic table, throw a rock at its face. we will all be better off for it. but these dogs, just lay around all day, and you think, "good dogs!" but then night falls, and the town becomes West Side Story for dogs. they fight in gangs, and another dog will come tearing down the street woofing, like, "oh yeah motherfuckers its on now!" and then they bark all night and eventually i kill all of them because i cannot sleep. maybe.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 7:03 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jesse



Joined: 02 Jul 2002
Posts: 6166
Location: privileged homeless
 Reply with quote  

shambhala wrote:
and jesse when you post sometimes i imagine one of those cartoon sirens in the background, and read your posts with a dick tracy accent. you must lay off the policing, for the love of god please.
I don't know man, that sounds pretty fun actually. Are you sure you wouldn't miss it?
Post Sat May 23, 2009 12:17 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jonthekingdon



Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Posts: 540
 Reply with quote  

fuck it dude, lets go bowling.
Post Sat May 23, 2009 11:17 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:23 pm
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon