Search
Register
Portland, ME 5/22 with B. Dolan, Prolyphic, PFA
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

A myspace comment left by Dave
http://www.myspace.com/mikedeee3

"Saige what the hell man your playin in maine here and you got these prejudice bands(Jared Paul) against using maarijuana or alcohol but there idiots just cause they cant use it responsibly don't mean they gotta be prejudice against someone who does use it responsibly it dont get in the way of everyone. I never thought id say this but F U Saige for bringing them round my state. Now I cant go to your show and im pissed cause you put on a good show thanks a lot for bringing your prejudice friends around or if your just makin money off em i don't know. Next time come solo I got a group o cats that wanna see saige do dances but not with prejudice people around. Signed a long time fan"
Post Tue May 19, 2009 7:54 pm
Travadone

Sage Francis wrote:

"Saige what the hell man your playin in maine here and you got these prejudice bands(Jared Paul) against using maarijuana or alcohol but there idiots just cause they cant use it responsibly don't mean they gotta be prejudice against someone who does use it responsibly it dont get in the way of everyone. I never thought id say this but F U Saige for bringing them round my state. Now I cant go to your show and im pissed cause you put on a good show thanks a lot for bringing your prejudice friends around or if your just makin money off em i don't know. Next time come solo I got a group o cats that wanna see saige do dances but not with prejudice people around. Signed a long time fan"
thats awesome,i enjoyed daves post. "F U Saige"
Post Tue May 19, 2009 7:59 pm
Jared Paul

Sage Francis wrote:

I like how he said 'prejudice' like 10 times. This is an awesome piece of writing right here- gold actually. On cloudy days, when i need a guaranteed belly laugh I will come back and read about Mike Dee boycotting the Portland show and chewing Francis out on account of PFA's prejudice against 'maarijuana.' hahahahahahahah. This is AWESOME.
Post Tue May 19, 2009 11:30 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
redball

Wow. That was even funnier than the religious zealotry I was expecting.
Post Wed May 20, 2009 10:09 am
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

Years from now, our great grandchildren will read about this mysterious hero (Dave) fighting the evil oppressor (Jared Paul) for his right to consume illegal drugs and drink alcohol at a show. As it will be written, Jared was able to overpower Dave (mostly because he was high) and thus forced him out of a show, all the while yelling derogatory terms at him. Dave then went home and told his children that they, someday, will live in a world where they can drink and smoke, without dealing with someone else's "opinions" and "life choices". Disgusting. Fight the good fight, David. Fight the good fight.
Post Wed May 20, 2009 10:19 am
Alan Hague

Sage Francis wrote:
thanks a lot for bringing your prejudice friends around or if your just makin money off em i don't know.

That's right - rakin' it in hand-over-fist, $age.
Post Wed May 20, 2009 3:59 pm
radiodecay

Hahaha. Aw, fuck. I wish I was still coming out that way for this, but I'll just have to wait for the pictures and imagine myself getting my dome rocked by invisible math and witchcraft. Stay prejudiced.
Post Wed May 20, 2009 7:19 pm
erich

dave's not here, man.
Post Thu May 21, 2009 10:52 am
mzehe916

What is PFA's philosophy? I haven't heard or read anything about them being against the drinking or marijuana (besides JP's personal stance on it, which is fine). Is PFA sXe? I got me a marks-a-lot broad tip so i can fake the funk if they are.
Post Thu May 21, 2009 12:20 pm
erich

i can say that i've smoked cigarettes, drank alcohol and been high in the presence of jared on several occasions, and i dont think it was uncomfortable at all. for me, anyway. homie wasnt born yesterday. in fact, i could extend that to include basically every straight edge providence head i've met.

now, housekeeping fucking with his recyclables is another story... ;)
Post Thu May 21, 2009 2:03 pm
Dj Mayonnaise

Sage Francis wrote:

Holy stereotypical Mainer Batman.
Post Thu May 21, 2009 2:06 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Every time I read that message I laugh out loud. It's classic.
Post Thu May 21, 2009 2:13 pm
al(phonic)

im not goin because i cant smoke a huge blunt with saige and funnel beers with jared paul...

or because i have a stupid fucking wedding! ill be in portland, too. grr. oh, and im missing the annual man canoe trip. and the ufc event. fuck weddings and being too nice to do what i want.

maybe i bridesmaid will make my night worth it
Post Thu May 21, 2009 7:18 pm
Jared Paul

mzehe916 wrote:
What is PFA's philosophy? I haven't heard or read anything about them being against the drinking or marijuana (besides JP's personal stance on it, which is fine). Is PFA sXe? I got me a marks-a-lot broad tip so i can fake the funk if they are.

Erich wrote:
i can say that i've smoked cigarettes, drank alcohol and been high in the presence of jared on several occasions, and i dont think it was uncomfortable at all. for me, anyway. homie wasnt born yesterday. in fact, i could extend that to include basically every straight edge providence head i've met.

now, housekeeping fucking with his recyclables is another story... ;)

There's an odd combination of vegan, vegetarian, and dead sober-ness in PFA (for instance, Cousin Tom would have no problem grabbing a burger but would rather swallow glass than any drug or alcohol, and Dave Booth has been vegan for like 12 years, but will definitely have a beer when he wants to)- nobody's a jerk about any of it- not within the band, and not in our regular lives. We definitely respect the good parts about sXe but no one in the band claims it.

i think, a lot of people will be surprised by the set. Not all the songs are political at all, and eventually many of them will be upbeat. And in between songs at shows, we're the opposite of an angry political band. It's obvious that the music means a lot to us and that we're serious about the material, but we're definitely having a good time and I imagine the vibe in some regards is much closer to that of a Descendents, Dead Milkmen, or Guttermouth show.

We're so suped that a bunch of our Providence and Boston friends are driving up to the Portland show tonight- everybody in the band and our engineer/spirit guide Dan Sawyer are fiending to see what Alias is gonna do tonight, and everyone is pumped to see Pro, and especially the new B. Dolan songs!

*Sorry about the wedding Al. Dance! It could be fun...
Post Fri May 22, 2009 10:06 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dilly dilly

Yesterday I some how managed to get tonight off from work... woo hoo!!!!

see you cats tonight! xoxo
-=dd
Post Fri May 22, 2009 11:23 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next